Society/Culture Terror attack in London

Remove this Banner Ad

20 injured...3 dead.

Attacker dead also.

Awaiting IS to claim responsibility.

Even though odds are they never met the perpetrator, never had any contact with him, or anything to do with them at all.

Who gave those campaigners the authority to claim responsibility for every terror attack in the world connected to Islamic radicalism?

Even though odds are they never met the perpetrator, never had any contact with him, or anything to do with them at all.

Who gave those campaigners the authority to claim responsibility for every terror attack in the world connected to Islamic radicalism?

Ye...they've set up a pretty effective ' business model' for themselves...can claim all sorts of s**t with minimal effort.

Regardless of whether they inspired today or not, they certainly need to be eradicated.

The Iraqi army are doing a pretty decent job of it at present.

Plus the Iraqi and Syrian civilian population who have had more than enough of those campaigners.

I've read the foreign ISIS fighters in Mosul are really ****ed now. 'Local' fighters can blend into the civilian population to try and escape. Western fighters can't.

I really think you're missing the point of ISIS completely, Mal. They don't need to be directly involved with every incident. All they need to do is plant an idea in the head of people around the world that might assist in creating these incidents. They don't have unlimited resources and they know that.

Too many people here seem to think that if ISIS aren't sending operatives then it doesn't matter, but that's just not what's happening. The idea itself is so much more powerful and if they can simultaneously inspire people to attack civilians and also claim responsibility then they're satisfied. Isn't that what happened with the suspected Australian plot? ISIS released a video of potential targets for others to carry out.

Doesn't matter if they met him or not, if a lone wolf believes in their ideas and their cause it has no relevance if it was part of some organised effort. The result is the same, you can't go to war with an idea.

The best thing you can do to combat bad ideas is spread better ones. We need to shine a light on people in the Muslim world who publicly condemn these acts and preach reformation of harmful doctrine and dogma that permeates through the muslim world.

Just watching this on the news and i saw a vid of the jr foreign minister giving 1st aid along with some other john q's and the whole time there was a guy in coveralls with "DOCTOR" clearly marked standing right there watching on along with other emergency personnel. Strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me the definition of a terrorist attack?

If the assailant was a middle class caucasian Englishperson would this incident be consdiered as a terrorist atack?

Oxford dictionary definition- The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Anders Breivik was charged with terrorism so probably yes.

Just watching this on the news and i saw a vid of the jr foreign minister giving 1st aid along with some other john q's and the whole time there was a guy in coveralls with "DOCTOR" clearly marked standing right there watching on along with other emergency personnel. Strange.

I had that thought myself, but I'm sure there is a protocol being followed...

Sounds like the work of a follower of a very peaceful religion.

Yes religion 'hides' all sins. I guess a car & a knife can be at least as destructive to a small number of people in a public place, as the massive number of priests etc buggering children (in secret 'protective & caring' environments away from the public), & causing life ending suicides & life long misery & psychological problems for thousands of innocent children. That pain also pain spreads to their families & friends.

Damn the lot of them whatever their pretend peaceful religion is.

And dont forget the Spanish inquisition. Another bunch of happy chappies.

If they're performing CPR and doing it properly, there's no point in wasting a doctor or a paramedic on it when they could possibly be needed elsewhere.

I have always been taught in first aid courses that I've done that if you're the first there and start CPR then you're in charge unless you're doing it wrong and potentially doing more harm than good.

Queue conspiracy theorists using this as proof that it was faked.

Or... it could be a migrant from Europe who is pissed about Brexit and had severe episodic problems. I mean the guy who stabbed an MP to death.. he was white and therefore wasn't a terrorist.
QFA

If they're performing CPR and doing it properly, there's no point in wasting a doctor or a paramedic on it when they could possibly be needed elsewhere.

I have always been taught in first aid courses that I've done that if you're the first there and start CPR then you're in charge unless you're doing it wrong and potentially doing more harm than good.

Queue conspiracy theorists using this as proof that it was faked.

I don't know where you did your 1st aid but in all my training you continue CPR until the first responders arrive then they take over. No way would you have john q's continuing 1st aid while paramedics and doctors are right there standing around. I just finished some work training in Melbourne a few weeks ago and that included one days first aid CPR, defibrillator use etc.
Label me what you like but that's some strange stuff.

Likely just an emissary from the religion of peace, cut down on his way to deliver a joyful message to parliament. It's the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love, you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back