Roast Terrible v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone seen Sloane's stats in our losses compared to our wins? Pretty damning.

Why does this happen to us? Why is the entire competition now talking about how effective a hard tag is on Sloane?

Why aren't they talking about how well tags work on Selwood, or Dangerfield or Wines...?

Why always us? Why are we always the ones these prick tactics work on?

Ask yourself.
Is there anyone else worth tagging?

We have been going in too tall since Jenkins has come back from injury because we stubbornly won't drop the good news comeback story of the year in Otten - it has been hurting the team since. At some stage thay have to make the decision between Jenkins and Otten, it just has to be done.

To me this is the key issue and many of our other problems stem from this change in structure. To me It's no coincidence that the form of the team has gone to crap since this moment in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still totally urinated off with the Hawthorn game and just want to restate something and then force myself to let it go.

Every year we seem to lose (give away) games that with the Stars aligning, we should professionally tuck into our win basket. These games are often classified as highly likely 'gimmes', that when lost, cost our season dearly. Year after year.

We couldn't beat Hawthorn, on our home turf, top of the table playing 17th who are probably eyeing off a lowly finish that will net them early picks.
There is a scale of magnitude to this loss. It's stuck in my craw.

Fin.

I'm still totally urinated off with the Hawthorn game and just want to restate something and then force myself to let it go.

Every year we seem to lose (give away) games that with the Stars aligning, we should professionally tuck into our win basket. These games are often classified as highly likely 'gimmes', that when lost, cost our season dearly. Year after year.

We couldn't beat Hawthorn, on our home turf, top of the table playing 17th who are probably eyeing off a lowly finish that will net them early picks.

Fin.
Hawthorn are not tanking for draft picks St Kilda has their first pick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is exactly it for me.

Ties into how he says "That's not us."

He means it's not how we play when we are allowed to play our way.

Unfortunately Don it IS us when we are under pressure
The strange thing is when we beat the Hawks earlier in the season, we manned up on their loose backmen & pressured them, to get back into the game after they got the fast break... but this time we didn't learn & let them have 2 loose spares in defence, to drive their attacks. Why change the plan that worked? Doesn't help when 3/4 forwards are talls & apply little pressure...

Pyke lost that game with poor selection, subsequent structure, wrong game plan, not changing tactics when it was obviously no good.

I'd also argue he's responsible for getting the collective mindset right.

Maybe if the plan, selection, structure and mindset was right our shocking skills and decision making would've been far better? I think that's a definite yes.

The first side weeks a big part of his coaching was changing things around.

Early in the first hawks game we were exposed by their wall. So our forwards were repositioned to closer to that wall to stop them getting the free ball out.

That didn't happen this time.

I wonder if Otten and Tex are too slow a forward duo to be able to counter this move. I can't remember if Otto was playing forward or back, he did kick a goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
For much of the game we had Walker, Otten, Jenkins & Betts in our forward line up against 6 Hawks defenders... so you didn't need to be Einstein to work out that the forward entries were usually going to be repelled with interest. We made Sicily look like a class rebounding CHB, which just shows how rubbish our setups were.

Also, we had Lynch playing much of the game on a wing, because we were already too tall up forward... so we have taken him away from his usual role, when we could have had someone like Knights giving us better 2 way running off a wing.

If we don't address the balance of our side, we may as well tank for draft picks, as we are going nowhere with the current tall side lacking midfielders.

Hodge running around like an unregistered dog gave me the shits.

It actually goes down as one of the worst games I've had to sit through.

Fin.

Yep.
Spot on.

Guess who??

Crows Leaderboard
53 – Rory Sloane
32 – Rory Laird
20 – Matt Crouch
19 – Taylor Walker
19 – Sam Jacobs
16 – Jake Lever
16 – Eddie Betts
13 – Tom Lynch
12 – Charlie Cameron
12 – Richard Douglas
10 – Brad Crouch
9 – Rory Atkins
5 – Brodie Smith
2 – Luke Brown
2 – Kyle Hartigan
1 – Josh Jenkins

Tough midfielder Matt Crouch was the only Crow to poll against Hawthorn in the AFL Coaches Association Champion Player of the Year award. Crouch, 22, was awarded a single vote following Adelaide’s disappointing 14-point loss to the Hawks at Adelaide Oval last Thursday night. The young onballer amassed a team-high 35 possessions and five clearances while laying eight tackles against the Hawks.

It’s the first time a Crow has polled in a losing side this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back