NFL Terrell Suggs and Kenechi Udeze

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

Will either or both of these young DE's become genuine superstars in the NFL?

Udeze is getting some playing time in Minny and impressing me early, needs to improve in a few areas, but is only 21.

Terrell Suggs is just a monster. Aside from Brian Urlacher, this kid is my favourite player in the league.
Has all the tools to become the best DE in the game, whilst also more than capable of playing at ROLB.

What's your take on them?

19 sacks in 22 games. 7 from 6 this season. He's won me over. More than happy to add him to my fantasy team earlier in the season and he hasn't let me down.

Nothing would suggest he isn't the real deal, but I would think he's getting more chances at making big plays in that defence than he would in some other programs. You can only make the most of your chances though and he's done that.

IMO he's more value as an OLB in a 3-4 defense than playing as a true DE.

I've only seen Udeze in one game so far (against the Saints). He looked ok and managed a sack in this game, but considering the opposition I thought the Vikings D-Line gave Brooks far too much time. The offense won this game and the Vikings D-Line really wasn't a factor. But from what I've read and the footage shown in the draft, the kid looks worth a round 1 pick.

phat said:
Will either or both of these young DE's become genuine superstars in the NFL?

Udeze is getting some playing time in Minny and impressing me early, needs to improve in a few areas, but is only 21.

Terrell Suggs is just a monster. Aside from Brian Urlacher, this kid is my favourite player in the league.
Has all the tools to become the best DE in the game, whilst also more than capable of playing at ROLB.

What's your take on them?

Suggs usually plays as a linebacker in the ravens D. Much like the other ravens LB's Adalius thomas ,Ed hartwell and Ray Lewis he is big enough and fast enough to be a decent pass rusher. Although as Jeff said in the post above he is best suited to a outside LB spot in a 3-4 defense.

As for the best defensive end in the game i think that Julius Peppers will have that title nailed down in a couple of years time. Big and explosive he is nearly the best athlete in the game IMO.

As for Udeze he is only in his first year so its hard to tell how good he will be. He hasnt done much as yet but as i said its his first year so its a big call to expect a dwight freeney, Julius peppers, Darren howard, Simeon Rice, Javon Kearse like rookie year. Michael Strahan only had one sack in limited playing time in his first year and he became one of the better DE's going around for the last decade. So he has plenty of time to show us what he has got.

I think fellow rookie Will Smith will be a better DE but time will tell. Jeff will hope im right. ;)

Minny's got 2 great young DE's in Udeze and Kevin Williams, who had 10 sacks in his rookie season. I wouldn't say Peppers is the best DE at all, lots of teams run at his side, and he has trouble stopping the run. Terrell Suggs shows you how much you should take notice at 40 times, still can't believe Arizona passed him up as the local boy when they had the 6th pick. Best DE is Jevon Kearse WHEN he is healthy.

DBAH0 said:
Best DE is Jevon Kearse WHEN he is healthy.

I'd take Simeon Rice, Richard Seymour and Patrick Kerney before him.

Not a fan of Kearse at all.

Suggs is a very good player, no doubt about that. Udeze was meant to be a top 10 pick but he slipper due to a bad shoulder. He hasn't done anything yet.

DBAH0 said:
Minny's got 2 great young DE's in Udeze and Kevin Williams, who had 10 sacks in his rookie season. I wouldn't say Peppers is the best DE at all, lots of teams run at his side, and he has trouble stopping the run.

Most defensive linesman have a weakness. He is more a pass rusher but there is no reason he shouldnt be good against the run. Maybe he is a victim of carolina's quality defensive line as they dont want to run at rucker or up the middle where Buckner and especially jenkins hold their own so why not run it at the young bloke.

Terrell Suggs shows you how much you should take notice at 40 times, still can't believe Arizona passed him up as the local boy when they had the 6th pick.

Suggs wasn't a reciever thats why...The cardinals have this WR fetish of late.It's no use having a great crop of recievers if you have nobody to throw it to them. Still we are talking about the cardinals so why should we be surprised

Best DE is Jevon Kearse WHEN he is healthy.

Strahan, Rice, Peppers, Freeney are all better IMO. Andre Carter is a guy who pays the price for playing in a garbage team..he'd be a star in a half decent one.

I've only suggested Kearse pretty much based on the fact the Philly D with their constant blitzing makes Kearse look so good. He only has 4 sacks, but has tons of D pressures of QB's so far. No doubt the move to the 4-3 has helped Kerney, even though he's been very quiet the last 2 weeks, probably because of no Rod Coleman. Teams double team Strahan so much now, it's hard for him to get sacks, let alone repeating his 24 sacks he had a couple of years ago. Freeney is a speed DE rusher nothing else, if he wasn't playing on turf, he wouldn't be as effective no doubt. I'll suggest 2 other DE's that haven't been mentioned so dar, Charles Grant and Greg Ellis.

DBAH0 said:
I've only suggested Kearse pretty much based on the fact the Philly D with their constant blitzing makes Kearse look so good. He only has 4 sacks, but has tons of D pressures of QB's so far. No doubt the move to the 4-3 has helped Kerney, even though he's been very quiet the last 2 weeks, probably because of no Rod Coleman. Teams double team Strahan so much now, it's hard for him to get sacks, let alone repeating his 24 sacks he had a couple of years ago. Freeney is a speed DE rusher nothing else, if he wasn't playing on turf, he wouldn't be as effective no doubt. I'll suggest 2 other DE's that haven't been mentioned so dar, Charles Grant and Greg Ellis.

Poor old ellis has copped double teams for ages having super dud ekuban on the other side gave teams the opportunity to tag team Ellis. Wiley was brought in to give ellis a chop out unfortunately for my boys he hasn't done anything resembling his pro-bowl form a few years back.

I agree re Freeney although if he was on a half decent defensive line he would be a nightmare to stop no matter what the surface. Stop freeney and you stop any defensive pressure(going by the game v KC that pressure is bugger all) the colts have.

DBAH0 said:
I'll suggest 2 other DE's that haven't been mentioned so dar,
Charles Grant and Greg Ellis.
Both are very good DE's.

Charles Grant is one of my favorite players. With a little more support from the DT's and the occasional rush support from the LB's, he would be even better. Wouldn't hurt for the other DE Darren "franchise" Howard to start making some big plays.

Ellis seems to be struggling since doing his ankle a couple of weeks ago. It could just be the extra respect o-lines are paying him, but he hasn't been having the same influence as he was early in the season.

The Jets have an excellent pair of DE's. Abraham and Ellis (Shaun) are IMO the best set of DE's in the league the season. Abraham probably the best in the league at that position. I'd expect these two to put on a clinic against the Dolphins tomorrow, with S.Ellis in particular having a big one and saving my fantasy team. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back