Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job": HUN

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job HUN

Who knows if it's true with all the crap the Journalists have printed today. However if it is true he should just step down now, horrible behavior from a senior coach. Hope Morton doesn't lose his confidence as a player after that as it's one of his qualities that makes him so good when in form.

Teflon has done a pretty stellar job at killing his own career. Too be honest I was pretty disappointed when I heard he wasn't sacked. There is no way he will be Richmond coach come 2010 so why delay the inevitable? He knows he's gone so why would he want to do what's in the best interests in the club from here on in, he will continue to play older blokes to continue to save what little reputation he has left. Can only tarnish the club further than he already has. If they did sack him then the players demanded for him to stay on that just proves how weak our club is. Players should have nothing to do with off-field situations and coaches contracts and our board should not fold to them. If they don't want to play for Richmond without him then they can go for all I care, not their decision.

LMAO because its true he did cost him his job, actually no he lost his job after the Carlton debarcle but mitch did lose us the match.

So let me get this straight. The HUN are now backing away from the story that Wallace was sacked.

BTW I think Mitch deserved the spray, still can not work out what he was thinking.

it also says...........

Captain Chris Newman and head of football Craig Cameron pledged their commitment to Wallace in front of a massive media pack, insisting there were no plans to remove him this season.

It is not the first time Morton has frustrated coaching staff and teammates

Despite leading the goalkicking after six rounds, it is believed Morton was dropped to Coburg for a week for failing to put the team first. The clash against Port Adelaide was his first game back.
Newman said Wallace had the players' support and the meeting was designed to change elements of the team's on-field approach.

if they didn't support terrys' stance,they'd need to get the **** off their high ****en horses.

Who knows if it's true with all the crap the Journalists have printed today. However if it is true he should just step down now, horrible behavior from a senior coach. Hope Morton doesn't lose his confidence as a player after that as it's one of his qualities that makes him so good when in form.

Well if you were coaching players for the last 5 years who still cannot implement a game plan and don't play as a team yet still show flickers of promise wouldn't you be pretty ****ed off??? That's not to mention having the largest contingent of support staff for player development in the club's history.

Well if you were coaching players for the last 5 years who still cannot implement a plan and don't play as a team yet still show flickers of promise wouldn't you be pretty ****ed off???

Wallet was the clown that oversaw the recruitment of all these players in the first place.

Wallet was the clown that oversaw the recruiting of all these players in the first place.

I see so even though Morton has talent, Terry was also supposed to know the guy is subject to brain fades ........

Wallet was the clown that oversaw the recruiting of all these players in the first place.

I'm disappointed as you are by the way things have worked out but I believe Terry is seriously committed to getting this club back as a powerhouse. As he has said in reference to the draft "You don't always get it right". Until recently, Richmond's recruiting department consisted of only one full time officer. How do think you're going to get the best available talent with that kind of set up?

If any player cant take a rocket from the coach then they should be playing at another club.....The coach should have the right to say what he wants behind closed doors.
Lets face it...that mistake did cost us the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see so even though Morton has talent, Terry was also supposed to know the guy is subject to brain fades ........

Pretty standard procedure to research the players you're recruiting, yes. Actually brain-fades / discipline was the reason he was traded from WC in the first place. He may have cost us the game but for TW to say he cost him his career is just stupid. Maybe he shouldn't have recruited many top-up hacks like Kent Kingsley and Mark Graham.

Sorry Barnzy, but I have to disagree with this, if a coach can't give a player a spray for stuffing up like he did when trying to play the hero then they have no place on an AFL list. They are grown men, not kids and as such should be expected to wear a spray when it comes to things like this. If they can't handle a spray like that then God help them if Malthouse/Williams gets the job next year.

Sorry Barnzy, but I have to disagree with this, if a coach can't give a player a spray for stuffing up like he did when trying to play the hero then they have no place on an AFL list. They are grown men, not kids and as such should be expected to wear a spray when it comes to things like this. If they can't handle a spray like that then God help them if Malthouse/Williams gets the job next year.

I'm 100% with you in the fact that players deserve a spray after a poor performance however saying he cost him his job/career is a big stretch. He did cost us the game and I wouldn't have a problem with a spray expressing that he let the team, himself and the club down by trying to be the hero instead of doing the team thing. Job though? Sounds like Terry is looking for a scapegoat, did enough to kill his own career.

I'm 100% with you in the fact that players deserve a spray after a poor performance however saying he cost him his job/career is a big stretch. He did cost us the game and I wouldn't have a problem with a spray expressing that he let the team, himself and the club down by trying to be the hero instead of doing the team thing. Job though? Sounds like Terry is looking for a scapegoat, did enough to kill his own career.

bit of emotion in there, he'd be at his wits end on how to win a damn game, to come so close...my guess is he earnestly believed if we had of scrounged that win then beat ESS we could be back in the mix??? sadly wasnt to be ...we're well and truly ****ed :eek:

I just hope it is not a case of the players not happy with getting a spray and want to have wind blown up their ass that near enough is good enough because we covered all the major KPI. **** I hate the KPI the only KPI is the scoreboard at the end of the game.

If it is the playing group standing up for a fellow player then that works for me.

I really hope the new coach walks in to the club and clearly lays out what is required and points to the door on whoever is not interested.

i wonder if their is anymore to the story, or if morton even had a reply for Wallace, seems to me at such an emotional time its possible Terrys spray may of started a conflict between the two? considering the apparent attitude problems mitch has..

Might teach him not to be so bloody selfish, if we won that game i would say we would have went on a role. was at the game and saw how hard the boys were working for one another but the team doesnt need selfish players simple.

i feel for wallace, about time the players called for that meeting, start to point some fingers and kick a few blokes up the ass to lift there games.

GO THE TIGERS, I GOT 2 SLABS ON THIS WEEKNDS GAME FIRE UP LOL:p

Might teach him not to be so bloody selfish, if we won that game i would say we would have went on a role. was at the game and saw how hard the boys were working for one another but the team doesnt need selfish players simple.

i feel for wallace, about time the players called for that meeting, start to point some fingers and kick a few blokes up the ass to lift there games.

GO THE TIGERS, I GOT 2 SLABS ON THIS WEEKNDS GAME FIRE UP LOL:p

Wallace: "You've cost me my job". Seems Mitch Morton isn't the only one being selfish...

Terry has nobody to blame but himself for the situation that he and the club are in. Time to cop it on the chin and resign. Take the matter out of the board's hands and do the right thing, this circus has gone on for long enough.

WALLACE..........................deserves to be sacked no question about it.
WALLACE........................wanted a 5 year contract.......he got it
WaLLACE....................sacked & selected the players.....he got it
WALLACE................selected the clowns to assist him.....he got them
WALLACE................is responsible for the game plan we play & impliment
WALLACE..................is responsible for the development of our younger players.

which 1 of the above mentioned is he not responsible for.

HE deserves to be sacked asap because he doesnt have the dignity to leave himself.

Disgraceful effort by Wallace.

5 years of utter failure and he blames one act in one game.

I cant believe he is still at your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back