Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

My middle name is John.

My nephew is James. He hates being called Jim or Jimmy.

My parents did an extremely w*nky thing and gave me two middle names.

When they called out my full name at uni graduation, I realised just how pompous it sounds. My middle names are both strong names like my first name, but put together? Jesus. A few of my friends have two middle names too. Talk about a w*nker brigade. :$

My sister did that to her son too. Which is weird because we'd always made fun of people like that in the past. It's amazing what having a child can bring out in some people.

For the record, his middle 2 names are both so much stronger/more normal than what they went with for a first name. Poor little dude.

My sister did that to her son too. Which is weird because we'd always made fun of people like that in the past. It's amazing what having a child can bring out in some people.

For the record, his middle 2 names are both so much stronger/more normal than what they went with for a first name. Poor little dude.

I knew a Greg Michael Seamus. Once we found out his middle names he became George Michael Semen :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sister is having a little girl. Good thing about that is Blaze is now off the table.

Bad thing is not only is Mabel now in play but Blaise has found its way into the game.

sadhomer.jpg~c200

Wouldn't calling your kid Blaze, regardless of spelling, condemn them to a career in the pr0n industry? You can't have that for your ickle niece.
I tried explaining this to my sister last night. pr0n star or Gladiator but she was having none of it. Got the old 'when you have a baby you can call it whatever you like' line.

I've got time on my side for the moment and mercifully Lily is also in the mix so I'll be agitating for that unless something better comes up.

I tried explaining this to my sister last night. pr0n star or Gladiator but she was having none of it. Got the old 'when you have a baby you can call it whatever you like' line.

I've got time on my side for the moment and mercifully Lily is also in the mix so I'll be agitating for that unless something better comes up.
Lily is gorgeous!

Don't people look at the meaning of names, anymore?

Or footballer/soccer player (Blaise Matuidi, PSG & French national team midfielder)
Unless Beerfish has French background, it just wouldn't seem right. It's a masculine name as well.