Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job": HUN

Remove this Banner Ad

Morton never learns, a week after his running around the mark against port, he does almost the same thing and prevented them from getting back into the game. why cant morton just go back and take the shot! his team mates gave him easy goals and he continually sabotages the side.

During Terry Wallace’s segment on SEN yesterday somebody texted in about this incident and to my amazement, Wallace did admit that he actually said it to Morton. I always thought it was an urban myth used to paint the stereotype of how self-serving Wallace was.

When asked about it, Wallace did say he regretted it but was still semi-justifying it. I like Wallace as a media performer from SEN, but that sort of egotism was inexcusable for a coach and probably a good reason why the club went nowhere during his tenure.

During Terry Wallace’s segment on SEN yesterday somebody texted in about this incident and to my amazement, Wallace did admit that he actually said it to Morton. I always thought it was an urban myth used to paint the stereotype of how self-serving Wallace was.

When asked about it, Wallace did say he regretted it but was still semi-justifying it. I like Wallace as a media performer from SEN, but that sort of egotism was inexcusable for a coach and probably a good reason why the club went nowhere during his tenure.
We got the wrong Wallace (keeping in mind I always got the impression his Mantra is "What's in it for Terry"), at the Dogs he had a purpose and a direction to get there. In reality they should have played off in two Grand Finals. I thought his egotism would be a reason why the Club would succeed under him. Year one at 7-2 and N. Brown of the way to a Brownlow things looked good...... then *'en Wheelan. Wallace chopped and changed too much at Richmond and didn't cut hard enough early days for the rebuild. That being said, there is no doubt he knows a bit about the game.

P.S. Nice bump.

Many at the club were out to get Wallace from day one for the simple reason he wasn't Sheedy and that fantasy was still lingering. He had abysmal 'support' from the board and particularly Gary March.

We lost most of our better players to injury season after season and our list was far too threadbare to cope, but March expected finals from Wallace with the same list he allowed Hardwick to trade and cut to the bone the very next season.

I don't think there's any excuse for what he said to Morton, but I also think that the constant politically motivated leaking, backstabbing, undermining and complete lack of resources Wallace put up with would have broken most coaches way back in 2006/7.

Sooner or later everyone will snap in that kind of toxic environment and a player big on ego and short on delivery makes for a tempting target.

I think it's very obvious we owe a big debt of gratitude to Wallace for demanding we reset our list management back to sanity for the first time since the inception of the draft, for the senior players we inherited, for the vastly improved financial position (bums on seats to watch entertaing games), for the vastly improved professionalism, and perhaps most of all, for letting Richmond get on with a future without having our faces rubbed in the fact that we were an undeniably rotten club to work for during that era.

Many at the club were out to get Wallace from day one for the simple reason he wasn't Sheedy and that fantasy was still lingering. He had abysmal 'support' from the board and particularly Gary March.

We lost most of our better players to injury season after season and our list was far too threadbare to cope, but March expected finals from Wallace with the same list he allowed Hardwick to trade and cut to the bone the very next season.

I don't think there's any excuse for what he said to Morton, but I also think that the constant politically motivated leaking, backstabbing, undermining and complete lack of resources Wallace put up with would have broken most coaches way back in 2006/7.

Sooner or later everyone will snap in that kind of toxic environment and a player big on ego and short on delivery makes for a tempting target.

I think it's very obvious we owe a big debt of gratitude to Wallace for demanding we reset our list management back to sanity for the first time since the inception of the draft, for the senior players we inherited, for the vastly improved financial position (bums on seats to watch entertaing games), for the vastly improved professionalism, and perhaps most of all, for letting Richmond get on with a future without having our faces rubbed in the fact that we were an undeniably rotten club to work for during that era.
He was a s**t coach bud, get over it, you're either Wallace himself or a family member or something because you haven't stopped banging on about how great Wallace was since 2010.

BTW you going to the game Saturday?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Regrets are unnatural and self hate. Why force Wallace into this mental abomination, this psychological scurge? Revenge? Regrets and revenge are first cousins always seeking a family reunion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never knew about this. I was overseas for the whole 2009 season so missed a lot of this.

That's a disgraceful thing for Terry to say, and I'm not a big fan of Mitch's. Take some ownership over your own performance. It's also so naive to think maybe winning one more game would save him.

He was a s**t coach bud, get over it, you're either Wallace himself or a family member or something because you haven't stopped banging on about how great Wallace was since 2010.

BTW you going to the game Saturday?

I could either eat you alive and create a giant s**t-fest for the mods to clean up at a time when I'm sure it's the last thing they wanna see, or simply express my sympathy that on the eve of us playing in a preliminary final, this kind of garbage is what you choose to contribute to a board chock-full of happiness and Tiger pride.

I've been waiting longer than you've been alive to celebrate everything Richmond in September, so I 'm just gonna wish you a great weekend, bud, dude...or whatever Americanism you identify best with. :thumbsu:

Absolutely, Liv, it's disgraceful, you should raise McMahon's comparitive value across the eras on the Yarran thread...while you endorse and expand on your theory that the coach should hang for recruiting failures. ;)

You pumped him up Rayzor.
"we owe a big debt of gratitude to Wallace for demanding we reset our list managementback to sanity"
And his legacy is Jordy, that hack from Hawthorn and many other jokes.

I don't necessarily think the coach should hang for trades, but your comment on the Wallace legacy is a little disingenuous. In fact ******* ridiculous.

Every time I read this thread title, I imagine Wallet's tanned body rolling over in charcoal grey silk sheets, caressing Mitch Morton's cheek and whispering, "You cost me my job, hun".

Just me?

You pumped him up Rayzor.
"we owe a big debt of gratitude to Wallace for demanding we reset our list managementback to sanity"
And his legacy is Jordy, that hack from Hawthorn and many other jokes.

I don't necessarily think the coach should hang for trades, but your comment on the Wallace legacy is a little disingenuous. In fact ******* ridiculous.

You don't necessarily think the coach should hang for trades, only when it suits your very clear and obvious bias? ;)

I barrack for the club and all the good football people it attracts. Simple as that.

Wallace had already been voted coach of the year before he came to us. Pick a legend coach of the modern era and from Matthews to Malthouse, they all respect him as elite because they all got repeatedly beaten by him coaching a considerably worse list of players.

When I watch a coach take us from the absolutely gut-wrenching to watch, nightmare horrors of 2004 straight to the hope and optimism of 2005, on through to the hope and optimism which was still up for grabs even in his last and most obviously impossible year to seek success, it's honestly beyond my comprehension why anyone would want to endlessly choose to disrespect that.

I can only put it down to very short and selective memories. ;)

You don't necessarily think the coach should hang for trades, only when it suits your very clear and obvious bias? ;)

I barrack for the club and all the good football people it attracts. Simple as that.

Wallace had already been voted coach of the year before he came to us. Pick a legend coach of the modern era and from Matthews to Malthouse, they all respect him as elite because they all got repeatedly beaten by him coaching a considerably worse list of players.

When I watch a coach take us from the absolutely gut-wrenching to watch, nightmare horrors of 2004 straight to the hope and optimism of 2005, on through to the hope and optimism which was still up for grabs even in his last and most obviously impossible year to seek success, it's honestly beyond my comprehension why anyone would want to endlessly choose to disrespect that.

I can only put it down to very short and selective memories. ;)

Put it down to a difference of opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back