Test cricket is dying, let's help save it

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
You have provided nothing.

I’ve provided numerous examples of how playing the best sides has helped low teams compete better.

You’ve provided nothing.

‘Because I said so’ holds no weight.
I didn't say it did. I said I've already provided the evidence I'm comfortable with to support my statements. Clearly I have done this and you've disregarded it like everything else here you discard that doesn't confirm your bias.

Sportal, Colo. Same old phat getting into circular logic spats. You need to chill bro. You come across as very narrow minded and angry. If you need someone to talk to just PM me. I can help

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't say it did. I said I've already provided the evidence I'm comfortable with to support my statements. Clearly I have done this and you've disregarded it like everything else here you discard that doesn't confirm your bias.

Sportal, Colo. Same old phat getting into circular logic spats. You need to chill bro. You come across as very narrow minded and angry. If you need someone to talk to just PM me. I can help

What does that even mean.

Last time. Answer the question: how will 3 teams stuck playing each other with one rotating alternative coming in, help test cricket? I’m not talking about helping test cricket for the fans of those 3 sides. I’m talking about the game.
Answer the question.

Last time. Answer the question: how will 3 teams stuck playing each other with one rotating alternative coming in, help test cricket? I’m not talking about helping test cricket for the fans of those 3 sides. I’m talking about the game.
Answer the question.

Would just be a watered down EPL which is woeful where they have the top 3 sides winning every year

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m enjoying seeing the West Indies finally learning how to win by beating sides like Afghanistan and Ireland in one day cricket. The real learning and improvement has come from playing series against India, however.

The West Indies have been indulged for 20 years now during their decline. Now that they've finally learned how to win by beating two minnows is not good enough to see them indulged for another 20.

You let emotion cloud your view. I have a soft spot for us obviously but if Australia fell into the second tier because of terrible results I wouldn't care. Could have easily happened too if we were on a tiered system over the last two years

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Answer the question.
Tests would be competitive, well watched and meaningful. Imagine what sort of change that would make to the game itself

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
The West Indies have been indulged for 20 years now during their decline. Now that they've finally learned how to win by beating two minnows is not good enough to see them indulged for another 20.

You let emotion cloud your view. I have a soft spot for us obviously but if Australia fell into the second tier because of terrible results I wouldn't care. Could have easily happened too if we were on a tiered system over the last two years

I’ve let nothing cloud my view. I’ve been following the sport globally for 25 years. You let this stupid ‘he goes for so and so therefore his view is biased’ garbage cloud yours.

The point I made literally has absolutely nothing to do with who I go for. I could have said the same for bangladesh, Sri Lanka going back to the early 90s, anyone.

You can learn from playing other ordinary sides. You improve from playing good ones.

Do you think Geelong of 07-11 got good by making Richmond their bitch for 20 years?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Tests would be competitive, well watched and meaningful. Imagine what sort of change that would make to the game itself

Why would they be meaningful when everything achieved by the lower ranked sides would be achieved against other lower ranked sides? It’s like saying finishing 12th in the epl is meaningful because a side scraped together wins and draws against the newly promoted championship sides

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Abuse?

Lol. Disagreement is not abuse.
And it’s 13, by the way.
You called me thick before because I didn't gag over your comments. You often swear and fill threads full of essays of waffle. Ive requested you to calm down multiple times but you don't.

You did the same in Colo and sportal and you're doing it again now. Just give it a break and listen to the mods

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You called me thick before because I didn't gag over your comments. You often swear and fill threads full of essays of waffle. Ive requested you to calm down multiple times but you don't.

You did the same in Colo and sportal and you're doing it again now. Just give it a break and listen to the mods

Sorry but I asked you if you were thick.

If you don’t want to read an essay, don’t read it. Ignore it, whatever. It’s a forum, not an SMS chat group.

Calm down? Mate I’m discussing cricket. I’ve used probably 3 blanked out expletives and simply asked for a coherent, exampled explanation.

If that upsets you, apologies, but don’t turn it into something it isn’t.

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry but I asked you if you were thick.

If you don’t want to read an essay, don’t read it. Ignore it, whatever. It’s a forum, not an SMS chat group.

Calm down? Mate I’m discussing cricket. I’ve used probably 3 blanked out expletives and simply asked for a coherent, exampled explanation.

If that upsets you, apologies, but don’t turn it into something it isn’t.
It doesn't upset me it's just a sure fire way to turn people off. I generally don't like to ignore someone if I can help it because it like to hear people out and sometimes we can actually influence each others point of view for the better when a consensus is reached.

With you I feel like you have a confirmation bias that allows you to see your viewpoint and nothing else. Everything is aggressive and the replies are essay like. You are known as this forums Gunnar Longshanks sorry to have to be the one to tell you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It doesn't upset me it's just a sure fire way to turn people off. I generally don't like to ignore someone if I can help it because it like to hear people out and sometimes we can actually influence each others point of view for the better when a consensus is reached.

With you I feel like you have a confirmation bias that allows you to see your viewpoint and nothing else. Everything is aggressive and the replies are essay like. You are known as this forums Gunnar Longshanks sorry to have to be the one to tell you

Thanks for the apology, it may help dry my tears.....

Using your modus operandi I could just write off everything you say because you’re an Australian fan and theoretically your idea would maybe benefit Australia to some extent. But I haven’t, because I know it’s not your allegiance that is driving your view.

I don’t get why you can’t extend the same common courtesy to someone who disagtees

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks for the apology, it may help dry my tears.....

Using your modus operandi I could just write off everything you say because you’re an Australian fan and theoretically your idea would maybe benefit Australia to some extent. But I haven’t, because I know it’s not your allegiance that is driving your view.

I don’t get why you can’t extend the same common courtesy to someone who disagtees
You don't disagree with others though. You ram your opinions down their throats in an aggressive OCD type way. Now you just have to preface your essays with "fellas" and the comparison will be complete.

You assume alot about me too. I have nothing against the West Indies or any proposed tier 2 team just because I support us nor any other ulterior motive

I'd love to see teams go full Leicester City and teach the top from the bottom

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You don't disagree with others though. You ram your opinions down their throats in an aggressive OCD type way. Now you just have to preface your essays with "fellas" and the comparison will be complete.

You assume alot about me too. I have nothing against the West Indies or any proposed tier 2 team just because I support us nor any other ulterior motive

I'd love to see teams go full Leicester City and teach the top from the bottom

That’s exactly my point. Bloody hell.

I literally just TOLD you I know it’s not your allegiance that drives your view and never once suggested you have anything against the other sides. Because I’m smart enough to understand that bias and an argument that may benefit that bias are not married.

And yes, in a proposed tier system any normal fan would like to see a team go from shythouse to penthouse but it simply won’t happen

Teams learn more from playing the best too. I use Pakistan for instance- imagine how much those teenage quicks would have learnt? But no....let’s stop that and have tiers! Dumb!

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Teams learn more from playing the best too. I use Pakistan for instance- imagine how much those teenage quicks would have learnt? But no....let’s stop that and have tiers! Dumb!

Exactly.
Afghanistan would have taken more from getting beaten at the World Cup than they’d have taken from winning the qualifying tournament.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Promotion-Relegation would be a great way to sap more interest from Test cricket. It works in soccer, in some countries, because there's a surplus of teams with an existing fan base. And, pertinent to this thread, a financial imbalance almost always preventing the biggest teams getting relegated.

There's only 12 ******* teams anyway.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Afghanistan would have taken more from getting beaten at the World Cup than they’d have taken from winning the qualifying tournament.

Rashid Khan said that in an interview actually. They learnt so much from the WC despite the results.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Promotion-Relegation would be a great way to sap more interest from Test cricket. It works in soccer, in some countries, because there's a surplus of teams with an existing fan base. And, pertinent to this thread, a financial imbalance almost always preventing the biggest teams getting relegated.

There's only 12 ******* teams anyway.

Plus there’s the time factor. Fans of a side can turn up and watch their team play a mediocre opponent and even if it’s a s**t game, it’s over in 2 hours, the party is as important as the game, and there’s the promise of a match, albeit a probable defeat, against one of the super clubs every 4-5 weeks.

How many fans of a battling cricket team are going to show up for 2-3 7 hour days to watch their team play ANOTHER struggling side for the 8th series in a row

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Plus there’s the time factor. Fans of a side can turn up and watch their team play a mediocre opponent and even if it’s a s**t game, it’s over in 2 hours, the party is as important as the game, and there’s the promise of a match, albeit a probable defeat, against one of the super clubs every 4-5 weeks.

How many fans of a battling cricket team are going to show up for 2-3 7 hour days to watch their team play ANOTHER struggling side for the 8th series in a row
It pretty much already happens now as most crap teams play each other more often with zero interest as there is nothing at stake. Perhaps the WTC might change things who knows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back