Votes: 13 14.9%
  • He'll run out puff by the year's end

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • No way, jose'!

Votes: 24 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex carrying an injury has coincided with our forward entries turning to sh*te.

Him not kicking 5 goals will be blamed on his niggle.

It's chicken and egg though, it's not a pure coincidence. The more mobile you are and speed you have the better you can do with lesser quality entries. The kicker's margin of error is reduced as you're ability to cover the ground is reduced. Tex was never running out an uninjured 22 games. But he can be fit for 15 or so. Question is will we drop the 7 to maximise the 15 or will we keep him out there and run him into the ground like we have the previous 3 years. Watching Lynch shuffling around wasn't a good sign, but we can still hope.

hopefully plays in 2022 and redeems himself somewhat - would be a sad end otherwise

Not sure how playing good footy in the short term redeems him. If he was nearer the beginning of his career it would dissipate the effect maybe but one season, all the media will be about how he is booed relentlessly by opposition crowds. I reckon Tex will get past the booing but all it will do is reinforce what he did and how he is viewed.

I actually question whether he will play on or will he retire over summer

Not sure how playing good footy in the short term redeems him. If he was nearer the beginning of his career it would dissipate the effect maybe but one season, all the media will be about how he is booed relentlessly by opposition crowds. I reckon Tex will get past the booing but all it will do is reinforce what he did and how he is viewed.

I actually question whether he will play on or will he retire over summer
and the nuffies who boo him will be the same ones who booed Adam Goodes.

and the nuffies who boo him will be the same ones who booed Adam Goodes.

There will people who will do it because they think it is funny, there will be some who will do it because they hate that what Tex did, is a reflection on themselves.

Not everyone will forgive Tex whether they are crows fans, white, Indigenous etc but many will from those same groups. Same as some will see it as a one off mistake whilst others see it as a pattern of behaviour (even though the evidence to prove that is hearsay at best and blind hatred at worst)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back