Tex Reported for Striking

Remove this Banner Ad

The big question is who reported him, itf there is no ffootage

Unless the MRP reviewed that and asked the umpire what happened after that instance and the umps said Tex got him in the back.

The 'report' by the twitter bloke could be an MRP leak which is due out in a couple of hours.

So he includes a bit of footage that shows Lewis swinging at Walker, but DOESN'T show Walker swinging at Lewis? If this is all they're going on then it shouldn't even be a report, let alone a fine.

Ha! The rat pushing Lewis causing him to miss and look like a complete douche was the only decent thing he did all night!

So he includes a bit of footage that shows Lewis swinging at Walker, but DOESN'T show Walker swinging at Lewis? If this is all they're going on then it shouldn't even be a report, let alone a fine.

Lewis then connects with Tex at the end of the footage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the question is ... is he actually reported?

That's what I'm wondering. Maybe it'll just be one of those mentions in the report like the panel reviewed incident with Walker and Lewis but not enough evidence or not enough impact to constitute a report etc.

There is probably video footage (e.g. from behind the goals) that we haven't seen. If there is no footage at all, they can still lay a report on what the umpire saw - might make it harder to prove if Tex was to challenge it though.

Based on the fact that Lewis jumped straight up and took his kick, I reckon there's a fair chance the match day report gets chucked out as insufficient force to justify a report. If it's anything, it has to be intentional/low impact.

Which would mean high contact - 2 matches down to 1 with a plea, or body contact - $1,500 fine down to $1,000 with a plea.

He got fined last week to for the JJ goalpost incident. Has he had any other fines this year? Don't you get an automatic 1 match suspension for your 3rd misdemeanour?
Not quite. There are 2 different ways to get a fine -

1. from a low level "classifiable offence" - e.g. striking (gut punches), rough conduct (careless, high contact, low impact).
2. from a "fixed financial offence" - e.g. melee, careless contact with umpire, attempt to strike.

For your 3rd low level classifiable offence, you get a 1 match suspension. Charlie Cameron is walking this tightrope at the moment, having got done for rough conduct v Port and striking v North.

Tex's fine last week was for misconduct, which is a fixed financial offence. I.e. assuming he pleads/is found guilty of striking Lewis, it will be his first low level classifiable offence - so still a bit of breathing room before getting a game.

There is probably video footage (e.g. from behind the goals) that we haven't seen. If there is no footage at all, they can still lay a report on what the umpire saw - might make it harder to prove if Tex was to challenge it though.

Based on the fact that Lewis jumped straight up and took his kick, I reckon there's a fair chance the match day report gets chucked out as insufficient force to justify a report. If it's anything, it has to be intentional/low impact.

Which would mean high contact - 2 matches down to 1 with a plea, or body contact - $1,500 fine down to $1,000 with a plea.

Not quite. There are 2 different ways to get a fine -

1. from a low level "classifiable offence" - e.g. striking (gut punches), rough conduct (careless, high contact, low impact).
2. from a "fixed financial offence" - e.g. melee, careless contact with umpire, attempt to strike.

For your 3rd low level classifiable offence, you get a 1 match suspension. Charlie Cameron is walking this tightrope at the moment, having got done for rough conduct v Port and striking v North.

Tex's fine last week was for misconduct, which is a fixed financial offence. I.e. assuming he pleads/is found guilty of striking Lewis, it will be his first low level classifiable offence - so still a bit of breathing room before getting a game.
Welcome back mate. You need to post more.

He'll get a fine. So one more misdemeanor and he'll miss a week I think

Edit: just saw Elder van Berlo 's post above. Good news. Should have hit him harder

Hmm OK, so the umpire did see it and report it. Again, though, where does it leave them if there's no footage of it? Presumably no impact since Lewis didn't go off or anything. Still hard to see it even being a fine if there's no evidence that it actually happened at all?

The evidence would be the umpire saw it, thats how it was done in the old fashion days

The evidence would be the umpire saw it, thats how it was done in the old fashion days

Yeah - I'm old enough to remember those days :(

But I thought in this day and age there needed to be some sort of vision of it. Especially in a case like this where I assume Lewis didn't leave the ground or report any kind of injury from the incident, so there's no medical report to fall back on in case of a lack of video footage?

Welcome back mate. You need to post more.
Thanks for the kind words mate but I am out.

I just saw this topic posted on twitter and given that (1) it's up my alley and (2) not many people seem to understand the intricacies of the MRP system, I thought I'd chime in my 2 cents worth. Did the same last week re Tex/Easton Wood but it was after the momentum had gone out of the topic.

Glad to see everyone is still here and arguing about the same things though. For what it's worth, to cover all topics:
1. I think Matt Crouch is a superb player and his hurt factor is underrated.
2. I think Brad Crouch has largely had a poor season but has been a big part of us starting to come back into form. The last month or so have been a big improvement and he is starting to show signs he might become something like the player we all hoped.
3. I think Lever and McGovern will both stay but both are making me a little nervous.
4. I think Tom Doedee will be a very good AFL footballer but with the full benefit of hindsight I do wish we'd taken Ryan Burton. I also am a bit anxious about Doedee's contract status.

Thanks for the kind words mate but I am out.

I just saw this topic posted on twitter and given that (1) it's up my alley and (2) not many people seem to understand the intricacies of the MRP system, I thought I'd chime in my 2 cents worth. Did the same last week re Tex/Easton Wood but it was after the momentum had gone out of the topic.

Glad to see everyone is still here and arguing about the same things though. For what it's worth, to cover all topics:
1. I think Matt Crouch is a superb player and his hurt factor is underrated.
2. I think Brad Crouch has largely had a poor season but has been a big part of us starting to come back into form. The last month or so have been a big improvement and he is starting to show signs he might become something like the player we all hoped.
3. I think Lever and McGovern will both stay but both are making me a little nervous.
4. I think Tom Doedee will be a very good AFL footballer but with the full benefit of hindsight I do wish we'd taken Ryan Burton. I also am a bit anxious about Doedee's contract status.

What's your stance on the fridge / pantry controversy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back