• Stupendous

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Amazing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I love him

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for Tex. where others have used our mediocrity to their advantage (Jenkins, Douglas, Mackay) Tex has been a victim of it. When he first came onto the scene i said with a player of his quality a good club should win at least win 1 flag. Then came the Tippett saga and players began walking out the door. Would have had a great career at Hawthorn, West coast etc. Wouldn't to upset if he walked out the door and went to a genuine contender for the remainder of his career. He deserves a premiership.

Remember when our under 23s consisted of Tex, Davis, Tippett, Sloane, Gunston, Smith and Dangerfield. If you kept that group together we would have another 2 flags by now.

Last edited:
Wasnt Cornes recently voted one of the best journos in football recently. Speaks volumes.
I reckon Sam Manure is a very good Journo too .....but that doesn't excuse hiom from being a right tosser

Cornes is just a deliberate ploy to arc up Crows supporters ....classic clickbait tactic

I won't go in to detail but the other aspect of Texs career thar is really amazibg is that everything he has achieved has been done off his own back, his own hard work. He hasn't had the resources at his disposal that alot of other young AFL players had.

Well done tex, A true blue team man that gives his heart and sole to this club. He hasn't been helped this year with poor coaching, selection, and player management, I actually felt sorry for him at times with the unfair and uneducated criticism he had go his way, And performed as well as could be expected. If the club overhauls the coaching department and puts the right players around Tex I still believe he's got some big performances in him and can get the success he deserves, Things change quickly at the crows as most of us know. But it's not going to happen unless we've got the right coaches putting in the right game plan structures and personnel to implement them.

A funny point is how Port supporters are so bent out of shape about Tex, they can't see that he is the type of captain the real PAFC used to have - a country bloke who enjoys a beer at the footy.

Port Power now has Travis, Ollie and that Norwood guy as captains.

I won't go in to detail but the other aspect of Texs career thar is really amazibg is that everything he has achieved has been done off his own back, his own hard work. He hasn't had the resources at his disposal that alot of other young AFL players had.
you only need to look at the tragedies he's endured in the past 5 years to see how well he's done to keep it all together

A funny point is how Port supporters are so bent out of shape about Tex, they can't see that he is the type of captain the real PAFC used to have - a country bloke who enjoys a beer at the footy.

Port Power now has Travis, Ollie and that Norwood guy as captains.

Well Jonas does fit the old school Port mould - sniping thug

Outstanding captaincy career - should be very proud of his achievements.

What bothers me the most is not how the media hounded him, it was the way his own supporters followed like sheep.

Classic example being the disgusting threads on this very board, threads that many here were happy to dump on.

But yeah how about that awful media.
Agree.
There are so many pot shot threads on our players.
Especially on Tex. Been a wonderful captain.
Disgraceful really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back