News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Club should challenge the Gibbs fine, Selwood went down like a sack of s**t.

Walker 1 week exactly as I predicted

Also Selwood was also running towards Gibbs so is Gibbs expected to just let Selwood hit him? Oh wait, I forgot, Geelong rules say of course he should.

Christian graded Walker’s actions as “careless conduct with medium impact to the head”.

As expected it wasn't intentional but careless (as ball was in play), however, medium impact????.......Tuohy played the rest of the game (and had a good game), unless he will miss next week??? Dodgy medical report here???? It was low impact so no suspension.

Im fine with the 1 week for Tex but it's laughable that Gibbs gets a 2k fine for Selwood running into him and engaging in the contact. Should challenge that.

Yep this ^ - a week seems about right, no problem with it. But the Gibbs fine? Outrageous - need to fight that one.

Christian graded Walker’s actions as “careless conduct with medium impact to the head”.

As expected it wasn't intentional but careless (as ball was in play), however, medium impact????.......Tuohy played the rest of the game (and had a good game), unless he will miss next week??? Dodgy medical report here???? It was low impact so no suspension.

More likely/possibly delayed concussion. He certainly looked groggy just after the collision.

Tex getting 1 week isn't the outrage. Gibbs got a fine for Selwood going down like a sack of sh*t. Unbelievable.
Had to fine Gibbs. Otherwise they're admitting the unthinkable: That Selwood is a diving, staging campaigner

We should challenge the Gibbs fine, absolute garbage by a diving piece of ****. He didn't deserve the free kick for a dangerous tackle later on either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im fine with the 1 week for Tex but it's laughable that Gibbs gets a 2k fine for Selwood running into him and engaging in the contact. Should challenge that.
Agreed, but it still sticks in my craw that Cotchin can cannonball into a dudes head and knock him out and nothing comes of it, or Selwood can land a flying elbow to the back of Mitchell’s head and nothing comes of it. Consistency is all I want, and we still don’t have it... and the Gibbs fine is utterly ridiculous. Must appeal.

Great result with Tex only getting 1 week, much better than I thought. Would be curious to see what the loading would have been had Tuohy been KO'd.

Gibbs getting anything is super soft, guessing he winded Selwood but that was just a bump in the sweet spot, don't see the issue.

I would challenge both Gibbs and Tex at the tribunal

Zac didn’t even want to come off and was ready to go again 5 min after being forced off, the grading should have been low impact
It would be interesting to see other incidents that have been deemed medium impact compared to Tex’s. I thought he’d get a week as soon as he did it, given Touhy looked concussed. But once he came back on and played with seemingly no ill effects, I got optimistic about Tex’s chances of getting off.

2k for Gibb's love tap? They're setting the game up for the women to play. Unbelievable!:mad:

Murphy cited and assessed for dangerous tackle?! I assume thats the one where Selwood employed the Steeplechase lessons Blicavs had given him and tried to jump over the tackle which was what caused the action?

It would be interesting to see other incidents that have been deemed medium impact compared to Tex’s. I thought he’d get a week as soon as he did it, given Touhy looked concussed. But once he came back on and played with seemingly no ill effects, I got optimistic about Tex’s chances of getting off.
Just had a quick look and Gray was suspended for a week for careless, medium impact when he knocked out McGovern with the following hit.

98E7B286-BFB8-496E-B2FC-B28095EF24CE.jpeg

Plus, Natanui got a week for careless, medium impact to head for his tackle that concussed Amon. While there does seem to be a provision to upgrade a charge from low to medium impact if there was potential for serious injury, I’ve got a feeling that Tex might be the first to get done for medium impact to the head where there wasn’t a concussion to the opposition player...

Back