Recommitted Tex Walker [Signed for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Article out today saying he been offered a 2 year deal by a club in the premiership window. Any ideas who? I just don't see which club needs a FF to take the next step. My guess is his manager has started the rumour to get a new deal moving, unlikely he would want to move interstate and no way would he play for Port.

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I think all of Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Fremantle and maybe St Kilda would be interested in a key forward to perform immediately.
Brisbane haven't got the cash. Might lose McStay because of that. Definitely won't be chasing free agents.

Brisbane haven't got the cash. Might lose McStay because of that. Definitely won't be chasing free agents.

His primary motivation may not be money though. Every chance he's moving in pursuit of a flag and willing to take less to land in a more favorable location.

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Fremantle. They’ve got the weakest forward line out of all the candidates and Lobb won’t be there next year. Plus they’ve come out and promised a flag and 3 top 4 finishes by 2025.

I think all of Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Fremantle and maybe St Kilda would be interested in a key forward to perform immediately.

We need a ruck and a key back desperately we are good for key forwards. Brisbane would be keen though.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Why? 61 men have kicked 500+ and he’s one of them. He’s not the worst player on that list and if anything he’s underachieved for what he could’ve been.
Being suspended for racist language would turn supporters off at a lot of clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Article out today saying he been offered a 2 year deal by a club in the premiership window. Any ideas who? I just don't see which club needs a FF to take the next step. My guess is his manager has started the rumour to get a new deal moving, unlikely he would want to move interstate and no way would he play for Port.
It’s funny that noise happens when negotiations are happening.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Being suspended for racist language would turn supporters off at a lot of clubs
Maybe, but does it really matter if the guy is kicking bags on a rookie contract?

Would signing him actually prevent supporters from buying memberships or attending games?

The guy is still a very good footballer who hasn’t shown too many signs of slowing down - clubs in the window would be silly not to consider bringing him in.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Maybe, but does it really matter if the guy is kicking bags on a rookie contract?

Would signing him actually prevent supporters from buying memberships or attending games?

The guy is still a very good footballer who hasn’t shown too many signs of slowing down - clubs in the window would be silly not to consider bringing him in.
So...... Tex to Carlton then?

#Texit

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Looks like Tex is staying.

Would have been wrong seeing him in another teams colours imo

I actually think Tex's team did really well to gin up as much interest in his contract status in media terms as they did. Imo he was never ever going to leave and it was all about getting the best contract he could.

Now, he is one of the rare breed of players that took a pay cut a while back to help the club so I have no beef if the club offers him the year with simple triggers for a 2nd on decent coin. He is still our best forward by a distance in terms of onfield performance

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I actually think Tex's team did really well to gin up as much interest in his contract status in media terms as they did. Imo he was never ever going to leave and it was all about getting the best contract he could.

Now, he is one of the rare breed of players that took a pay cut a while back to help the club so I have no beef if the club offers him the year with simple triggers for a 2nd on decent coin. He is still our best forward by a distance in terms of onfield performance

he didn't take a pay cut, he just restructured to backload. I think it's poor form from a leader to be pressuring the club publicly. But he's just doing what he did last year and Thommo before him. And Sloane next year.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The most elite racist in the system and probably a still a top ten player in the competition for impact and talent. One of those rare players where he'd lift a rebuilding side or help a team to a flag break through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back