Tex walker worth a shot?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a yes from me, needs to play pure FF to be effective, has been playing up the ground a bit the last 2 years and it doesn't suit him. Anyway, Bucks would just try and turn him into a defender so it would be pointless

If he came cheap, then maybeeee. Kicked 43 goals last year in a weak side, and still manages a goal a game in one of the most dysfunctional teams over the last few years. He's still got a couple of years left if utilised well, and he's an actual forward, not a ruck! Feel like his field kicking would be really damaging alongside JDG, as we often mis-hit him on the lead.

Those are the positives. The negatives are... well, they exist. He applies Varcoe-like pressure because his body is cooked, can't really snag marks anymore, and struggles to get on the field. Also, blokes with his frame don't age too well. Not sure what his locker-room presence is like either.

I'd be leaning no, as I would rather someone else, but if we snagged him for nothing then maybe.

This cant be a serious question
Apparently we don’t have enough forwards that never touch the footy. We must consider the possibility that the OP may be coming down from an acid trip. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a tall flanker
Not strong overhead not big enough
Plays like checkers ( robust flanker)

We need a bit up forward who can take a grab convert and lead
Fev type
Jakovich
A guy with goal sense

We will be a better team if and when degoey can play mid
Get a forward
(Sexton)
Get a goal kicker
Ronke

I would give him a Go but nothing Higher then a 2nd Round Pick
BAHAHAHAH 2nd round pick.

If we get him, it'd be for nothing more than a bag of Atomic Tomato Samboys.

That being said, if hes willing to be the "Lynden Dunn of the forward line" for a year, only getting a game when absolutely desperate and potentially taking an off field leadership role with the view of coaching (not necessarily with us) - I'd give him a go.

Lets not forget, for all of the issues that Adelaide have had, he was still a captain of a team that made a Grand Final.

Only problem is the reduction of playing list size, if this happens, I wouldn't be comfortable having him on the list of a person who can contribute weekly.

I wouldn’t offer him a 2 year deal and I can’t see him leaving Adelaide for a 1 year budget deal. which is still a no from me

I'd rather even look at 2 metre Peter and which I'd rather we develop Kelly.

I'd really consider looking at Jezza Cameron, but we don't have cap space of draft picks for a player who'll obviously ask more than we can afford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back