Preview Tex and 300 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Tex get to 300 games, 700 goals and a flag

If there's one guy I have no problem carrying to 300 is Tex.

He 100% deserves it and doesn't get anywhere near the credit that he should.

I have a problem with carrying anyone to milestones by selecting them for games they haven’t earned with current performance. Tex is no exception. We lost 2 games because we put selection and role of a favourite son ahead of the best chances of the 22 winning games. There is no milestone that warrants the selection of a single player being placed ahead of the best chance of ultimate team success.

As long as Tex is selected because he improves the 22s likelihood of success, then he deserves 300.

Gee just looked at the games played and Tex is sitting on 260 ., I know whilst he is performing well it stops our development somewhat but if he has a good year again and plays on in 2025 that magic # 300 will appear.
Couldn’t think of a more deserving guy for that honour .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I believe the opposite. His presence and performance is affording Fog and TT the time to develop without needing to be the #1 target.

As far as the intent of the thread goes, like everyone else I’m gonna be stoked for him when he gets there.

Hopefully no matter what happens, he doesn't make a selfish decision and push just for the milestone and to retire on 300.

You're better than Kornes and Wanganeen.

Hopefully no matter what happens, he doesn't make a selfish decision and push just for the milestone and to retire on 300.

You're better than Kornes and Wanganeen.
Tex doesn't come across as the selfish type.

Think he is just enjoying 1 year at a time as he didn't genuinely expect to still be playing... at an elite level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see him get there but he needs to be playing well and not just being gifted however as his playing days come to an end if the club gifted him a couple of game that I feel would be acceptable but not half a season. His value doesnt have to be measured in goals alone, his on-field leadership would also need to be taken into consideration.

I think every Crow supporter would love to see Tex get to 300 games.

Would love to see him get there but he needs to be playing well and not just being gifted however as his playing days come to an end if the club gifted him a couple of game that I feel would be acceptable but not half a season. His value doesnt have to be measured in goals alone, his on-field leadership would also need to be taken into consideration.

I think every Crow supporter would love to see Tex get to 300 games.

It is just about managing him with a couple of breaks during the season. I’d give him a rest when we play North in Hobart in R7 and we get a bye in R15 and then the weeks bye before finals (assume we play in them). That is evenly spaced breaks over the season.

Stays healthy and doesn't do anything particularly stupid, and I reckon he brings up the 300.

He's smart enough to be able to find a way to survive even when we pull the trigger and give the forward line to Thilthorpe.

The thing that amazes me about Tex isn’t just his goal scoring feats, but his ability to play on past 30 from several serious injuries. Particularly in 2018 with his recurring plantar fasciitis and some hamstring issues, for a big bloke to come back and play like a rejuvenated 25-year old, it shows credit to his passion for the game and willingness to work hard in recovery.

So seeing him play the way he is, 300 games is very gettable. Hoping he can average around 50 goals per season, which will likely ensure another extra year of contract.

Just checking... he's on 260. If he plays 2 more seasons, 23 games per year, plus possibly finals, less rests... right on the margin for 300 I guess. Hope he makes it, and on form, not charity.

Maybe #300 will be the 2025 GF :)

Just checking... he's on 260. If he plays 2 more seasons, 23 games per year, plus possibly finals, less rests... right on the margin for 300 I guess. Hope he makes it, and on form, not charity.

Maybe #300 will be the 2025 GF :)

It won't happen but if it did I'd love him to absolutely give it to the Vic media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back