The Law Terror Threat in Melbourne averted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it was psychedelics in this case but I get your point. It worries me though that someone who experiences psychosis on drugs would be treated the same as someone who had existing mental issues going psychotic on drugs, if you can understand my poor syntax. Seems like a cop out.

If it comes to light that Jimmy was "normal" when he wasn't on drugs, albeit still a dead set a-hole, then hopefully he is shown no mercy in sentencing.

Ah, pointless anyway. This s**t bird won't see freedom for a long, long time, if ever.
You use the same medication in the acute phase but those with drug induced psychosis don't need to stay on the drugs. Unless they keep using. Then the prescribed antipsychotic has a street value to fund the actual drug habit.

A few, mostly with heart racing or feeling jittery or scared. But there are cases of seizures and hyperthermia as well (seizures from low sodium from over hydration, hyperthermia from autonomic dysregulation) inner city ED people will have more experience (that's where the big parties are)

It's actually good to have insight from health workers. You guys are at the front line trying to keep these people safe and you do a bloody good job of it considering you don't always have the best of resources or staff levels:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm must admit to being a little surprised at the number of people on here and on facebook who are 'opposed to the death penalty' but willing to make an exception here. Principles aren't pick and mix or dependent on how close to you something happens. If you want the death penalty for this guy, then you are in favour of the death penalty; the only point you differ on is for which crime it applies.

Last edited:
I'm must admit to being a little surprised at the number of people on here and one facebook who are 'opposed to the death penalty' but willing to make an exception here. Principles aren't pick and mix or dependent on how close to you something happens. If you want the death penalty for this guy, then you are in favour of the death penalty; the only point you differ on is for which crime it applies.
Honestly yesterday when it was all going down. I wanted him dead.

I think its a good example of why we have courts and judges.
I still hate that piece of s**t. But I have a hard time wishing for the death of another person now that im not so distraught.

He needs to be locked up forever. And I would still love to have 5 minutes alone with him and a cricket bat. But death is a step too far. And lynch mobs have never benefited society.

I'm must admit to being a little surprised at the number of people on here and on facebook who are 'opposed to the death penalty' but willing to make an exception here. Principles aren't pick and mix or dependent on how close to you something happens. If you want the death penalty for this guy, then you are in favour of the death penalty; the only point you differ on is for which crime it applies.
I just want him beaten up

Honestly yesterday when it was all going down. I wanted him dead.

I think its a good example of why we have courts and judges.
I still hate that piece of s**t. But I have a hard time wishing for the death of another person now that im not so distraught.

He needs to be locked up forever. And I would still love to have 5 minutes alone with him and a cricket bat. But death is a step too far. And lynch mobs have never benefited society.

I have no problem wishing him dead - i just have to remove emotion from it and think it sets a dangerous precedent allowing the state to have the power to kill.

Why is this discussion in a thread about terrorism? Yesterday's tragedy had nothing to do with terrorism.

Totally terrorism related.

Lone loser meets death wish/Islamic propaganda.

Eliminating dogs? I doubt he was into greyhound racing.

Inspired perhaps but terror was inflicted regardless of his insane beliefs.

Nobody drives through crowds without inspiration from events.

The sad loser fits into the oxygen thief category over his lame attempts at religious fundamentalism and quest for notoriety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have read somewhere that polls suggest 70% of Aussies want the death penalty reinstated. I imagine in the 70% there would be many differing opinions on which types of crimes deserve it.

I just want him beaten up

Bring back the Medieval Stocks I say....Leave him out in the elements to rot, in between plenty of kicks in the nuts & punches to the head.

Communal therapeutic catharsis....Then let the rats strip his mangy carcass to the bones....I like it.:thumbsu:

The exception proves the rule.

I don't want that either. I mean, I won't shed a tear if it happens, but I wouldn't want to be part of a system that encourages that.

Its a interesting point and won of worthy discussion and I certainly wont discredit your stance. But I do sometimes wonder that the last decade or so of softly softly approach has made it a easy option out for people who choose to do such despicable acts as what this guy did. I cant help but wonder if he knew that eventually he would be arrested rather peacefully (although he got shot in a limb). It honestly wouldnt surpise me if it crossed his mind that he could go out peacefully enough in the end. Lets not beat around the bush...a vehicle is a weapon and the guy knew it. He could behave the way he did with a hint of running over anyone (not cops) that tried to stop him. Prior to running down people on a sidewalk he was casually followed by police, and obviously before that he was causally watched by foot patrol police men on the sidewalk who might aswell been on lunch break.

So to say you dont wish him to be beaten up because you dont want to be part of that...you mean that as "Beaten up" is some sort of symbol? Is that the worst that cant happen to these sort of people. TBH... My experience with these sort of people he would have taken any beating like a champ and it wouldnt have bothered him.

The whole over diagnosis of how to treat these sort of people contributes to how these sort of events play out IMO :)

Totally terrorism related.

Lone loser meets death wish/Islamic propaganda.

Eliminating dogs? I doubt he was into greyhound racing.

Inspired perhaps but terror was inflicted regardless of his insane beliefs.

Nobody drives through crowds without inspiration from events.

The sad loser fits into the oxygen thief category over his lame attempts at religious fundamentalism and quest for notoriety.

Hmmm. It's from the Daily Mail, so make of it what you will.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...acker-Gargasoulas-online-dating-profiles.html

(Gargasoulas) claimed to be 'Greek Islamic Kurdish' and a follower of Yazdanism, the native religion of the Kurds before the arrival of Islam, also know as the 'cult of Angels'.

'I know exactly how to take you DOGS down the power of knowing has revealed and I shall have GODS laws re-instated,' he wrote last Saturday.

An hour earlier he ranted about connections between Scientology, the Illuminati, and the Free Masons, who would 'do anything in the power to dominate the world'.

He claimed they would 'take on the new world order' and that women would run the world because god's laws had been 'overwritten by human laws'...

His concern for 'God's laws' - did they drive him to try and murder his brother?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...d-bourke-street-attacker-20170121-gtw3w4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back