Scandal Tex on the piss?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah good one mate, how long did it take you to come up with that 10 year old joke? Juddy got heavily hooked on illicit drugs during 2006/07 did he? Or were you referring to Darren Glass?

You're acting like your mob is literally the only group to ever go through a hardship in the eyes of the media, and thus any actions taken by Tex walker are entirely above scrutiny. It's truly preposterous. Having a captain subject to an internal review is objectively strange and should rightly raise a few eyebrows. Footballers shouldn't be expected to be perfect individuals, as I've already said, but when the guy who's supposed to be setting an example starts acting out of line you shouldn't scream at other people for being a bit confused.

So I assume you were on here berating the West Coast players and leadership when it was going awry, or is your outrage only reserved for other teams?
And it's not a ten year old joke, it's a joke that continues to play out.

Not that odd when you consider how under the pump he has been from every journo in the country for all of the year.
The focus on him has been utterly ridiculous and no doubt the pressure got to him after the relentless almost daily attacks.

He is under the pump because of his actions and public statements, it's not some Vicco vendetta.

So I assume you were on here berating the West Coast players and leadership when it was going awry, or is your outrage only reserved for other teams?
And it's not a ten year old joke, it's a joke that continues to play out.

I joined the forum in 2009, I was quite young when it happened but I was pretty disgusted with the club and came close to not supporting them. Maybe don't make assumptions about people you don't know.

It kind of is though, you're making a joke about a few players that have either retired or been delisted many years ago. Kind of lazy banter tbh, but your intention was quite clearly not simply to joke about it, you're using it to deflect. I responded to the thread's topic (Tex Walker, your captain, breaking team standards, just in case you have forgotten) and your past two responses have all been about West Coast's dramas in 2007. It was a nice try, but i'm not fooled that easily.

I joined the forum in 2009, I was quite young when it happened but I was pretty disgusted with the club and came close to not supporting them. Maybe don't make assumptions about people you don't know.

It kind of is though, you're making a joke about a few players that have either retired or been delisted many years ago. Kind of lazy banter tbh, but your intention was quite clearly not simply to joke about it, you're using it to deflect. I responded to the thread's topic (Tex Walker, your captain, breaking team standards, just in case you have forgotten) and your past two responses have all been about West Coast's dramas in 2007. It was a nice try, but i'm not fooled that easily.

I should have read your 'Other Teams' part on your avi. Sums it up. And FWIW it's not a deflection, it's a comparison. Tex's great crime has been to get annoyed at team mates who decided to leave, trying a few different tactics and having a couple of beers when he felt the pressure. Of course the media didn't put a lot of focus on the leadership he provided to the team when Phil Walsh was murdered, a man who saw a reason to give Tex the captaincy. Oh and don't make assumptions about what you think my intentions are.

Arrogance-is-the-camouflage-of-insecurity.-Tim-Fargo.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous statement, Ablett was front page news. And pathetic to bring that up because I happen to support Geelong; this is a legitimate discussion on the captain of your club and his very ordinary year.

Front page once. Not relentlessly mentioned every single day since October last year. A legitimate discussion that doesn't cater for context or allow for comparison? That sort of discussion. Do you agree with every post when there's a thread about your captain's borderline cheating actions to draw free kicks? Or do you defend him?

Front page once. Not relentlessly mentioned every single day since October last year. A legitimate discussion that doesn't cater for context or allow for comparison? That sort of discussion. Do you agree with every post when there's a thread about your captain's borderline cheating actions to draw free kicks? Or do you defend him?

Ablett was on the front page once now was he? It's a ridiculous comparison for many reasons and you got called on it rightly. But yeah nothing compared to what poor Tex has copped :rolleyes:

As for Joel, I don't care what others think about his tactics, each to their own.

Ablett was on the front page once now was he? It's a ridiculous comparison for many reasons and you got called on it rightly. But yeah nothing compared to what poor Tex has copped :rolleyes:

As for Joel, I don't care what others think about his tactics, each to their own.

It's not a ridiculous comparison at all. Ablett Sr wasn't relentlessly talked about day in day out (partially because social media was less prevalent admittedly).
Walker has been hounded all year for a few minor things, whereas less attention has been paid to illicit drug use etc etc. It is disproportionate in the extreme.

It's not a ridiculous comparison at all. Ablett Sr wasn't relentlessly talked about day in day out (partially because social media was less prevalent admittedly).
Walker has been hounded all year for a few minor things, whereas less attention has been paid to illicit drug use etc etc. It is disproportionate in the extreme.

So Tex is fine, it's all the evil media's fault?

I should have read your 'Other Teams' part on your avi. Sums it up. And FWIW it's not a deflection, it's a comparison. Tex's great crime has been to get annoyed at team mates who decided to leave, trying a few different tactics and having a couple of beers when he felt the pressure. Of course the media didn't put a lot of focus on the leadership he provided to the team when Phil Walsh was murdered, a man who saw a reason to give Tex the captaincy. Oh and don't make assumptions about what you think my intentions are.

Arrogance-is-the-camouflage-of-insecurity.-Tim-Fargo.png

haha you like it hey? ;) it's definitely a legitimate team and not a joke made at the expense of posters like you

It is a deflection when we can't even discuss the topic of the thread without you divulging into a separate issue that occurred a decade ago. I'd like to remind you that all my initial post said was that it was odd to have a captain, the head of the leadership group, subject to internal review. That's it. I didn't go on some tirade about how Tex is the worst human alive, my exact words were:

having the captain breach team standards and be subject to an internal review is indeed odd

Didn't say that, I said the outrage over every single little aspect of anything he does is disproportionate.

The media feeds on things like this, if he pulled his head in and acted like a captain of a proud club there would be nothing to write about. So we have the Lever thing, then the stay staunch boys thing about the camp now subject to internal review for drinking (and there is probably more that I have missed) so of course they are going to write about it. All these things are not what a captain should be doing.

FYI if Joel Selwood breached a club alcohol rule I would expect him to step down as captain (and I reckon 16 other AFL captains are in the same boat). The captain is meant to set the standards not require disciplining.

I think I'm quite evolved to the point I don't believe in fairytales and parables.
A worldview eh? Tell me oh enlightened one. Tell me about this sophisticated worldview of yours.

People can follow whatever religion they like and it doesn't affect me in any way? I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing about followers of certain other faiths

Didn't say that, I said the outrage over every single little aspect of anything he does is disproportionate.
You are a typical Crow moron who deflects scrunity when ever the crows cop criticism. The fact that Stephen Rowe, a crow nuffie of the highest order is having a go at the club is a fair indication that there’s truth to all of it and that the scrutiny is deserved

You are a typical Crow moron who deflects scrunity when ever the crows cop criticism. The fact that Stephen Rowe, a crow nuffie of the highest order is having a go at the club is a fair indication that there’s truth to all of it and that the scrutiny is deserved

The Crows are a mess - but Tex isn’t the problem.

Chapman, Burton, Fagan, Roo; they should all hand in their keys immediately.

You're a typical uneducated moron who believes every thing they read or hear about. This thread is about Tex, not the club. The club deserves scrutiny, Walker does not deserve the scrutiny he receives. Does a huge amount of charity work and community work, but that's all ignored by an obsession from the media to portray him negatively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back