Test Cricket Draft - Ordinary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll take former Bangladesh captain and a potential contender to lead this group, Habibul Bashar.
Average of 30.87 with the stick, with a Joe Root like conversion of 50s to 100s, with 3 centuries and 24 50’s
11kgm

3. Bashar
5. Bairstow (+)
8. Sammy
10. Lakmal
11. Price

I think it's me. I'm in a meeting and don't want to hold everyone up so will grab Neil Johnson (Zim) and enter his stats asap.

Can someone please tag whoever is next...
think cricketnut14

gimme a few mins guys ...

i thought Neil Johnson was gonna sneak thru.

into my stables comes Ravi Ratnayeke (JR Ratnayeke) - (SL)

i'll sit on my wicketkeeper until late now, especially since everyone has a keeper except me :)

Last edited:

i'll sit on my wicketkeeper until late now, especially since everyone has a keeper except me :)

Haha, I pinch one off you, you pinch one off me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two haha

Alright, I really could do with a leader of my pace attack. I want someone fast. Accuracy is over-rated. How about the guy who finished India off in the '99 World Cup? First black Zimbabwean Test player, and contestant on The Voice Australia, his position made his decision to wear a black armband with Zimbabwean great Andy Flower all the more important. His economy rate of 3.49 is one of the worst in Test history, but he still managed a bowling average of 38.5 so at least he landed it on the pitch. Welcome to my team, Henry Olonga.

56 tests in the top order for three centuries and an average of a tick over 27? And two wins from 18 tests in charge? Sounds like my kind of captain.

Ken Rutherford.

Me again.

A man so committed to mediocrity that 31 tests as a spinning all-rounder with just 3 5-wicket hauls (69 wickets at almost 43) and three fifties (batting average less than 20) just wasn't enough. No, no, no - he needed to make us think "if this guy is on the elite umpiring panel, how bad must the others be?"

The D in DRS is named for my next pick:

Kumar Dharmasena.

Back to The Speaker I believe.

EDIT:

1. Grant Flower (Zim)
2. Javed Omar (Bang)
3. Ken Rutherford (NZ)
6. Mitch Marsh (Aus)
7. Geraint Jones (Eng)
8. Kumar Dharmasena (SL)

Last edited:
Alright, I need to start thinking about captaincy as well, and I also really need to start working on my middle order, which is currently blank. One of the great captains of the modern era, Hansie Cronje, was involved in fixing, so therefore I need to look for another captain who was also involved in it. How about the guy who scored 100 against Australia to cause a massive upset? The guy who averaged 20 more against Sri Lanka than anyone else because he was so good at spin but so not-good against everything else? I am talking about Bangladesh's most unfulfilled potential ever, Mohammad Ashraful. He will slot in at number 5, and also bowls some useful leg-spin, like the ball that double-bounced to get AB de Villiers out lbw once (no longer on YouTube sadly).

1. TJ Franklin (New Zealand)
2. GJ Bonnor (Australia)
5. M Ashraful (c) (Bangladesh)
8. AF Giles (England)
9. AE Dick (wk) (New Zealand)
11. HK Olonga (Zimbabwe)

cricketnut14

Alright, I need to start thinking about captaincy as well, and I also really need to start working on my middle order, which is currently blank. One of the great captains of the modern era, Hansie Cronje, was involved in fixing, so therefore I need to look for another captain who was also involved in it. How about the guy who scored 100 against Australia to cause a massive upset? The guy who averaged 20 more against Sri Lanka than anyone else because he was so good at spin but so not-good against everything else? I am talking about Bangladesh's most unfulfilled potential ever, Mohammad Ashraful.
good pick, was between him and Bashar for me with my last pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back