Society & Culture Terrible Co-Workers

Remove this Banner Ad

* me. Well....

I had been working at this hospital a while....I used to do 3 months on 3 different wards as I was doing shorter hours. Any hoo I ended up at this particular ward . There was another nurse there I'll call Sally. Sally was in fact very welcoming to me on the ward and layed it on pretty thick. She would just talk and talk about utter rubbish all day long and gave everyone nicknames. If she didn't like you the nickname was deg oratory. One short women got garden gnome a German women got Scjnitzel, you get the point. One day after a discussion about who shaves waxes blah blah she was informed that I did not in fact do Brazilians. Sally was Blown away by this and I earned a name that shall not be shared here.She called me the name constantly until day 3 I lost it and asked if she had an off button. Instantly it was on. She got over it after a while. Her life consisted of an endless stream of boyfriends, flat mates and friends and they all ended in a huge pile of dama. I couldn't stand her but pretended I did because it was easier. She constantly had little dramas with staff and was the biggest gossip I ever met. She would bully staff on the ward by being nasty ,ignoring them, lying about them etc.
She was reported numerous times . Nothing really happened. It all came to a head one day when she having yet another drama with someone. I was seen talking to this person and she decided to target me. She ignored me,was rude to me and encouraged others to do the same. After a run in I decided to quit i. It was either that or slam her head against the wall which would be very satisfactory but the end of my career. I have been back as an agency to the ward where she showed her true colours once again. This was a women in her 40s. I have known more mature 15 year olds.

Nastiest cow I think I have ever met. Ever.

I have a colleague who must be the busiest, most exhausted woman in the world. Constantly complaining, about EVERYTHING. She's also the sort to drop in the 'you wouldn't understand, you're not a mother' at every opportunity.

E.g.:
me: can we take a 2 minute break? I'm busting to go to the bathroom
bitchface: ohh you don't know what it's like to need to pee, you haven't had kids

bitchface: * I'm tired, absolutely exhausted today
me: how loud was the wind last night? I couldn't sle-
bitchface (interrupting): ohhh you don't know what being tired is like, you're not a mother

I have a colleague who must be the busiest, most exhausted woman in the world. Constantly complaining, about EVERYTHING. She's also the sort to drop in the 'you wouldn't understand, you're not a mother' at every opportunity.

E.g.:
bitchface: ohh you don't know what it's like to need to pee, you haven't had kids

bitchface: **** I'm tired, absolutely exhausted today
bitchface (interrupting): ohhh you don't know what being tired is like, you're not a mother
What a biatch. I'm a mother but I get that other people feel tired also!

E.g.:

yuck. I know just the type. I had one of those before but what she didn't know is that Im a full time single dad so it was pretty easy to shut her down

E.g.:

I've noticed this sort of stuff being said to me lately. Today I mentioned sleeping in and not having time for breakfast, cue 'how on earth can you sleep in? Oh that's right you don't have kids'. Wtf.

Can be quite a cruel thing to bring up as you never know if the person is trying to have kids. Not me for the record

I've noticed this sort of stuff being said to me lately. Today I mentioned sleeping in and not having time for breakfast, cue 'how on earth can you sleep in? Oh that's right you don't have kids'. Wtf.

Can be quite a cruel thing to bring up as you never know if the person is trying to have kids. Not me for the record
Or if the person is unable to have kids. That would be horrid to hear for them.

1st job, bloke a couple of desks up, always on time, didn't take sickies, made deadlines, volunteered for overtime, never came to work hungover, didn't make a dick of himself at sundowners, wouldn't snort coke in the toilets, wouldn't have beers at lunch, and would go back on time,, treated clients with respect, no unwanted sexual advances on the female staff, didn't engage in petty theft from the office.

Last edited:
**** mothers. Srsly. Yeah the whole ****en world revolves around you, go **** yourself.

:D

Anyway- I'm pretty lucky no psychos working at my school (not that I know of anyway), I had one annoying af workmate tho who would just tell me pointless, boring, stupid stories, (mainly about her family) that I couldn't care less about, I started making a tally actually of the crap stories she would tell me. :D She was a nice person tho. There's a few people around work you have to be "careful" around- a school is like Big Brother is watching people tattle tale on each other at the drop of a hat. So yeah some people you just have to be a bit more alert and careful what you say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a colleague who smoked while pregnant. And she'd been TRYING to get pregnant. Maybe sort out the addiction first then do the baby second. * me.

I have 2 co-workers that just grate me. One is a Ned Flanders - waaay over the top too nice and polite. The other is one of those that you dread having to approach about something because the answer includes about half an hour of useless waffle that you don't feel the need to know about.
Know those feels. Thank god for internal messenger

Had a guy who was temping for me, the plan was to have the guy for at least two weeks. I was the Assistant Manager who'd become the Temp Manager because the Manager had left (was only another employee who was away on leave). So, this guy was about 15 plus years older than me (I was 24) and straight away I could tell he wasn't keen on getting instructions from me, I'm always told that I'm the most casual boss people have had and as long as the work gets done I'm happy to let people leave early etc etc.

I had instructed this dude on how to pack some orders, spent an hour with him helping him out and showing what was needed. It was pretty simple warehouse work and the one point I reiterated was that to be careful and take your time, especially with the paint! Showed him how to stack the paint etc etc to avoid damage.

I was out the front in the showroom with customers and I hear an almighty bang and the unmistakable sound of paint cans rattling and rolling around so I excuse myself from the customer and race out the back to discover the worst sight I have ever witnessed in my working life. Approx 40 litres of paint (4 litre cans) had been spilt everywhere, up the walls, over the computer, forklifts, trolley and obviously the floor. The guy had stacked the paint cans about 1.8 metres high but hadn't followed the way I had shown him let alone abide by the height I said to stay under.

He's absolutely sh*tting himself but taking no responsibility in the process "I followed what you told me". "Nah mate, see the example pallet we both packed right there?, looks a bit diffferent eh?". I was pretty cool aside from that comment, I just said that the damage is done so you'll just have to clean it up and I'll give you a hand once I've finished with the customers (who had gathered at the warehouse entry to have a look/laugh). Next minute the guy comes out, tells me he doesn't appreciate being spoken to like that by someone my age and I should have more respect and then walked out, leaving me to clean up the whole f*cking mess on my own.

Funny thing was he had left his mobile phone behind and returned the next day to collect it. I made him wait about half hour whilst I served people and told him I was disappointed that he wasn't mature enough to admit his mistake let alone clean the mess.

Or if the person is unable to have kids. That would be horrid to hear for them.

I know someone who has been in that situation. She's also been told by some that having kids is the best thing in the world and how anyone who doesn't have kids is selfish. I was amazed she kept her cool. She doesn't openly admit to her issue at work because ultimately its not worth the s**t and has had issues in the past where she was always on the Christmas roster because quote 'you don't have a family'.

I know someone who has been in that situation. She's also been told by some that having kids is the best thing in the world and how anyone who doesn't have kids is selfish. I was amazed she kept her cool. She doesn't opening admit to her issue at work because ultimately its not worth the s**t and has had issues in the past where she was always on the Christmas roster because quote 'you don't have a family'.

God this attitude :rolleyes:
:mad::huh:o_O:'(

Also- why the **** do they even care?! Because the human race is really going to die out if certain people choose not to have kids. If anything the ****ing earth is over populated the dicks out there having kids are the problem.

/end rant.

Thought of a thick af co-worker but not "terrible" as such.

Was at Hoyts- supervisor in the Candy Bar told this kid to "re-stock the lollies" in the area where you can purchase mix lollies. The jaffas were low in stock.

The kid got a whole bunch of $7 bags of jaffas from behind the counter for individual sale and started filling up the jaffas. :D

I was going to explain everything that's wrong with this post but you're not a mother so you wouldn't understand... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back