Rumour 'Tex' Walker unhappy to share nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol...good for you.

Do you realise it's other captains of other teams....perhaps even yours ...that voted Tex the best captain in the league 2 years in a row ????

Apparently your captains know less about football and leadership than the astute wannabes on BF ...lol
except when it counts, front running downhill skier

except when it counts, front running downhill skier
Very sad you can't enjoy a GF win without disrespecting the opposition captain....your mum would be proud.
I've noticed what gracious winners Tigers supporters are....myself....I'd never bother posting on a thread about an opposition captain....I'd rather focus on my own team....especially after a win.
I guess this thread brings out the BF meat heads - welcome meat head. You a big boy...yeah?

Very sad you can't enjoy a GF win without disrespecting the opposition captain....your mum would be proud.
I've noticed what gracious winners Tigers supporters are....myself....I'd never bother posting on a thread about an opposition captain....I'd rather focus on my own team....especially after a win.

Yeah, the bit a couple of pages back where you were suggesting that supporters of lower ranked clubs shouldn’t express their opinions showed what a gracious winner you are.

Lol...good for you.

Do you realise it's other captains of other teams....perhaps even yours ...that voted Tex the best captain in the league 2 years in a row ????

Apparently your captains know less about football and leadership than the astute wannabes on BF ...lol
I’m sure you’ve heard the term ‘inside joke’?

Yeah, the bit a couple of pages back where you were suggesting that supporters of lower ranked clubs shouldn’t express their opinions showed what a gracious winner you are.
But I never said that did I ???

I said it makes me laugh....post away.

I think deep down you all know the thread is stupid. Go back to your own boards and try to work out where your team went wrong....or in Richmond case.....count up all your new supporters.

I’m sure you’ve heard the term ‘inside joke’?

Didn’t they also vote Cameron Ling as the AFL’s sexiest player? I can only assume Tex Texan Texas The Big Texan as AFL’s best captain was a similar joke.

LOL ....mate....you joined Big Footy AFTER your team won the flag !!!!
Try sticking to your own board for a while and chatting to your thousands of new found friends before "disproving" any posts.
Your why Tigers supporters get such a bad rap....your a fair weather, bandwagoner.
See you in another 30 years when you win your next flag.
Wait, you've been on BigFooty less than a year, joining after the Crows Women's team won the AFLW flag and are accusing someone of being a new supporter, 'so shut your mouth before you've paid your dues?' :huh:

There's been a large number of unbearable Richmond fans since their flag, with a lot of post hoc ergo propter hoc, for their repeated finals failures the previous years being the reason for their success now, but a newbie calling out an even newer newbie is too rich.

Wait, you've been on BigFooty less than a year, joining after the Crows Women's team won the AFLW flag and are accusing someone of being a new supporter, 'so shut your mouth before you've paid your dues?' :huh:

There's been a large number of unbearable Richmond fans since their flag, with a lot of post hoc ergo propter hoc, for their repeated finals failures the previous years being the reason for their success now, but a newbie calling out an even newer newbie is too rich.
Clearly projecting his own shortcomings onto others.....not unlike Tex

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol...you serious? ....your language is a bit borderline too.
Your all on a thread about the Crows captain....if you don't like my comments....go back to your own boards.
Your very immature ....if you find that insulting....perhaps question your motives for commenting on this thread to begin with.

In the meantime I'd much rather have my list and captain than any of yours....deep down you feel the same way...which is why your here. (Tigers supporters excepted) ....although Tigers should be celebrating on there own board and making the most of their short lived success.

Clearly projecting his own shortcomings onto others.....not unlike Tex
Nope & Nope
I'm doing very well thanks....and so is Tex.
Crows lost the GF... but someone has to lose every year.
If Walker let the Crows down....not sure what that says about the other 16 captains that were fishing late September.

Lol...you serious? ....your language is a bit borderline too.
Your all on a thread about the Crows captain....if you don't like my comments....go back to your own boards.
Your very immature ....if you find that insulting....perhaps question your motives for commenting on this thread to begin with.

In the meantime I'd much rather have my list and captain than any of yours....deep down you feel the same way...which is why your here. (Tigers supporters excepted) ....although Tigers should be celebrating on there own board and making the most of their short lived success.
You’re your, my kingdom for your right use of you’re and your.

You didn’t like your hypocrisy on a newbie fight being called out? My oh my. I think after the stuff I’ve seen and being called here in over 15 years I’ll manage to survive this thread without having to run back to the Port board.

I can think of many Captains I’d rather have on the Port list then Walker. A Captain has the on-field role of rallying a team when required. The crows have been a well drilled team in-spite of Walker being Captain, not because of it. As for the off-field responsibilities of a Captain, if he was Captain of any other side, you’d be amongst the first to call him out for being a semi-literate bogan. One who should give thanks everyday he’s a good footballer or he’d be stacking shelves back in Broken Hill. And only the most rosy of glasses prevents you admitting it.

Last edited:
Ill tell you what, i wouldnt want Tex* ANYWHERE near playing for Richmond. Absolutely Toxic influence and NFI.

Mind you, if he did come Cotchin and the leadership group would eat him alive - he'd probably end up taking personal leave and go home sooking to Broken Hill to be the slack jawed roadworker he was always destined to be.

*2017 Copyright acknowledged

You’re your, my kingdom for your right use of you’re and your.

You didn’t like your hypocrisy on a newbie fight being called out? My oh my. I think after the stuff I’ve seen and being called here in over 15 years I’ll manage to survive this thread without having to run back to the Port board.

I can think of many Captains is rather have on the Port list then Walker. A Captain has the on-field role of rallying a team when required. The crows have been a well drilled team inspite of Walker being Captain, not because of it. As for the off-field responsibilities of a Captain, if he was Captain of any other side, you’d be amongst the first to call him out for being a semi-literate bogan. One who should give thanks everyday he’s a good footballer or he’d be stacking shelves back in Broken Hill. And only the most rosy of glasses prevents you admitting it.
Lol...you just sound like another Port idiot....a few typos in that rant...but thanks for the grammar lesson.
You don't like Walker...good for you.
Hopefully your captain and team can put up more of a fight this year....as they are currently a very average team indeed....and that's proven by actual results. In the mean time ...you enjoy hooking into the captain of the year and minor premiers of 2017 LOL. Your so pathetic

Ill tell you what, i wouldnt want Tex* ANYWHERE near playing for Richmond. Absolutely Toxic influence and NFI.

Mind you, if he did come Cotchin and the leadership group would eat him alive - he'd probably end up taking personal leave and go home sooking to Broken Hill to be the slack jawed roadworker he was always destined to be.

*2017 Copyright acknowledged
Very lame
You sound like one of those meat head Tigers supporters nobody likes ....congrats

This useless thread has obviously run its course ...not before time...I was wondering if any of you had actual lives....adios peeps

See some of you in the finals next year.

I have a theory about the news of Crows players returning to training overweight.

Surely this another one of Tex's ideas.

Tex- 'Guys, Sarah Perkins won a flag so all we need to do is stack on a few kgs and we will win too'.

Rest of playing list - "do you mean Tex Perkins?"

Tex - "shaddup dickheads just get on the food will yuz"

Rest of playing list - "your the captain"

Surely has some merit?

Last edited:
If big 'TEX' doesn't want to share his nickname with a girly change it to something more suitable, like 'ELTON' or 'MOLLY'.

The Tigers are not a consistent team...just a flash in the pan like the dogs. If anything the last 2 years have cheapened what it means to be premiers. The VFL have managed to turned the comp into a chook raffle.
I'm actually not bitter...well done to the Tigers....they took a leaf out of Steve Bradbury's book and kept standing while others fell over their own feet.
Lost by less than the Tigers when you played on our home ground.
I'd suggest you just quietly enjoy the 3 home finals you were gifted under VFL rules after finishing 3rd on the ladder.
Whilst I have defended Walker's position in this matter as reasonable, and acknowledge that most Crows supporters have been magnanimous in defeat, some like you have been extremely poor losers and insist that if Richmond supporters don't agree that our premiership victory was illegitimate, we're being arrogant trolls.

Just to enlighten you, no AFL premiership has ever been won in April.
The swans lost their first 7 games, but were one of the favourites going into the finals.
The Tigers did not Bradbury the finals, they brought extreme pressure to all of their finals, as they had done in their games preceding the finals. It was one of the most dominant finals series this century. The Crows also have an elite pressure game, but one they didn't bring to the Grand Final. When I saw them play the Tigers in April, I thought they were awesome and had their name written all over 2017. I was really excited for my Crows supporting friends. Richmond obviously learned from that game. I'm reading 'Yellow and Black' atm and will be very interested to learn what changed between when they played the Crows in April and September. I think it will turn out that in the months in-between they improved their pressure game especially in the forward 1/2. They also became a very settled team. I expect that the Crows Hierarchy will also learn from their loss to the Tigers, beyond flat earth type conspiracy theories.

In recent years I've grown to respect the Adelaide crowd. I think they're generally good sports. Although a few were good naturedly trolling me during and after the game that they smashed us, which was fair enough, and I had to cop it on the chin, with a grin, as they won fair and square and were just awesome, like the Tigers were in the Grand Final. I for one, can't wait until round 2 (I think) when the Crows play the Tigers in Adelaide.

Whilst I have defended Walker's position in this matter as reasonable, and acknowledge that most Crows supporters have been magnanimous in defeat, some like you have been extremely poor losers and insist that if Richmond supporters don't agree that our premiership victory was illegitimate, we're being arrogant trolls.

Just to enlighten you, no AFL premiership has ever been won in April.
The swans lost their first 7 games, but were one of the favourites going into the finals.
The Tigers did not Bradbury the finals, they brought extreme pressure to all of their finals, as they had done in their games preceding the finals. It was one of the most dominant finals series this century. The Crows also have an elite pressure game, but one they didn't bring to the Grand Final. When I saw them play the Tigers in April, I thought they were awesome and had their name written all over 2017. I was really excited for my Crows supporting friends. Richmond obviously learned from that game. I'm reading 'Yellow and Black' atm and will be very interested to learn what changed between when they played the Crows in April and September. I think it will turn out that in the months in-between they improved their pressure game especially in the forward 1/2. They also became a very settled team. I expect that the Crows Hierarchy will also learn from their loss to the Tigers, beyond flat earth type conspiracy theories.

In recent years I've grown to respect the Adelaide crowd. I think they're generally good sports. Although a few were good naturedly trolling me during and after the game that they smashed us, which was fair enough, and I had to cop it on the chin, with a grin, as they won fair and square and were just awesome, like the Tigers were in the Grand Final. I for one, can't wait until round 2 (I think) when the Crows play the Tigers in Adelaide.
Yeah, yeah...your such a good sport and a gentleman your posting on a thread frequented by meat heads, attempting to troll the Adelaide captain.

There is no moral high ground here.

I've also never stated Richmond didn't play very well over the finals series.

Like most around here you confuse seperate issues as an attack on your teams performance....which any idiot could point out is unwarranted.

Thanks for that, not surprised to hear this fact at all. Mr Taylor is a very salty man, fortunately his laughable pettiness hasn't affected the team in a big game yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back