Player Watch Tex Walker maybe hasn't had as bad a year as the narrative suggests...

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the days when a player was judged by what you saw with your eyes...
Either extreme is stupid, I remember how salty people were that Rioli was highly rated by advanced stats a long time ago when people were still saying he was average. Advanced stats were proven right.

I used to always argue Walker was overrated, now I'd suggest that just because he's dropped off doesn't mean he's a bad player. I've seen Adelaide fans say he's done, he's bloody 29 and still playing ok. We all do the eye test, problem is most people are full of it, and in the first place will happily use basic stats, herp derp so and so got 30 touches what a rippa

Either extreme is stupid, I remember how salty people were that Rioli was highly rated by advanced stats a long time ago when people were still saying he was average. Advanced stats were proven right.

I used to always argue Walker was overrated, now I'd suggest that just because he's dropped off doesn't mean he's a bad player. I've seen Adelaide fans say he's done, he's bloody 29 and still playing ok. We all do the eye test, problem is most people are full of it.

Tex culd be the clubs highest paid player, I think that is the issue if we were paying him $500k OK hes doing his job but we aren't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back