• He'll run out puff by the year's end

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • No way, jose'!

Votes: 24 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Highlights of Tex's goals in Round 3:

I did a little breakdown of how well his form is going. All goals were clutch goals when we were trailing, and:
1st goal: from a contested mark.
2nd goal: from outside 50m.
3rd goal: left kick around the corner.
4th goal: contested mark between 2 opponents.
5th goal: from outside 50m.
6th goal: from a contested mark.

The above shows Tex isn't relying on the team giving him great service, but more the impression that he is giving great service for the team!

I didn't even pick that up - you are right - every single goal he scored we were behind, and the 6th put us in front
I also didn't pick that up until I did the goals review just now. His game last night was the literal definition of a "match winner".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights of Tex's goals in Round 3:

I did a little breakdown of how well his form is going. All goals were clutch goals when we were trailing, and:
1st goal: from a contested mark.
2nd goal: from outside 50m.
3rd goal: left kick around the corner.
4th goal: contested mark between 2 opponents.
5th goal: from outside 50m.
6th goal: from a contested mark.

The above shows Tex isn't relying on the team giving him great service, but more the impression that he is giving great service for the team!

At the ground, the 3rd one reminded me of this:

17/3 = 5.67

100/22 = 4.55

Hmmm...
Thanks Deaneus, you've turned this into a thread for random fractions and numerals! :D

More for those number lovers...
I've done some number crunching, and can say it's officially Tex's best start for the first 3 games in any of his AFL seasons. Here are the years with his best averages and how many goals he had kicked in total and for the first 3 games of a given season:
2011 - 32 goals (av. 2.5 goals) - 8 goals
2012 - 63 goals (av. 3.3) - 8 goals
2015 - 59 goals (av. 2.6) - 11 goals
2016 - 47 goals (av. 2.0) - 7 goals
2017 - 54 goals (av. 2.3) - 11 goals
2021 - 17 goals (av. 5.7) - 17 goals

With 3 games, it's still very much a small sample size. However, there is no doubt he's having the best start he's ever had in his entire AFL career.

Funny thing about this is Tex has spent more time in the ruck up forward this year. That goal taking the ball out of the ruck from Jenkins was beautiful.
He also absolutely wrecked that poor 2nd string gold coast ruckman guy in two contests in the 4th last game.

Like, shoved him in the chest, pushed him 2m away, grabbed the ball, clean disposal (one handball, one ludicrous not-too-far-away-from-a-goal shot).

God he's in form.

Tex with 28 coaches votes already at round 3. At round 3 last year we had 25 as a club...

It’s not just the goal kicking that is impressive, it’s the tackling, little taps to dangerous space, field kicking, pushing up the ground to provide a marking option when required, making the right decision almost every time he gets the ball. Tex having 23 disposals hasn’t been seen since 2012 I reckon! His all round game right now is just out of this world and damn good to watch 😊.

Who cares about a Coleman medal, the big fella is leading the Brownlow at the moment, 8 more BOGs and he's a great chance
Now that would be epic. Never mind a non midfielder winning it, but a guy who was basically labelled a pariah for not dancing to the media driven 'camp' tune.

I love the number 119... not sure why though? 🤔
Apart from the obvious and delicious defeat of the pear by Geelong, a record 119 points. The 119 Wiki page has these little tidbits:
119 is a number to report youth at risk in France.
119 is the emergency number in Afghanistan that belongs to police and interior ministry.
119 is the South Korean emergency call number.
119 is the Chinese fire station call number.
119 is the NHS test and trace number in the UK.
119 is the default port for unencrypted NNTP connections.
Project 119 is a governmental program of the People's Republic of China targeting sports that China has not traditionally excelled in at the Summer Olympics, to maximize the number of medals won during the games.
119 is also the atomic number of the theoretical element ununennium.

I think my favourite is Project 119, followed closely by the Fire Station call number (Hi Kane).

Gotta say Kane Cornes is on the mark here with Tex ......players try and BS supporters and media with "I'm the fittest I've ever been " stuff

Tex for the last 3 years has talked of dropping weight ....I've never seen any visible evidence of these kg's he's supposed to have dropped ......this year though it's obvious, and you can tell his plan was to end his career on a high note

So why hadn't he done this 3-4 years ago ? ......it's a big question worth asking, not only of Tex, but also the Coaching Dept

Back