Tex granted personal leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievably sad :(

And to happen twice to our two leaders in a short space of time. Hard to comprehend.

There have been lots of other Crow babies born in the last 12 months and those proud new parents would normally be gushing about them, photos, stories, first step, first word, parading them around the club, the excitement of being a new parent. "Helps to put football in perspective" and all that.

I bet they aren't outwardly revelling in it though. Almost guiltily treading on egg shells.

How could it be anything but a sombre place at the moment.

Given what the club has been through previously you know we've got the character to get through it and come out the other side. But sheesh

Sorry to intrude. Incredibly sad and sorry to hear it to hear this : (
Deepest condolences to and sending my love to Tex, Ellie and the broader Crows' family
Such rough luck for your club after what Rory/Belinda Sloane went through too :(

As an aside, it hits close to home on a personal level too because a close family friend (who shares my uncommon name, and whose parents have known mine since before we were born) and her husband lost their baby unexpectedly at term earlier this year :( .

Awful news and so soon after Rory and Belinda. Thoughts are with Tex and Ellie.

Hope the club provides them with the help and support they'll both need.

Unbelievably sad :(

And to happen twice to our two leaders in a short space of time. Hard to comprehend.

There have been lots of other Crow babies born in the last 12 months and those proud new parents would normally be gushing about them, photos, stories, first step, first word, parading them around the club, the excitement of being a new parent. "Helps to put football in perspective" and all that.

I bet they aren't outwardly revelling in it though. Almost guiltily treading on egg shells.

How could it be anything but a sombre place at the moment.

Given what the club has been through previously you know we've got the character to get through it and come out the other side. But sheesh

Feels like we’re cursed :(

But doesn’t this and little Leo’s loss put football into perspective?

Yep. It's why I have such mixed feelings over the 2017 GF - had a group of family and friends at my place drinking beers, talking s**t, etc. It ended up being the last time I saw my brother alive.

He loves it.

Just like me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I like it too, when loaded with garlic and soy sauce in a stir fry. Plain broccoli is nearly the worst thing ever, behind cauliflower

I like it too, when loaded with garlic and soy sauce in a stir fry. Plain broccoli is nearly the worst thing ever, behind cauliflower
Brussels sprouts for the win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's really s**t news. This has been a terrible year for the Crows on the field, then to have both our captain and vice-captain lose babies is just really sad.

I've been there before and, even though I have 3 healthy kids now, you always have moments where you wonder what that child would have been like.

Condolences to Tex and Ellie. Like others I too have been through this traumatic experience 22 years ago. The only good to come out of it was it brought my missus and I so much closer together. We are now not only Married but best friends too, and also have 2 healthy teenagers. Thoughts are with you both and I hope you come through this stronger and even more united than ever. I will never forget our little man Alex..RIP

Sorry to intrude. Incredibly sad and sorry to hear it to hear this : (
Deepest condolences to and sending my love to Tex, Ellie and the broader Crows' family
Such rough luck for your club after what Rory/Belinda Sloane went through too :(

As an aside, it hits close to home on a personal level too because a close family friend (who shares my uncommon name, and whose parents have known mine since before we were born) and her husband lost their baby unexpectedly at term earlier this year :( .

Thank you for this

I feel for her in this. Walker has carried this club since 2015 and been through hell. He has had to lead young men in ways few are needed to. Hes wore his heart on his sleeve and this club owes him. He has given way more than any man could be expected. He could never of done that without an amazing woman in his life. She's his rock and personally seen and experienced just what it has done to him. Taylor has been targeted by the Victorian press simply because of how good a leader and a man he is. This would hurt his partner in ways we men could never understand

Now she gets this

On another note. It needs to be acknowledged how the football world recognise men's feelings and the old ways of suppressing them and not talking about them are going. And so to the internal impact that( suppressing grief because of your gender) has on men and thier families and the community around them.

With death there is always life

I know what it feels like to miscarry at five weeks. I don't even want to imagine the heartbreak being five months in.

So sorry Ellie and Tex x

We lost one at 7 weeks which was heart wrenching enough too. Far too early to have purchased strollers or cribs but the organisation had already started, and you've already visualised the future with the little one and thought about names, when their birthday falls, etc. I can't imagine getting as far along as the Walkers and Sloanes and having it ripped away.

Man this sucks so much. Condolences to the Walker family.

Sometimes I honestly think this club is cursed.

I’m going to call it all random coincidences as I don’t go in for religion, superstition, witchcraft, voodoo or anything like that.

However I’m plenty glad to see the arse end of 2018 all the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back