Scandal Tex on the piss?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Ok so he had too much alcohol after a win. That means he's no longer fit to be captain?

Do you always respond to people whilst completely overlooking context and content?

HE SHOULD LOSE THE CAPTAINCY BECAUSE HE DOES NOT LEAD FROM THE FRONT.

This is just another in a long list of examples of why he is not a good captain.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you always respond to people whilst completely overlooking context and content?

HE SHOULD LOSE THE CAPTAINCY BECAUSE HE DOES NOT LEAD FROM THE FRONT.

This is just another in a long list of examples of why he is not a good captain.

I was simply responding to your earlier comment. His teammates love him, he lead his team to a Grand Final which he would've won had it not been at Richmond's home ground and was lauded by pretty much everyone before the media decided to sink the boot in.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
So captains can't have patches of poor form? Keep in mind he had no preseason and was playing injured all year.

The Grand Final wasn't an "Ultra mega fail" either. Please rewatch the game and have a look at some of the delivery into the forward line...it played right into richmond's hands. His game was below par but it wasn't abysmal.

Lever fail? Fair enough. Mcgovern? What has he done?

Where did he lie about the camp?

Snipe on Touhy? Didn't even knock him out. It was an accidental high shot. All the "great" captains have done the same.

A super anxious leader on one side, a fearless leader on the other side. I've never seen anything like it, ill prepared for our biggest opportunity in 20 odd years. I still can't believe it, and the fact he's still captain.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-23/superanxious-tex-wasnt-think-clearly-in-gf

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I was simply responding to your earlier comment. His teammates love him, he lead his team to a Grand Final which he would've won had it not been at Richmond's home ground and was lauded by pretty much everyone before the media decided to sink the boot in.

I think we both know that not all of his teammates love him.

Vikingblood

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 4, 2012
Catfish City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Which ex team mate?

Lever
Dangerfield
Vince
Tippett
Gunston
Davis
Cameron
Bock

To name a few

Are you that thick.
Let me work it out for you:
Dangerfield-still one of his best mates
Vince-still one of his best mates
Tippett-No one liked Tippett
Gunston- Still mates withTex
Davis-Still mates
Cameron-Still mates
Bock-would have barely known each other

Hahahaha

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Please show me some quotes where he has blamed anyone else for anything he has been involved in. Bet you can't.

How about you show some evidence that Tex has shown some leadership in any aspect of his role? Any aspect at all.

He starts flame wars with everyone from his own players to the media. Yet is really just a bog average footballer who was lucky that more deserving players (Sloane for example) were overlooked.

He is the Tony Abbott of AFL captains. In the top job, spends most of his time deflecting, is basically a simpleton and will ultimately be laughed out of the sport.

Watch it happen.

Vikingblood

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 4, 2012
Catfish City
AFL Club
Adelaide
How about you show some evidence that Tex has shown some leadership in any aspect of his role? Any aspect at all.

He starts flame wars with everyone from his own players to the media. Yet is really just a bog average footballer who was lucky that more deserving players (Sloane for example) were overlooked.

He is the Tony Abbott of AFL captains. In the top job, spends most of his time deflecting, is basically a simpleton and will ultimately be laughed out of the sport.

Watch it happen.

You mean like how he galvanised the entire team after their coach was murdered in tragic circumstances. That sort of example?
You mean how he was good enough to lead his team to a grand final. One bad performance doesn't dissolve a whole year.
Seems that out of you and Tex, you are the simpleton. And he will be around as long as he can contribute to the team, which after foot surgery, he will be far more likely to produce after a full pre-season.

I'm happy to have a guy who is passionate about the team and who is annoyed at those who aren't. I don't want a robot that speaks in cliches. The only player that had a problem was Lever, who we all know was a deceitful liar.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You mean like how he galvanised the entire team after their coach was murdered in tragic circumstances. That sort of example?
You mean how he was good enough to lead his team to a grand final. One bad performance doesn't dissolve a whole year.
Seems that out of you and Tex, you are the simpleton. And he will be around as long as he can contribute to the team, which after foot surgery, he will be far more likely to produce after a full pre-season.

I'm happy to have a guy who is passionate about the team and who is annoyed at those who aren't. I don't want a robot that speaks in cliches. The only player that had a problem was Lever, who we all know was a deceitful liar.

Fair enough.:thumbsu:

(I possibly went a bit overboard with the hyperbole)

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Lol you know it's true. It's a farce that the minor premier had to play the gf at the other team's home ground, on which they have the best record of all time. Home ground advantage is worth 5 or 6 goals minimum.

Lol you know it's true. It's a farce that the minor premier had to play the gf at the other team's home ground, on which they have the best record of all time. Home ground advantage is worth 5 or 6 goals minimum.
That's what you get for not being a team outside of Melbourne, Victoria.

Love you’re still melting hard over it. And that wasn’t the reason we won. You were smashed so hard it even ****ed your 2018 season.

Blueyboy74

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Is that right? On that basis, we only had such an advantage on 5 occasions during the home & away last year. The other six games were against neutral tenants so let's split that 3/3 giving us 8 games with a 5-6 goal (minimum) head start. The Crows had 10 which seems quite generous, particularly when you consider you only finished 2 points ahead of us.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is that right? On that basis, we only had such an advantage on 5 occasions during the home & away last year. The other six games were against neutral tenants so let's split that 3/3 giving us 8 games with a 5-6 goal (minimum) head start. The Crows had 10 which seems quite generous, particularly when you consider you only finished 2 points ahead of us.

Your draw was very easy last year.

No but you are right, having to travel to Geelong in the finals last year must've been really tough :eek:.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is that right? On that basis, we only had such an advantage on 5 occasions during the home & away last year. The other six games were against neutral tenants so let's split that 3/3 giving us 8 games with a 5-6 goal (minimum) head start. The Crows had 10 which seems quite generous, particularly when you consider you only finished 2 points ahead of us.[/QUO

Those pesky neutral venues:straining::straining:

Back