Test Series V The West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell was Ryan Harris doing at first slip? :eek:

Did he get lost there on the way down to 3rd man or something?

Nearly dropped a bit of a sitter there for our first wicket of the innings!

Punter was off the field and Harris fields at 1st slip for Queensland(shield final). Cowan has fielded there as well so he could have done it I guess. A bit surprising Watto didn't go to 1st and Harro the third though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty shaky innings from Cowan. Needs a fifty to his name from here though, or his careers in real trouble.

Having a bit of a closer look at old mate Shillingford - he's another one of these "slightly dodgy, bowl with the back of my hand facing the batsman type bowler" .

Jeez there's a few of these blokes about - and it's not their fault, the rules say it's all OK.

I'll be a little sad the day one of these types gets a gig with the Australian XI. Even the POMS have resisted this so far and I really think it's a problem. A lot of these blokes wouldn't have got through U16's here without being called, but Shillingford's far from the worst.

What do you lot think?

What do you lot think?

I think that what many of us feared has come to pass, murali was cleared for political reasons and now the floodgates are open.

We don't have any real power in the cricket world anymore so all we can do is accept that chucking is now part of the game and teach our offies to throw the ball, it's either that or we get left behind while fighting a cause nobody with any real power gives two shits about.

Horrid wickets all round. Only batsman to consistently do any good this series is Chanderpaul.

Heard Peter Siddle interviewed yesterday. He was looking forward to bowling at Barbados as he heard it was the home of fast bowling. We he got there he saw something entirely different.

Having a bit of a closer look at old mate Shillingford - he's another one of these "slightly dodgy, bowl with the back of my hand facing the batsman type bowler" .

Jeez there's a few of these blokes about - and it's not their fault, the rules say it's all OK.

I'll be a little sad the day one of these types gets a gig with the Australian XI. Even the POMS have resisted this so far and I really think it's a problem. A lot of these blokes wouldn't have got through U16's here without being called, but Shillingford's far from the worst.

What do you lot think?

When you bowl with such a scrambled seam, you're doing something different to legitimate off-spin bowling to turn it that much. If you see how Lyon presents the seam, it's obvious why he's getting it to turn.

Try bowling a normal action with a scrambled seam, it won't do as much as a perfect seam. Then again - the pitch could just be a raging turner that doesn't really care how you get the ball down there. Any spin will turn. Which might be the case, seeing as even Hilfy's slower ball 'off-cutter' was gripping.

Don't need any more but hopefully we can get 50 odd. Get our bowlers tails up.

Ian Healy on sen in about 30 mins, should be good listening to how Wade is a good future player but Haddin is still the number 1 man for the job(I'm aware how much that sounds like what Clarke said).

Edit. Yes Starc!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back