Tex walker worth a shot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe because I'm in the country, member of the SSAA & have a 10 acre property?

No issues at all.

EDIT: have you had issues?

Cat A B license, SSAA member, game license, 250 acre hunting property....

Ive tried to buy 3 firearms this year.... 0 success

In April I put a deposit down for an Adler b230 tactical straight pull... Before PTA can be approved initial lockdown happened when all sales, ammunition etc PTA's were suspended....

A few months later....

I also needed a .223 and .308 so i played it smart got my PTA's before i found the rifles.... BANG stage 4 restrictions.... pta's arrive in mail on tuesday 4/8 (issued 31/7) so 28 days later they both expire tommorow..

Cat A B license, SSAA member, game license, 250 acre hunting property....

Ive tried to buy 3 firearms this year.... 0 success

In April I put a deposit down for an Adler b230 tactical straight pull... Before PTA can be approved initial lockdown happened when all sales, ammunition etc PTA's were suspended....

A few months later....

I also needed a .223 and .308 so i played it smart got my PTA's before i found the rifles.... BANG stage 4 restrictions.... pta's arrive in mail on tuesday 4/8 (issued 31/7) so 28 days later they both expire tommorow..
Doesn't make sense.

How many guns do you own? I only had 3 before this year & de comished my useless air rifle I bought in the trading post 35 yrs ago.

Then bought the 3 new ones.

Also, I have no criminal history, too smart/dumb luck lol

Has anyone actually thought about how our club has fallen off the cliff so far, that we have a thread questioning a chance on Tex Walker?

I mean we're 5 pages in and all I can think of is that the discussion is worthy vs Cameron / Cox. Think about that - it's actual reasonable debate that he could do better than what we've got.

Does this give anyone confidence that we're still in the window? You can't make this sh1t up! Only @ Collingwood FMD :mad:

Doesn't make sense.

How many guns do you own? I only had 3 before this year & de comished my useless air rifle I bought in the trading post 35 yrs ago.

Then bought the 3 new ones.

Also, I have no criminal history, too smart/dumb luck lol

One or two.

With the shotgun all PTA's, firearm and ammunition transactions were suspended during the first lockdown.

I applied for two PTA's later which were approved for two hunting rifles, however the permit's arrived after stage 4 began (due to auspost) and expire on the 29 august (in 45 minutes).

ok..who else then?
Brown
Wright
Cameron
dixon
daniher
Schache
casboult
Finlayson (My pick- should come cheapish and still young)

Hell I’d even go
Hogan
McCarthy over walker.

or find a defender and move Moore forward, Allir alir, McDonald etc

any of them are potentially gettable. Anything but Walker. Kelly will play over him next year thanks.

worst case we go with kelly, checkers, degoey, with Stevo and Elliot. it won’t be cox and Cameron.

One or two.

With the shotgun all PTA's, firearm and ammunition transactions were suspended during the first lockdown.

I applied for two PTA's later which were approved for two hunting rifles, however the permit's arrived after stage 4 began (due to auspost) and expire on the 29 august (in 45 minutes).
Not sure why you've had probs.

I've just gone into Trelly's Shepparton & bought my guns, showed them my license & then waited 1 to 3 weeks for approval. Then simply gone back in & picked them up once approved, they handle everything.

Brown
Wright
Cameron
dixon
daniher
Schache
casboult

Hell I’d even go
Hogan
McCarthy over walker.

any of them are potentially gettable. Anything but Walker. Kelly will play over him next year thanks.

worst case we go with kelly, checkers, degoey, with Stevo and Elliot. it won’t be cox and Cameron.

lets be realists..

Brown - tick (will be a massive price in $$ and picks)
Wright - tick (my preference based on cost vs potential)
Cameron - wont happen. cost is too much.
dixon - wont happen...and underachiever
daniher - wont happen.
Schache - pass. he is a bust.
casboult - after jesse white and cox I'm not sure he'd survive the BF pies board.
Finlayson - he is a 3rd tall / foil not a genuine no 1. he needs cameron to be effective.
Hogan - if it was 2018 Hogan yep but that's a massive risk. he'd have to be a throwaway pick. imo he wouldnt last in the pies media bubble.
McCarthy - he is a bust. pass.

we arent winning a in flag before pendles retires with Kelly, checkers, degoey, Stevo, Elliot as the forward line.

I'm not arguing Walker hasnt been overated for a long time but this not about what he cant do. its about him getting 3 - 4 shots at goal a game playing out of the square. he is going to get at least that in our forward line.

Brown
Wright
Cameron
dixon
daniher
Schache
casboult

Hell I’d even go
Hogan
McCarthy over walker.

Actually ANY of those names you've mentioned would be better than Cox / Cameron. That's how bad our situation is.

Could Walker be to one Mihocek or Will Kelly what Dermott was in 95 for Sav?

A leader? A winner?

Who has Walker developed at the Crows? Fogarty seems to have gone backwards.

Speaking of which.... is Fogarty gettable? I'd much rather a player with upside over washed up failed leaders of the worst team in the competition.

A leader? A winner?

Who has Walker developed at the Crows? Fogarty seems to have gone backwards.

Speaking of which.... is Fogarty gettable? I'd much rather a player with upside over washed up failed leaders of the worst team in the competition.
I'd love to try and rescue Fogarty. Such a sweet kick of the footy, and doesn't shy away from throwing his big frame around. He's still only 20, and Adelaide keep pissing around with him (playing him as a defender in the SANFL, bringing him back as a forward). I feel like he can be genuinely really good.

Still very very young. Younger than Ben Brown was as a debutant in 2014, lol.

lets be realists..

Brown - tick (will be a massive price in $$ and picks)
Wright - tick (my preference based on cost vs potential)
Cameron - wont happen. cost is too much.
dixon - wont happen...and underachiever
daniher - wont happen.
Schache - pass. he is a bust.
casboult - after jesse white and cox I'm not sure he'd survive the BF pies board.
Finlayson - he is a 3rd tall / foil not a genuine no 1. he needs cameron to be effective.
Hogan - if it was 2018 Hogan yep but that's a massive risk. he'd have to be a throwaway pick. imo he wouldnt last in the pies media bubble.
McCarthy - he is a bust. pass.

we arent winning a in flag before pendles retires with Kelly, checkers, degoey, Stevo, Elliot as the forward line.

I'm not arguing Walker hasnt been overated for a long time but this not about what he cant do. its about him getting 3 - 4 shots at goal a game playing out of the square. he is going to get at least that in our forward line.

I agree we need to be realistic, which is why walker is a huge NO. I’ve watched him this year, his body is shot. Even if you wanted him, for him to leave adel he would want 2 year deal, no way I’d offer him that.

It’s unfortunate how we find ourselves in the situation. The need for a good genuine KPF was highlighted even last night, Hawkins again proved the different whilst doggies lacked that marking power in the end, and Bruce well geeze...

We also saw eagles completely screwed once kennedy went down, ruined their sctructure.

If you take Dixon, Hawkins, Lynch, Kennedy out, Port,geel, rich, eagles would not be top 4. They are that invaluable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came in here to post the standard no way response, then looked at the stats.

He kicked 43 goals 22 at over 5 marks a game only last year. That's better than anything we've had from a kpf since Cloke's 2013 season.

Even at his best, he was vastly overrated, but he's still better than anything we have and could allow Checkers to play his natural 2nd tall role and do real damage.

Either way, I think we need to commit to recruiting a kpp with our top pick this year and if we can get Hogan for a reasonable price, I'd prefer him to Walker (he's hit a bump, but he's got all the tools to be a monster). But we need someone now given the position of the list. If that's a stop gap, who cares.

Whose spot on the list is he taking? Broomhead's? I can live with that.

Not sure why you've had probs.

I've just gone into Trelly's Shepparton & bought my guns, showed them my license & then waited 1 to 3 weeks for approval. Then simply gone back in & picked them up once approved, they handle everything.

I live in Melbourne. We are not allowed to go the gun store. If we do risk it, it's closed. Can't buy firearms online.

If any of our KPF's could be as productive as Dermy was with us (2 goals a game and 10 touches) I think we'd be a happy bunch, compared to what we've been getting

I'd be happy to see someone replicate the accidental tricep extension on ross smith's jaw, probably the funniest striking report ive ever seen

Given the lack of KPF I’ll take whatever we can get as long as they don’t cost a lot in terms of $ and pick.

Tex has kicked 400 goals, if he wants to come and try and rejuvenate his career on a good deal, fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back