Society/Culture Terror attack in London

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on the perpetrator and cause?

Bit of a mixed bag over there with a prominent ex IRA leader dying, Brexit and Islamic terrorism. Without jumping to conclusions the latter is the most likely IMO.

Has been confirmed it was terrorism and not just some bourke street nutter thing?

Any news on the perpetrator and cause?

Bit of a mixed bag over there with a prominent ex IRA leader dying, Brexit and Islamic terrorism. Without jumping to conclusions the latter is the most likely IMO.

Has been confirmed it was terrorism and not just some bourke street nutter thing?

Nada so far...other than the BBC saying the assailant shot dead, according to the Speaker of the House that is...

Cut it out. I have never claimed Islamic terrorism is not thing, or that radicalisation is not a very real issue. Stop being a dick.

No, you're just being an Islamophobe, which is what ISIS want. Stop playing into their hands by speculating about Islam being involved and therefore setting up a war between the West and Islam which does not exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get London police.

They make them wear shirts and ties, give them completely impractical helmets, and then don't arm them.

I lived with a cop for a while over here. Most dont want guns. Goes back to old school understanding between them and crims ie you dont shoot us, we wont shoot you. Yardies first mob to really test that but they seem far less of an issue now. Look at Melbourne and walsh street etc, maybe they had a point.

I think the number of police able to carry weapons has risen quite a bit in recent years.

To right wing even for you?.

Just a mirror to the BBC. They dont leave any doubt about where they stand

I lived with a cop for a while over here. Most dont want guns. Goes back to old school understanding between them and crims ie you dont shoot us, we wont shoot you. Yardies first mob to really test that but they seem far less of an issue now. Look at Melbourne and walsh street etc, maybe they had a point.

I think the number of police able to carry weapons has risen quite a bit in recent years.

Just scanning through what I linked about.
"A great deal of what we take as normal about policing was set out in the early 19th Century," he says.

"When Robert Peel formed the Metropolitan Police there was a very strong fear of the military - the masses feared the new force would be oppressive."

A force that did not routinely carry firearms - and wore blue rather than red, which was associated with the infantry - was part of this effort to distinguish the early "Peelers" from the Army, Waddington says.

5% it seems are trained and authorised from that too.

Firearms are effectively banned in the UK
So police don't need them

Yeah it weirded me out when I was there for that Woolwich attack. There were two police officers present but they couldn't do anything because the perpetrators had a handgun. Took the armed police officers about half an hour to get there, which is arguably a pretty good timeframe considering London traffic.

Luckily in this case the cops had guns. Sounds like the perpetrator charge them with a knife.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back