• Stupendous

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Amazing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I love him

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a pointless thing to get wound up about.

Is it also because he didn't get on stage after the grand final and blow smoke up Reiwoldt and Martin's ass???

They had a go at his speech at the 2017GF.

Did anyone listen to Scott Pendlebury’s speech last year? It was nearly identical but no bagging from the media.

Thanks Tex for being the AFC captain. Hope you kick a bag next year and stick it up all your detractors.

Carried the Club and was an amazing leader through some unprecedented tough times.

Let down massively by the executive and management of the AFC, who have allowed his legacy and standing in the game to be smashed.

Hopefully he can have a couple of strong years to finish off his career, and go down as an AFC legend.

Out of interest, what was the media's obsession with potting Walker. What did he actually do wrong to get them offside??

Because he, unlike many others at the club, stood there and copped it on the chin. You look across the club leadership and there was not a single ******* one who can say they stood up in front of the media routinely, regardless of the circumstances, and spoke for the club. He’s a leader.

Such a pointless thing to get wound up about.

Is it also because he didn't get on stage after the grand final and blow smoke up Reiwoldt and Martin's ass???
Pretty sure Pendlebury’s was almost identical last year? But funny how no one seemed to care that time.

I doubt there will ever be a player I want to see succeed more at the club than Tex, I really hope we can pull our finger out in the next few years and repay him after all the hits he's taken on behalf club whilst the other figures hide in the shadows.

Also hope he has a big year next year and hopefully open up the eyes of some neutral supporters instead of reading headlines and being sheep.

Deserves more respect than he receives. A great captain who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Now play players who can kick to him on the lead and not over his head. And get a competent forward coach and a decent game plan.

Well done Tax, always putting the club first and this is another example. He knew it was time to pass the batten on and he didn't put himself before the team like some of our other vetrans. Hopefully now the media ease up a bit on the big fella, has copped the brunt of the media vitriol since the 2017 GF.

I can see a huge year from him next year now this burden is off his shoulders.

One of the best blokes you could ever meet. A footballers footballer. Typical country lad who always puts his club first no matter what. Has led our club through the darkest of times onto the verge of success. Has been through alot more than most blokes. Hopefully without the stress and constant criticism he can regain top form and just be himself the next couple of years. Well done Tex.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lead the club through it's darkest hours, and then was voted best captain in the AFL for two years running.

The last two seasons have been tough, and the trolls (especially from the great unwashed down the road, and from a certain gutless shock jock on a radio station that gets next to no listeners) have been relentless. This is the right call, he can't do any more as captain than he already has. Hopefully this decision breaks the shackles and he continues to regain his peak form.

I remember when we were in the dark days of maybe 2007/2008 and didn't have a key forward in sight. People were posting grainy footage from Broken Hill on here of Walker, such a brilliant player when in full flight.

Next year he will become our leading goal kicker ever and rightly so.

Carried the Club and was an amazing leader through some unprecedented tough times.

Let down massively by the executive and management of the AFC, who have allowed his legacy and standing in the game to be smashed.

Hopefully he can have a couple of strong years to finish off his career, and go down as an AFC legend.
Absolutely this, our own club is as much to blame as the media.
I can hardly recall a moment when the club went into bat for him.
The bloke bleeds for the club the reverse cannot be said.

In before the he-jumped-before-the-review-pushed-him-out-tin-foil-hatters get going.

Didn’t take long
7 were even quicker at deleting the scum journos name
Idiots forgot about screen shots !

D9C7606C-B557-4E22-81A0-A2B3A87C4703.png

Campaigners
This is who wrote that s**t
E76DCBB2-9321-4245-8363-36CA743B4DAB.jpeg
I will always remember a commentator gushing over Jobe Watson when he was retiring, saying something like no other captain has had as hard a time as captain as what Jobe did.

I love Tex. Always have, always will. I hope he feels proud for what he achieved as captain because I sure as hell am, even if the whole f'n world was against him for the last 2 years.

Champion player
Champion captain
Champion man
You could never question Tex and his commitment to the club, he bleeds red, yellow and blue from the day he walked into the club. 2 captain of the year awards speaks volumes of what Phil Walsh saw in his leadership, you did him and the club proud.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

❤️❤️❤️
he deserved to be a premiership captain. was only 2 bad quarters away from being it

thanks tex. you've been on par with Roo as our best captain
Subaru likes this
maxresdefault.jpg

Subaru gets so sad when she reads that poem

But so true of our Tex

Yeah the speech was fine and was like most others. Thanked what he needed, was understandably a bit grumpy, that's it. It fit in with them being able to jump on him. Rowdy Roddy Peeper: but listen to the music Marge, he's evil.

Pendlebury’s speech last year... goes from 1:31-1:44. I don’t recall everybody hating on him for giving a near identical speech to Tex...

Anyhow, cheers to the big fella for carrying the club through some tough times and for taking us to a GF in 2017. Here’s hoping for a big 2020.

Has been a very good captain. I hope he can now just play out of the goal square for a couple of years and make the most of what he has left.

I hope we go for a fresh face, next generation captain, maybe M Crouch, B Crouch or Dudes. Nothing against Sloane but I think a new captain should have 5 years ahead of him.

Has been a very good captain. I hope he can now just play out of the goal square for a couple of years and make the most of what he has left.

I hope we go for a fresh face, next generation captain, maybe M Crouch, B Crouch or Dudes. Nothing against Sloane but I think a new captain should have 5 years ahead of him.
Agreed , I’d do Dudes probs

Back