Toast Tex Walker and Jordan Dawson both AA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s actually some merit to suggest Tex is the best forward in 2023.
Tex has 76.34 in 22 games, with Curnow having 78.41 in 23 games. Tex having the better goal average and better kicking accuracy.

Then if you delve deeper with the analysis, a look at the major goal scorers for Crows vs Blues (I’ve only included forwards with at least 1 goal average per game):
Crows
Tex 76.34
Rankine 36.17
Fog 34.23
Pedlar 25.15
Rachele 23.25
Keays 22.19
RT 18.9
McAdam 12.4

Blues
Curnow 78.41
McKay 27.25
Owies 25.12
Silvagni 14.12
Durdin 11.7

This roughly translates to Tex having ~ 28% focus of the forward targets, while Curnow gets ~ 47%.
Curnow being the benefactor of being his team’s main focus, while with the Crows, the goal scoring is shared much more evenly among the forwards.

When a lot of players around his age are retiring, Tex at CHF in the 2023 All-Australian side is a great achievement. Tex's inclusion ends a 5-year drought for Crows' players since Laird in 2018.

It's a helluvan achievement for Tex to have his best Season @ age 33 after 16 Seasons no less, 76 goals and all-time goalkicker for the Club, with multiple goal assists and invaluable leadership on and off field.

All hail, Tex Rex. Long may he reign!!

Congrats Tex

The best KPF in my time that I have seen in terms of kicking both sides of the body

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looking back, I might be wrong, but it looks like he's added 5-10m to his L-hand kick in the last few years.
Some of our forwards can't kick that far on their natural foot and not with Tex's kind of accuracy.

That candy-selling goal around Aliir was a pearler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spring-catpaw-e-gif.738623

Remove this Banner Ad

Back