- finished as a player
- can't jump over a jam tin
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros
- cheap Adelaide will pay most of wage
- great leadership likeable fellow
- a forward who actually has forward craft can lead back peddle dumbie lead
- only have to look at Tom Hawkins who was finished 2 years ago how quick it can turn around for tex

Should we have a go at Tex walker?
Now I know what everyone is going to say
- finished as a player
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros
- only have to look at Tom Hawkins who was finished 2 years ago how quick it can turn around for tex
Definitely a no from me! His best is almost certainly well behind him. His "sook act" after the 2017 Grand Final loss was not good, and he's had a few of them over the years, so I'm not sure about his "great leadership"! Adelaide are sh**, they could really do with him making an on-field contribution, and it's not happening!

I think Hawkins (8x geelong leading goalkicker) is a class above Walker (3 x Adelaide leading goalkicker).

Two years ago Hawkins kicked 60 goals and was in the AA forty man squad...

- finished as a player
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros

Thanks for the question Derek, I'll run it by Ned but I doubt (hopefully) Ned will continue with poor trade ins the Collingwood way.

- finished as a player
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros

Let's say you could get him out of Adelaide and he passed a medical at the club. And let's say he's not completely mentally scarred by his experiences at the Crows, which were many and not limited to on field experiences. Lets say then that the club allowed him to just be a member of the club, no leadership expectations and just be one of the boys, what could we reasonably expect? 30-40 goals?

Its probably money better invested elsewhere?

If he is costing us nothing and willing to accept minimum pay, then I would sign Tex.

I think a forward line of Mihochek, Kelly and Tex could function well in 2021.

Even though Tex is not the player he once was, he would be a walk up into our side at the moment.... I thought he looked in good touch when we played them a few weeks ago.

Even though Tex is not the player he once was, he would be a walk up into our side at the moment.... I thought he looked in good touch when we played them a few weeks ago.

He had 9 touches and three marks against a backline that had no Moore or Howe in it... Cameron had 15 touches 9 marks and kicked 2 goals in his 2nd game, must have seemed like the second coming of wayne carey...

He had 9 touches and three marks against a backline that had no Moore or Howe in it... Cameron had 15 touches 9 marks and kicked 2 goals in his 2nd game, must have seemed like the second coming of wayne carey...

Mayne had 24 touches tonight, he must have been in the bests!

I know our ball movement is horrific, but you can't ignore that Adelaide only had 30 inside 50's against us, the ball didn't go down there. I felt whenever he was near the ball, he looked dangerous - Yes this was on Lynden Dunn....Point noted.

I think he would be a better forward option than both Cox and Cameron, which is not hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at walkers last game. He actively moved away from contests, from tackling... He may have lost complete confidence but he doesnt seem desperate to want to turn that around. His nomination as best captain in previous years by the players reminded me of the ryan lonie put down. He wastes his height and bulk so you end up with a josh thomas without the chasing. Downhill skier.

- finished as a player
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros

Absolutely no, no, no way.........

- finished as a player
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros

No.

Beyond washed up.

- finished as a player
- damaged mentally
- rubbish contested mark
The pros
I thought this at the start of the year. Why not give it a crack while Kellys learns his craft. He would be better than Cox, that for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back