Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a girl in my class named Anige'r, because her mother's name is Regina and that is Regina backwards.

This is terrible on two levels.
  1. That's an odd way to name someone
  2. She is black, and it can be pronounced in a very politically incorrect way.

For the record, its actually pronounced ah-ni-jay.

What if Godlove becomes an atheist because they get sick of their parents pushing the religious agenda on them?

We can only hope

There is a girl in my class named Anige'r, because her mother's name is Regina and that is Regina backwards.

Lucky her mum wasn't called Lana.

It's as though people don't give any thought to what they're naming their child. To be fair, that could apply to 99% of the "names" in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sisters named Diamond and Tiara sitting in the row behind me at the rugby tonight :eek:
1119-rosie-inset-1200x630.jpg

Was at the park with my little girl and another lady brought her three kids over - two girls and a boy. The girls names were something like Aurora and Celestia (I can't remember exactly but they were really out there). The boy? Steve. Gave me the impression the dad might have insisted on naming him... lol