Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
For some reason my wife and I struggle to find boys names we like yet have plenty of girls names. Only problem is we keep having boys :rolleyes:
The wife and I had a girl's name picked for years before we were even ready for kids. So obviously we had a boy. We only want 2 total so you can guarantee we'll have to scrounge up another boy's name when we're ready for kid 2 since we also used our second favourite boy's name as his middle name.
I have a suggestion. It's a bit left field as a name, I mean I don't know any babies that have been named this in my lifetime, and the spelling is a bit weird... but I really like it as a name :) OK, this is it...

John :D :p

(All jokes aside, I do actually like it as a name)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRUMPY

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Im sure its been mentioned hundreds of times but idiot parents who deliberately spell their kids name different to be 'cool' or 'different'. All you are doing is making life annoying for said kid when they are older, having to correct people's spelling of their name on a daily basis.

Milang_Panthers

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pirates, Crystal Palace F.C.
I have a suggestion. It's a bit left field as a name, I mean I don't know any babies that have been named this in my lifetime, and the spelling is a bit weird... but I really like it as a name :) OK, this is it...

John :D :p

(All jokes aside, I do actually like it as a name)
That's our first sons middle name actually :D

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Brisbane AFLW
Im sure its been mentioned hundreds of times but idiot parents who deliberately spell their kids name different to be 'cool' or 'different'. All you are doing is making life annoying for said kid when they are older, having to correct people's spelling of their name on a daily basis.

The current AFL players have some shocking alternatives.

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #5,006
The wife and I had a girl's name picked for years before we were even ready for kids. So obviously we had a boy. We only want 2 total so you can guarantee we'll have to scrounge up another boy's name when we're ready for kid 2 since we also used our second favourite boy's name as his middle name.
I love Georgia for a girl, after the Hoagy Carmichael tune.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Like Parris, which I saw today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

troybe

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Not terrible but amazing coincidences. I worked at an rsl as a younger man, two old vets who came most days were Victor Bitter and James (Jim) Beems.

From memory both were in the Korean War, neither had met until sometime in the late 90s at the rsl.
Same with horse trainer Vic Rail, surely his parents were taking the piss or maybe his dad worked on Harris-Tait's

troybe

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Hilary Duff calling her baby girl Banks. That's one terrible name, the other terrible thing was making the placenta into a smoothie and calling it 'most delightful' :drunk:

Top Bottom