Scandal Tex on the piss?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blueyboy74

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I bet you were just bursting to get that one out weren't you ... as though our defeat at the hands of Collingwood somehow atones for your total capitulation in the 2017 GF.

Blueyboy74

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Speaking of total capitulation....
I could not agree with you more. We weren't up to the task last night ... the Pies totally outplayed us.

No excuses or whinging now & certainly not in 12mths time. Sometimes you have to put your hand up and simply say 'we weren't good enough .. the opposition totally deserved to win'. Haven't heard much of that out of Adelaide for a long time now.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Right, and they do to the losing captain of every GF do they? Why of all people is there an effort to target Tex Walker, a captain from a SA club?

Interesting given two years in a row he was voted as the best captain in the AFL by his peers.

Well let’s hope Cotchin and Jones are put under the same microscope given their totally insipid performances in the last 24 hours. After all, Tex had only one bad game on the biggest stage for the year. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Right, and they do to the losing captain of every GF do they? Why of all people is there an effort to target Tex Walker, a captain from a SA club?

I'm sure they've done it to other players/captains. Look at some of the journalism around the time of the GF and you'll see.

Claiming we deliberately altered the bnf count, citing talk back callers as sources in articles, shaming the Captain's post game speech which was no different to most etc. Just gotta laugh at this stuff.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting given two years in a row he was voted as the best captain in the AFL by his peers.

Well let’s hope Cotchin and Jones are put under the same microscope given their totally insipid performances in the last 24 hours. After all, Tex had only one bad game on the biggest stage for the year. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

I am really tired of reading that the players voted him best captain blah blah. They voted Ryan Lonie most courageous player one year too.

There is a marked reluctance (willful ignorance actually) from Crow posters to acknowledge that Walker's actions are why he is in the media. Yes he cops it, he cops it because he has given them ammunition.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm sure they've done it to other players/captains. Look at some of the journalism around the time of the GF and you'll see.

Claiming we deliberately altered the bnf count, citing talk back callers as sources in articles, shaming the Captain's post game speech which was no different to most etc. Just gotta laugh at this stuff.

It was a terrible post match speech, at least face up to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was a terrible post match speech, at least face up to that.

Not really. He said what he needed to and got the * off. He didn't attention seek like Cam Smith and didn't spit the dummy either. He also did multiple candid ch 7 interviews after. Where was the reporting on those?

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Not really. He said what he needed to and got the **** off. He didn't attention seek like Cam Smith and didn't spit the dummy either. He also did multiple candid ch 7 interviews after. Where was the reporting on those?

Ok then, its totally unwarranted and just a vendetta against Tex with no reason. Think that if you like.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I could not agree with you more. We weren't up to the task last night ... the Pies totally outplayed us.

No excuses or whinging now & certainly not in 12mths time. Sometimes you have to put your hand up and simply say 'we weren't good enough .. the opposition totally deserved to win'. Haven't heard much of that out of Adelaide for a long time now.

We were nowhere near good enough on the day. Terrible team selection didn't help us, we were simply outgunned in the running and pressure department. That didn't stop heaps of your posters calling the players chokers at every opportunity. Turns out your guys can completely s**t the bed under the pressure of going back to back. We started well but were outworked over the course of the game, your players didn't even turn up.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am really tired of reading that the players voted him best captain blah blah. They voted Ryan Lonie most courageous player one year too.

There is a marked reluctance (willful ignorance actually) from Crow posters to acknowledge that Walker's actions are why he is in the media. Yes he cops it, he cops it because he has given them ammunition.

If it was such a huge joke to do that, then surely voting him best captain again this year would have been the go. Who'd they joke in this year?

Back