Our great friends at Ch 7 have outdone themselves this week

Instead of a Friday Night Flashback Port get nothing, nada, zippo

The Tingles get a Saturday Night replay of the 1997 GF

Seems legit

Seems legit

They're not showing any games from our best AFL period (2001-2004), so what's the point?

Channel 7 don't have those games to show.

That's my point.

It's just the 2013 Showdown Ad Nauseam, with a few shithouse scraper wins when we were at our most rubbish.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Seems legit
Nah, there’s a 40 minute slot Sunday afternoon so they can rush into merv hughes fishing.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

The R5 game Port V Brisbane from 1997 will be shown on FOXTEL at 9.00 pm on Sunday evening.

From memory this is the game when Stephen Paxman saves the day by knocking the ball over the boundary when Brisbane are on the attack in the dying minutes. He would be penalised these days but it was a great piece of work 23 years ago. At least I think it was Paxman.

It is a good opportunity for some younger fans to take a look at Port's first year in the AFL and for some of us older fans to enjoy an 'I was there that day' moment.

Last edited:

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

The R5 game Port V Brisbane from 1997 will be shown on FOXTEL at 9.00 pm on Sunday evening.

From memory this is the game when Stephen Paxman saves the day by knocking the ball over the boundary when Brisbane are on the attack in the dying minutes. He would be penalised these days but it was a great piece of work 23 years ago. At least I think it was Paxman.

It is a good opportunity for some younger fans to take a look at Port's first year in the AFL and for some of us older fans to enjoy an 'I was there that day' moment.

It’s cool & all but surely they could find more recent games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
It’s cool & all but surely they could find more recent games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why, we all have the recent games in our memory so it is good to go back in time and look at the likes of Wanganeen, Francou, Primus, Paxman and co. Not to mention a different style of football. A thirty year old would only have been seven years of age when this game was played.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Have they done 2007 QF? that was channel 7 I'm pretty sure
Salopek getting KO'ed by Waters then kicking a big goal late and Tredrea laying out Selwood allowing Pettigrew to laceout rookie Westoff for the sealer.
Wanted to watch that again for a while.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Salopek getting KO'ed by Waters then kicking a big goal late and Tredrea laying out Selwood allowing Pettigrew to laceout rookie Westoff for the sealer.

it has been on recently, not sure if C7 or Foxtel

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
It was on Fox 2 weeks ago.

Hoff with the chainsaw in the last qtr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SA v Vic 1992 on tonight. Good to see Wangas, Braddles, Hynes, Obst, Leslie and Ando running around.

Fair SA forward line with Kernahan, Carey and Modra.

Hinkley playing for Victoria.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember going to this game with my cousin who was from Melbourne but studying in adelaide at the time. Remember him whining all the way home that the umps were bad and that the vics would have won easy if Gary Ablett had played. He was injured at the time. He was probably right on both counts. Brings back good memories watching these old games.

How did Adam Saliba get a game? AFL debut 26 June, 26 touches, 8 the next then SoO 7 July. Good form for Norf Adel?

Best mullet. Kicked a nice goal at the end but yeah, crows faves did get an armchair ride.

If Scott and McKenna had been umpiring it would have been a more lopsided free kick count than Port v North Melbourne at Bellerive in 2013.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching old games from footy park just reminds me how much of a miserable dank shithole it was. Getting a drink, getting out, the stairs being just out of ratio so it jarred walking down them & those ******* red coats. A more over inflated ill deserved sense of importance I’ve not since seen.

Probably why he retired after 3 games too.

He chose punching cones over punching cornes.

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember going to this game with my cousin who was from Melbourne but studying in adelaide at the time. Remember him whining all the way home that the umps were bad and that the vics would have won easy if Gary Ablett had played. He was injured at the time. He was probably right on both counts. Brings back good memories watching these old games.
How good was Robert Harvey? Everyone talks Voss and Ablett but reckon he is the best midfielder I have ever seen

Back