The Law Terror Threat in Melbourne averted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a similar attack had been carried out by an individual, and it was discovered that this individual called himself a member of the KKK (whether or not he actually was in fact a member), would we be so quick to dismiss the connection and declare that the KKK's philosophies are completely benign and unrelated to this heinous act?
Breivik's shooting was politically motivated as a right-wing catholic yet he was dismissed as a mentally disturbed individual pretty quickly.
Systematic abuse of children covered up by the catholic church in this country.
Terrorist activity in Europe is actually less than the 80s/90s levels with the IRA / ETA collectively doing far more damage as organized political/separatist movements.

It's amazing how we gloss over terrorist activity if the perpetrators are able to be closely identified as similar to mainstream Australian society, yet try and generalize about 1.9 billion people if the perpetrators looks a little different.

Yes, because ... 1.9 billion ... and ... look different ... or something.
What?

This bloke was not a Muslim. He also said he was a follower of Yazdanism, which is an extinct, pre-Islamic religion. He also made accusations about Scientology and the Illuminati. Nothing this bloke has has any relationship to reality.

What?

This bloke was not a Muslim. He also said he was a follower of Yazdanism, which is an extinct, pre-Islamic religion. He also made accusations about Scientology and the Illuminati. Nothing this bloke has has any relationship to reality.

Ok fine. I just thought it was interesting he chose to affiliate himself with being "Islamic" i.e. "Greek Islamic Kurd".

Was or has there been a pattern of "right-wing catholics" carrying out such attacks in the last few years? Or was it an isolated event? Not that it makes his actions any more justifiable, but Breivik's actions were ironically in response to what he perceived to be the growing influence of Islam over his country.
The trigger happy hawks in the white house, many of whom believe in literal interpretations of Revelations, pushing for overseas military action "in the name of our God" puts the number of attacks in the hundreds if not thousands.

Of coruse, we could just glance at the rise of far-right nationalism as well:

Mr Maassen's remarks came after the Verfassungsschutz's annual report revealed that cases of far-Right violent acts in Germany had increased by 42 per cent to 1,408 in 2015.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...remists-teaming-up-with-gangs-in-america-and/

Abuse of children is not officially sanctioned by the Catholic church. However, jihad and the killing of infidels is sanctioned by Islam.
Please provide evidence where the wider Islamic community globally supports jihad and the killing of infidels, as you put it.
If you're going to generalize about 1.9 billion people do you mind if others do the same? Catholics are all pedophile sympathizers. Wow, it's easy to do (and stupid).

Ok. Fantastic. So we should put Islam and terrorists organisations like the IRA/ETA on the same level. Therefore, Islam should be condemned just as we condemn the IRA/ETA. Glad we agree on something.
No, by your logic you would be therefore condemning all Catholics and all Spanish people as terrorists.
Clearly mass generalization are incorrect and only used by the intellectually vapid/lazy.

I put Islamic Terrorists (and Wahabbist ideology) on the same level.

Unless you are saying that the ideologies promoted by the IRA/ETA should be scrutinized, but not Islam because ... 1.9 billion and ... look different.
IRA/ETA are fringe elements of a wider society.
You scrutinize the fringe elements and extremists, not innocent people.

Which terrorist activity in particular are you referring to that has been "glossed over"? Are you saying that terrorist activities carried out by Breivik and by the IRA and ETA were "glossed over"?
Breivik himself was painted as a loner. Ditto McVeigh.
In your first sentence you even offered mitigation for his action by claiming it was "in response to what he perceived to be the growing influence of Islam over his country". Would you be so quick to mitigate killing if he was a different shade?

In recent history, no religion has been used to justify violence to the extent that Islam has. That is a fact.

I already posted the data for January 2017 alone. Go ahead and tally the numbers by religion.

There's a multitude of reasons why that may be the case, not least of which is the fact that a lot of countries where Islam predominates are in the midst of some type or another of armed conflict. Most terrorism is politically motivated, religion is just a tool to help coerce.

"Islam" in and of itself is not the problem - there are hundreds of millions if not billions of people who follow the religion who are just normal people trying to live their lives. Your demonising of their religion is dangerous because it leads to bigoted idiots lashing out at them for no reason other than their religion.

If that's the case, it proves that Muslims can't even get along with other Muslims, let alone non-Muslims.

Should we just sweep the issue of Islam under the carpet and pretend that it's just a harmless "religion" when the facts say otherwise?

And to answer your question, yes, I post about the Adelaide Crows and AFL during the season proper among other things.
That certainly is true and no I don't think that we should sweep Extremist Islam under the carpet but call it out for what it is.

However some are taking it too far, just in the past month incidences of abuse being hurled a Muslim family in a playground and recently Muslim student in a car does seem to be swept under. The extremist don't need our help in furthering their cause and alienating.

Look, you could argue that the Catholic church has orchestrated cover ups to wrongfully protect priests who engaged in child abuse/pedophilia. That's fair.

However, the Catholic church does not preach to Catholics that they need to go out and abuse children as part of their duty as Catholics, as compared to Islam and jihad.
Maybe so, but when the church has celibacy as a condition of employment, is it any wonder their fantastic project attracts perverted sexual cripples as its main human (?) resource?

There exists no need for me to argue that there have been coverups by this society of child rapists, the Royal Commission is doing this more than adequately.

If every one of the priest class died tomorrow, it would not matter a jot. They are a cancerous carbuncle on the arse of humanity.

This 'Greek islamic Kurd line' is being shared around by neo-nazi and white nationalist blogs, they are pushing it and some of their followers believe it.

Anyone who has read his facebook knows he is off the planet, but he uses far more Christian imagery and identifies as such.

Yep. All 50 or so of them plus you are the only ones giving it oxygen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Islam "is" extreme to its very core.
The so called word of god was passed on to their prophet by a Jewish Angel 'Gibril' or 'Gabriel'.
Why then,do Muslims despise Jews?
Surely there is a conundrum here that is obviously obvious?!
Why is Islam the final and last word of god?
Considering that god is a muslim,their prophet was a misogynist,warmongering peadophile,why should I trust this person?
Why should I accept this heinous belief system?
Why not accept nazism?
Based on the very same principles,it should be easy to allow this political adherence to govern my daily order.
But here I am and I say fucj you Islam and your backward bullshit,I challenge anyone to a war of intellect based on their theology.
As Hitchens said "Islam,don't waste my time,it's bullshit!"

Islam "is" extreme to its very core.
The so called word of god was passed on to their prophet by a Jewish Angel 'Gibril' or 'Gabriel'.
Why then,do Muslims despise Jews?
Surely there is a conundrum here that is obviously obvious?!
Why is Islam the final and last word of god?
Considering that god is a muslim,their prophet was a misogynist,warmongering peadophile,why should I trust this person?
Why should I accept this heinous belief system?
Why not accept nazism?
Based on the very same principles,it should be easy to allow this political adherence to govern my daily order.
But here I am and I say fucj you Islam and your backward bullshit,I challenge anyone to a war of intellect based on their theology.
As Hitchens said "Islam,don't waste my time,it's bullshit!"

Just one question, did he have a track record of paedophilia?
I have noticed that he always get labelled as such. Just interested.

Define "track record"!
I can easily quote quaranic verse if you'd like!
Is this what you truly desire out of your protection of the Muslim women you call friends?

Bukhari 6:298

Call it what you want,but I only see one thing and that is a predator of infant girls.
Look Maggie I like you,unfortunately you are chomping and barking up a tree that only grows in the direction of paedophillia.
Make no mistake,as a father of an adolescent girl,this Surah is the most vile piece of religious writing that currently exists on yours and my "planet".
You know,this little blue beautiful pearl of a sphere that rotates our even more beautiful star.
* allah u akbar
Pervert campaigner of a belief.
I will rail against forever and call it for what it is,DEMENTED WASTE!!

Define "track record"!
I can easily quote quaranic verse if you'd like!
Is this what you truly desire out of your protection of the Muslim women you call friends?
Thing you need to get the bug out and not be too ready to attack!
Was a genuine question, as I only know of him marrying very young girl.
You used a word that implied he was a paedophile.
Have no problem in agreeing with you that when one takes religion word for word especially Islam, it is vile.
And yes I will suppport my Muslim friends who are nothing like you describe!

Bukhari 6:298

Call it what you want,but I only see one thing and that is a predator of infant girls.
Look Maggie I like you,unfortunately you are chomping and barking up a tree that only grows in the direction of paedophillia.
Make no mistake,as a father of an adolescent girl,this Surah is the most vile piece of religious writing that currently exists on yours and my "planet".
You know,this little blue beautiful pearl of a sphere that rotates our even more beautiful star.
**** allah u akbar
Pervert campaigner of a belief.
I will rail against forever and call it for what it is,DEMENTED WASTE!!
I have found your posts very interesting but now you are becoming Hanson like.
Happy to discontinue all discussion with you if that is what you prefer.

Thing you need to get the bug out and not be too ready to attack!
Was a genuine question, as I only know of him marrying very young girl.
You used a word that implied he was a paedophile.
Have no problem in agreeing with you that when one takes religion word for word especially Islam, it is vile.
And yes I will suppport my Muslim friends who are nothing like you describe!

I have found your posts very interesting but now you are becoming Hanson like.
Happy to discontinue all discussion with you if that is what you prefer.
"Hanson like" laugh out loud.
I don't feel you follow my discourse at all.
We are under a world wide attack from all of the worlds religions for the concept of creation versus the basic fact of evolution.
The Abraham munted troglodytes ******* piss me off and their collection of bigoted racist sexist homophobic anti rational thought sentiment needs to be debated at every convenience.

We are under a world wide attack from all of the worlds religions for the concept of creation versus the basic fact of evolution.
The Abraham munted troglodytes ******* piss me off and their collection of bigoted racist sexist homophobic anti rational thought sentiment needs to be debated at every convenience.

Debated? Lol.

Debate has never worked. Violence works.

You made your point when you stated I protect my Muslim women friends.
Not sure I have anything to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back