Roast Terrible v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a disgusting, lazy, front-running, soft shithouse club.

Selecting the tallest, slowest forward line in AFL history when even a dead person knows it wasn't going to work. Can't make a not-even-tough call to drop Otten. Disgraceful.

Game day effort was amateur level. Seriously putrid. No leadership. No effort. Nothing. Fumbling, no composure. Those are the signatures of the Adelaide Crows game plan.

Pyke has no plan B.

We are so far away from a flag it's not funny

This was a game of being outcoached.

Played 2 men loose in defence and we didn't think of matching it
Agree with this, outcoached is what we were. We've also got a few passengers and our good players aren't at their best.

Disagree we are 'that far away from a flag it's not funny'... that's a slight over reaction.

• atkins turn over kicks
  • just give up
  • our best tackler is a rookie basketballer playing only a handful of games
  • can't adapt to any team stopping us
  • fold like a cheap thai suit
  • smithy almost useless now - what the hell happened to him?
  • betts/cameron... lost a bit of sizzle lately
  • lazy forward line
  • team defence isn't working
  • screw it. everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton>>>>>>Doedee. Seriously who the hell made the decision to pass on this guy for an unknown kid from dangerfields home club. Ogilvie has had 2 really bad years.

Otten – horrible

Douglas – 17 nothing possessions – 2 tackles. When I suggested he be dropped last week the usual mediocres were outraged. He will be the next club “legend” to 200 games.

JJ – Jericho on steroids.

Smith – Front runner. Trade.

Pyke – Average. Neil Craig MkII. Expect a demonstration this week on ‘tough football”. He may even bring back Michael “ Mad Dog “ Doughty.

Less than 10 games yet Greenwood is only aggressive player

Finals – Straight Sets. Pathetic, soft culture

Those Adelaide supporters who always stuck up for the club after each poor decision. You now have got the pathetic club you deserve. 19 years.

So I tipped us tonight, because I didn't think Hawthorn would bring it for four quarters. When teams don't, we win. Usually easily. They brought it for four quarters and we lost. Dismally.

There are a lot of stats and selections and individual players that I'm sure will get discussed here. But essentially in my mind it boils down to this:

After the Melbourne game we sat 6-2, top of the ladder. Yet a lot of us basically knew we wouldn't win the premiership. The complete dismantling of our gamestyle by North and Melbourne, and the lack of ability to actually do anything about it by our onfield leaders, was obvious. It will not cut it in finals.

After a few soft wins, nothing has changed. We now sit 9-4. Inside the Top 4, with percentage, in an even season. Yet we know we won't win the flag.

How utterly depressing, embarrassing, and plain old mediocre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back