Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

Friend just name their boy Zi Zi. With the last name it sort of sounds cool but trying to be cool isn't what naming about a child should be about.

Think of the child not your ego.

Friend just name their boy Zi Zi. With the last name it sort of sounds cool but trying to be cool isn't what naming about a child should be about.

Think of the child not your ego.
Tell Mr and Mrs Topp to stop being chavs

Friend name his girl Tarquin-Ray. I should not have replied with "why" when he told me.

I had a friend respond the same way when I told him I'd bought a house... :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1987_02_supporting_dukakis.jpg

Not exactly terrible, but came across someone called 'Olympia' today. Rare and unusual. Also not sure how I'd feel about being named after a mountain/the Olympic Games/the place where the Olympics were first held.

Pretty sure that there's an actress that's been on HYBPA before with the same name - might be from Neighbours?

Pretty sure that there's an actress that's been on HYBPA before with the same name - might be from Neighbours?
Did google. The person I saw was probably about the same age, so not named after her or anything. Maybe it was a fad name in the early 90s?

Good thing google has a search by image feature :p Her brother is called Apollo :eek:

Like I said, it's not terrible. But it is kind of unusual... not sure I'd want it for myself.

Here's another rare and unusual name: Arthurina.