Terrible/average actors who pulled great performances from nowhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentioned it in the AGENTS OF SHIELD thread but there was this one scene where DICHEN LACHMAN actually impressed me.

Was obviously CGI........
She's been popping up everywhere;
Agents of Shield
Shameless
The Last Ship
The 100

She's OK, but I don't really see the appeal. I wouldn't say she's a terrible actor, but she's also not good.

She's been popping up everywhere;
Agents of Shield
Shameless
The Last Ship
The 100

She's OK, but I don't really see the appeal. I wouldn't say she's a terrible actor, but she's also not good.
Her and Bridget Regan ( :hearts: ) are the " kiss of death " for a show.

Mel Gibson is one of the best directors in the history of film.

He is a pretty s**t actor though. Except Payback. Payback was god damn brilliant for a revenge flick (shits on the like of Taken) and Gibson managed to keep a lid on his overacting.

He is a pretty s**t actor though. Except Payback. Payback was god damn brilliant for a revenge flick (shits on the like of Taken) and Gibson managed to keep a lid on his overacting.

Not a patch on Point Blank with Lee Marvin in the role (although I agree Mel was good in it).

Both based on Richard Stark's novel, 'The Hunter'. I love the 'Parker' series ( I think a recent remake of Payback/Point Blank starred Jason Statham as Parker. Uuuurgh!)

Stark imagined Jack Palance as Parker. Now that woulda been worth seeing

You seen Get The Gringo? Something of a spiritual sequel to Payback. Gibson is undeniable.

Ray Liotta in Goodfellas. He was quite funny during the dinner scene in Hannibal though and I did love him voicing Tommy Vercetti in GTA. I don't think I've seen him in anything else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. He wasn't a terrible actor by any stretch, but nor was he very good, and he was in a lot of shite movies.

I remember the thread about that movie while it was in production, and I along with many other BF nerds were like "HEATH LEDGER AS JOKER?!?!? WTF THIS IS AWFUL"

We were so very wrong.
Nah ledger was a great actor, he was pretty amazing in broke back mountain as well, would have been one of the all time greats if he was still alive making movies the dude was seriously talented at what he did.

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan of her much either, she always plays the same type of over emotional gripped in a crisis/depression, gets annoying after you've seen it about 5 times already

Hannibal was a ****ing stinker of a film. And SOTL is one of my all time favs. So maybe that's where all my hatred stems from :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back