Test Cricket Draft - Ordinary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Rightio, I'll choose everyone's favourite Papua New Guinean/Welsh English wicketkeeper (and I use the term "wicketkeeper" in as loose a fashion as he kept wickets....) Come on down, Geraint Jones.

Next up *checks notes* is big_e

Thanks, big_e

Time for some all-rounders, and I don't want just any all-rounder. I've found a bowling all-rounder with a bowling average of 38.64, and a batting all-rounder with a batting average of 25.2.

It's the all-rounder that threads like this are made for: Mitchell Ross Marsh.

1. Grant Flower
2. Javed Omar
6. Mitch Marsh
7. Geraint Jones

The Speaker - you're up

I still think it was harsh. 16 over a decade plus career isn’t many.

39 @ 39 would make Border seem like an all-rounder. I wouldn’t even class either of the Waugh brothers as all rounders and they have iirc 160 ish wickets between them.

I think my point is perception should trump stats. Perception matters for wicketkeepers as we have to deem them to be ‘poor’ with the gloves.

My perception of Masakadza was always that he was a batting all-rounder. I think he bowled less as he got older.

Thanks, big_e

Time for some all-rounders, and I don't want just any all-rounder. I've found a bowling all-rounder with a bowling average of 38.64, and a batting all-rounder with a batting average of 25.2.

1. Grant Flower
2. Javed Omar
6. Mitch Marsh
7. Geraint Jones

The Speaker - you're up

I was sure Art Vandelay_ was going to pick him first up. Two great picks there.

Alright, now that I've picked an absolute wall as my first opener, I need a real cavalier as his partner. I also want an Australian. There was one batsman from the very, very early days that I considered, but I think his average doesn't tell you how good he really was, and therefore he's not suitable for my team. Instead, I'm going with a guy who would today be considered as not being a proper Test player. At all. Everyone would be saying he should only play T20 cricket. Better still, he got thrown around the order in his playing days, so you could even argue that he's not even a proper opener - but he did open, and that's all that matters to me. Known for his absurd strength, and with a batting average of 17.06, my fourth pick is George Bonnor.

1. TJ Franklin (New Zealand)
2. GJ Bonnor (Australia)
8. AF Giles (England)
9. AE Dick (New Zealand)

cricketnut14

Alright, now that I've picked an absolute wall as my first opener, I need a real cavalier as his partner. I also want an Australian. There was one batsman from the very, very early days that I considered, but I think his average doesn't tell you how good he really was, and therefore he's not suitable for my team. Instead, I'm going with a guy who would today be considered as not being a proper Test player. At all. Everyone would be saying he should only play T20 cricket. Better still, he got thrown around the order in his playing days, so you could even argue that he's not even a proper opener - but he did open, and that's all that matters to me. Known for his absurd strength, and with a batting average of 17.06, my fourth pick is George Bonnor.

2. GJ Bonnor (Australia)
8. AF Giles (England)
9. AE Dick (New Zealand)

cricketnut14
his strike rate was 600 wtf surely Google is broken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. GJ Bonnor (Australia)
8. AF Giles (England)
9. AE Dick (New Zealand)

cricketnut14

awesome selection, just looked him up.

batted in every spot down to 8 and got his only test ton batting @ 8.

Rightio, I'll choose everyone's favourite Papua New Guinean/Welsh English wicketkeeper (and I use the term "wicketkeeper" in as loose a fashion as he kept wickets....) Come on down, Geraint Jones.

Next up *checks notes* is big_e
oh * you, he was going to slot in nicely to my side
Thanks, big_e

1. Grant Flower
2. Javed Omar
6. Mitch Marsh
7. Geraint Jones

The Speaker - you're up
if the whole family doesn’t get taken in this, someone’s ****ed up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back