Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm going to miss his ability to completely trigger the media and opposition fans by literally just existing.

Thought this was funny

What a superstar he is. Stepped up into the role when we needed him, carried us almost all the way to the top, and then bowed out gracefully when his time was done. Put us on his back during the Phil Walsh years. He's a ripper, and hopefully this is the start of a resurgence in his career :thumbsu:

And we're blessed to have Sloane already in the saddle to take over the duty full time.
👍🏼
Oh dear.

What's become of me?

I've just turned into a letter writer, telling Sportsbet why I'm cancelling my Sportsbet account and that I'll never deal with them again.

That's gotta hurt them because I'm a terrible punter.:tearsofjoy:

Scumbags
Channel 7 were just as bad

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Should reinvigorate his playing career
I agree
Bore the brunt of the incompetence of players and staff long enough

Any problem - they’d wheel Tex out

He will still be a leader on field which is invaluable for the new solo captain !

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I do hope other BF Crows' board posters have deleted their Sportsbet account also.

My not so polite letter was responded to in a very polite but condescending tone.

Now whether the reply was intentionally condescending in tone, is debatable, because it might have been pure ignorance driving the response.

So Sportsbet lose my weekly $20 donation, it being a donation because of my useless punting. I bet that burns, Sportsbet. Suffer in your jocks. I see receivership in your near future because of my withdrawal! Ha to you!

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I heard the grab from Chapman, Tex & Ellie are definitely expecting, however I’m not sure if it was common knowledge until then?
It’s just the thing I can imagine us stuffing up.

So the dumb s**t let the cat out of the bag, before Tex and Ellie had a chance to announce it?

******* useless.

Honestly, the last month of Chapman has been pathetic, he can't get simple things right, constantly contradicts other Crows people, and even himself, and tries to spin and BS his way out of it.

Just go.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
So the dumb s**t let the cat out of the bag, before Tex and Ellie had a chance to announce it?

******* useless.

Honestly, the last month of Chapman has been pathetic, he can't get simple things right, constantly contradicts other Crows people, and even himself, and tries to spin and BS his way out of it.

Just go.
Sounds like Tex did it first on MMM I think.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
When did the club ever stand up for Tex?

When?

I remember when Simon Goodwin was our best ever captain, and when VB set new standards for professionalism, but when Tex has copped so much unfair criticism when did we stand up for him?

Like he stood up for us?

Bloke bleeds for this club and I love him for it

Yet another black mark for our underperforming, underwhelming off field entourage.

Useless pricks, no wonder the players are disillusioned.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

******* useless.

Just go.

What worries me is why Tex went to Chappy to tell of his relinquishing captaincy. Nobody else fit the bill ? ? ?

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I do hope other BF Crows' board posters have deleted their Sportsbet account also.

My not so polite letter was responded to in a very polite but condescending tone.

Now whether the reply was intentionally condescending in tone, is debatable, because it might have been pure ignorance driving the response.

So Sportsbet lose my weekly $20 donation, it being a donation because of my useless punting. I bet that burns, Sportsbet. Suffer in your jocks. I see receivership in your near future because of my withdrawal! Ha to you!

what did their reply say?

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
what did their reply say?

"Whilst our social teams posts are aimed to be humorous, we in no way intend to offend anyone, so we're sorry if you have taken offence."

...so they're not sorry for publicly ridiculing a person, but they're sorry if I've taken offence...to which I replied that besides completely missing the point, it wasn't me they needed to be apologising to.

They again replied and said they assure me my feedback will be taken seriously and has already been passed on to the "dedicated team and they have taken it on board."

Baaaa ha ha ha ha ha sure they've taken it on board. I can just picture how they reacted in the office...the same way I'd react I suppose if someone had pointed out how s**t I was at doing my job.

Yeah I know it's not the end of the world, but you know what. * em. * em all.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
That they pulled it very quickly shows that people were getting bent out of shape about it. fu** them and the 14yr old they have doing their unfunny tweets.:)

You mustn't have been the only person that closed their account following the Tweet.

Most of their (and other betting agencies) posts are generally humourous, but this one went too far, and they should have the decency to acknowledge this rather than just quietly pull the Tweet when they lost too many customers because of it.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Whilst our social teams posts are aimed to be humorous, we in no way intend to offend anyone, so we're sorry if you have taken offence."

...so they're not sorry for publicly ridiculing a person, but they're sorry if I've taken offence...to which I replied that besides completely missing the point, it wasn't me they needed to be apologising to.

They again replied and said they assure me my feedback will be taken seriously and has already been passed on to the "dedicated team and they have taken it on board."

Baaaa ha ha ha ha ha sure they've taken it on board. I can just picture how they reacted in the office...the same way I'd react I suppose if someone had pointed out how s**t I was at doing my job.

Yeah I know it's not the end of the world, but you know what. fu** em. fu** em all.
I think they meant “we’re trying to be humorous and not meaning to offend anyone (apart from the Crows fans)”

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

Takes years to get a customer and minutes to lose them

I reckon before the replies were deleted to the initial thread there would have been at least 20 that had closed their accounts

I just deleted their app

They can keep my $20 and choke on it !

I never got a reply to my e mail but then it wasn’t polite at all !

So the dumb s**t let out of the bag, before Tex and Ellie had a chance to announce it?

******* useless.

Just go.

I knew about this at least 6 weeks ago - husband heard it at golf

Not sure it was a huge secret but probably not for public consumption

Sportsbet often have a laugh with some of the social posts. I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over it.

Sportsbet have form on misreading their market

And misreading election results !

Back