Terrible, terrible performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't terrible. We showed heart in the last, just need to work on our starts.

Sick of the negativity around here. We're closer than you think.

We've been closer than we thought for 15 years.

And if you take solace from kicking a few after being down by 7 all night, then you dont even football.

As someone who backed you thinking you'd pull out a Sydney/Freo away win - so my bitterness is noted - you were never in it. The scoreboard flattered.

A vulnerable Geelong in cruise control all night. So frustrating.

We've been closer than we thought for 15 years.

And if you take solace from kicking a few after being down by 7 all night, then you dont even football.
I'll admit the first 3 quarters were the softest 3 I've seen us play in a while.

I just think that if the players can get their mindset right they can do good things.

As someone who backed you thinking you'd pull out a Sydney/Freo away win - so my bitterness is noted - you were never in it. The scoreboard flattered.

Simply, we didn't show up.

Was Suns game MKII.

Really disappointing, given Geelong were wounded and we should have torched them in the contest but sat off ball watching and waiting for somebody to put their hand up.

Get ****ed.

Absolutely nowhere near it. We are a 3-4 goal worse side than last year.

4 losses against middle of the bunch top 8 teams, have been complete and utter floggings.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a less than functional forward line. Our midfield doesn't work hard enough. We radically changed our gameplan (for the fifth time in five years) on the back some heartbreaking losses.

We are nowhere near Top 4.

I thaught geelong were really on song tonight. Tomahawk nearly unstoppable. Bartels and s3lwood fantastic. Theres no doubting the way they go about things and we wernt to far off them.sure iam dissapointed with tbe loss but if we get our fwd structure sorted were in town.btw spud had a crack tonight. Swallow will be better for the run and macdonald showed tonnes of courage.

Really?

5 tackles in a quarter of footy and the "we had the ball most of the quarter" excuse can definitely not be used.

We're soft.

Yep.

We should have been s**t for 3-4 years, win 1-3 games a season and nekminit top of ladder again.

upload_2014-5-23_22-35-40.jpeg

We have a less than functional forward line. Our midfield doesn't work hard enough. We radically changed our gameplan (for the fifth time in five years) on the back some heartbreaking losses.

We are nowhere near Top 4.
Yes but that's how close we are.

Work on getting the forward line right and the mids to work hard and good things will come.

Bon needs to stop being a soft coach and actually do something.

I dunno if it's just because 15 years (Yes people 15 ******* years....) since we've been a contender, but some on here have some really bloody low standards.................

That was utter garbage.... the fact that the intensity noticeably lifted in the last 10 minutes of the game when they thought they got a sniff shows how incredibly mentally soft this team is........

This team reacts, it doesn't instigate...

Lol, we had 5 tackles in the 3rd Q and you are telling us we are closer than we think. Pressure wins football and at present there isnt anywhere near enough over 4 Q's

Geelong ran out of legs and that is the single factor that brought us back into the game

Really?

5 tackles in a quarter of footy and the "we had the ball most of the quarter" excuse can definitely not be used.

We're soft.
Looks that way doesn't it.

Which is really frustrating given we've put all our work into a defensive mindset.

It's ******* galling when you throw up 3 tackles half way through what us old timers always called the premiership quarter.

Is Guthrie a really good player ?
Because watching on the tv it looked like he had all the time and space in the world and had a million touches.
Or did we make him look good ?

We were outplayed clearly for 3 quarters. 3 talls ain't working. How about two talls and the bloke who is kicking goals in the 2s. Wood in daw out. Scoreboard flattered us tonight. We were never close. But it was in Geelong and it's a bigger advantage then people give it credit. It makes next weeks game so much bigger. Season defining

Remove this Banner Ad

Back