Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being named Barkley. That’s a dog’s name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windy could be a foreboding.

If that kid joins the military, the drill sergeant will nickname them "fart" before they even start getting haircuts.

My older cousin got pregnant at 16 and called her son Wilson-Phillips. With the hyphen on the cert.

This was despite everyone telling her to make it Wilson Phillip ...... like a normal person. But nah, in her eyes that wasnt a real tribute to her fav group.

A few years ago Wil, or Wilson-Phillips, had his first kid at 17. He wanted to name his son Rhode, I think he just picked a bunch of the hardest words he knew and shortened or played around with them.

Yes, erode is probably at the maximum of his vocabulary. He was so excited when he found out Rhode Island was a state so that was going to be the babys name from halfway thru the pregnancy.

When his gf went into labour, someone mentioned as a joke his son would be a Rhodes scholar. Didnt know what that meant, looked it up online,

Long story short he now has a son named Rhodes.

In Bunbury, I reckon there's 10 different types of jarreds and an equal number of taylors.

My old neighbour Mal, wanted to call his kid Malson. Mal's son.
He settled on Melson bcos it rhymed with Nelson.
His other son is called Mayson cos his wife insisted on her name being used as well.

Their daughters name is Jane. No explanation for why it's so normal but I think they misspelled it on the birth cert.

also, theres a handful of people born in Bunbury in the 90s just as rap music hit town.

Sugar and Ice(sister and brother. names ended up resembling real life unfortunately)

Kacy
Dre
Brandy
Brandi
Flow

In Bunbury, I reckon there's 10 different types of jarreds and an equal number of taylors.

My old neighbour Mal, wanted to call his kid Malson. Mal's son.
He settled on Melson bcos it rhymed with Nelson.
His other son is called Mayson cos his wife insisted on her name being used as well.

Their daughters name is Jane. No explanation for why it's so normal but I think they misspelled it on the birth cert.

also, theres a handful of people born in Bunbury in the 90s just as rap music hit town.

Sugar and Ice(sister and brother. names ended up resembling real life unfortunately)

Kacy
Dre
Brandy
Brandi
Flow
Strong user name to post and town correlation