Thank Admin and Mods here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a confession to make and I implore you to please bare with me as this isn't easy for me to confess.

I'm currently sitting on 4 infraction points. I understand that I'll receive a suspension should I receive one more.

Initially I was angry, not at myself but at those Moderators for whom deemed it necessary to award me an infraction. I was in a deep and dark place feeling very bitter about my situation.

However on reflection, I have come to realise that I am at fault and to blame. It has been an enlightening experience and one which as a Bigfooty poster, has enabled me to grow.

I attribute this directly to the guidance and feedback I have received from Moderators, in particular a Moderator from a Victorian-based team. By following the examples of Moderators, I feel I've been able to take ownership of my former D/H ways and I am a better poster and person for this experience.

I have a confession to make and I implore you to please bare with me as this isn't easy for me to confess.

I'm currently sitting on 4 infraction points. I understand that I'll receive a suspension should I receive one more.

Initially I was angry, not at myself but at those Moderators for whom deemed it necessary to award me an infraction. I was in a deep and dark place feeling very bitter about my situation.

However on reflection, I have come to realise that I am at fault and to blame. It has been an enlightening experience and one which as a Bigfooty poster, has enabled me to grow.

I attribute this directly to the guidance and feedback I have received from Moderators, in particular a Moderator from a Victorian-based team. By following the examples of Moderators, I feel I've been able to take ownership of my former D/H ways and I am a better poster and person for this experience.
Well said friend. I also thank the Moderators for perma-banning my original account where I managed to win the 'Official 2013 BigFooty Tipping Competition', denying me my badge and premium BigFooty membership, and forcing me to become yet another bland elias floggo. I feel that was exactly the kick I needed to improve my posting, and now I stand before you as one of the top-tier posters on not only BigFooty, but the entire internet, and I owe all that to the Moderators and Admins of BigFooty.

That's just beautiful my friend

Well said friend. I also thank the Moderators for perma-banning my original account where I managed to win the 'Official 2013 BigFooty Tipping Competition', denying me my badge and premium BigFooty membership, and forcing me to become yet another bland elias floggo. I feel that was exactly the kick I needed to improve my posting, and now I stand before you as one of the top-tier posters on not only BigFooty, but the entire internet, and I owe all that to the Moderators and Admins of BigFooty.
Harsh lesson, but the restraint you show towards our Moderators given the circumstances should be applauded.

Well done and happy posting :)

Thanks for your honesty Robbert. I'm sure you can now see that being perma-banned and not receiving your premium membership has enabled you to grow into the poster you are today.

It reminds me of an experience I had during a Gameday Thread between Adelaide vs Carlton. I'm not sure if you are aware of the standards of what is acceptable on the Bay 13 Robbert, but generally they are fair more relaxed than other Boards.

Anyhow, Adelaide were trailing Carlton and I made the comment 'it looks like the Crows played their Grand Final last week'. I was of course referring to Adelaide defeating Port the week before.

I was Thread-banned for this comment. The Moderator (in only his 2nd or 3rd week as a Mod) told me something along the lines of "I don't know why but something tells me that you are better than that nonsense".

Now, the ordinary poster might find such a statement condescending, demeaning or an abuse of authority for such a nonchalant comment. Especially given the Moderator's junior status.

However I decided that if I needed to improve my posting, I should follow the instructions of this Mod, who for whatever reason, saw something in my posting ability.

I'm happy to report that following this experience, the same Moderator was part of the Moderator Panel that elected me the 14th best Bay 13 Poster in 2015. This was one of the proudest moments of my Bigfooty career and life in general. Even now my eyes swell with tears of pride knowing that I made the right decision following the advice of this Moderator

Last edited:
Thanks for your honesty Robbert. I'm sure you can now see that being perma-banned and not receiving your premium membership has enabled you to grow into the poster you are today.

It reminds me of an experience I had during a Gameday Thread between Adelaide vs Carlton. I'm not sure if you are aware of the standards of what is acceptable on the Bay 13 Robbert, but generally they are fair more relaxed than other Boards.

Anyhow, Adelaide were trailing Carlton and I made the comment 'it looks like the Crows played their Grand Final last week'. I was of course referring to Adelaide defeating Port the week before.

I was Thread-banned for this comment. The Moderator (in only his 2nd or 3rd week as a Mod) told me something along the lines of "I don't know why but something tells me that you are better than that nonsense".

Now, the ordinary poster might find such a statement condescending, demeaning or an abuse of authority for such a nonchalant comment. Especially given the Moderator's junior status.

However I decided that if I needed to improve my posting, I should follow the instructions of this Mod, who for whatever reason, saw something in my posting ability.

I'm happy to report that following this experience, the same Moderator was part of the Moderator Panel that elected me the 14th best Bay 13 Poster in 2015. This was one of the proudest moments of my Bigfooty career and life in general. Even now my eyes swell with tears of pride knowing that I made the right decision following the advice of this Moderator

You're full of s**t Porky - it was the Crows vs Suns.

I have no regrets :)

You're full of s**t Porky - it was the Crows vs Suns.

I have no regrets :)
That's why you're one of the best Moderators on the site, the attention to detail is very impressive.

Although your language is a little colourful the point, if valid, just shows the dedication you and your follow peers show to the cause.

Congratulations and happy Modding :thumbsu:

Porky, clear AWOTY
I'm sorry you've misunderstood the premise of this thread bebe.

This isn't a Bay 13 thread, so unless you have something positive to say about our Admin/Mods I politely suggest you take your trolling elsewhere.

I hope you understand and happy posting :thumbsu:

I'm sorry you've misunderstood the premise of this thread bebe.

This isn't a Bay 13 thread, so unless you have something positive to say about our Admin/Mods I politely suggest you take your trolling elsewhere.

I hope you understand and happy posting :thumbsu:
And cheers to the mods :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry Porked friend. Think of infraction points as a mistake/failure. It's often through our failures and mistakes that we learn a lot about ourselves. In fact, such things make us even stronger people, and in turn, stronger posters.

So take heart friend. I received my first 3 infraction points about 2 months ago. I've never looked back and now see myself as a more elite poster than ever before. :rainbow:

#infractionpointshelpyougrow

What beautiful and inspiring words friend Yidaki :):rainbow:

I have come to welcome my infractions and the advice I have received from Joseph as the turning point in my posting career. I am definitely a stronger and more wholesome poster as a result. I hope one day I can become a junior Mod too.

Friend I think you might be selling yourself short. I have always seen you as a far more than elite poster. I'm glad you have been able to turning your infraction points into a positive experience friend, maybe one day in the future you too could become a Moderator :thumbsu::rainbow:

What beautiful and inspiring words friend Yidaki :):rainbow:

I have come to welcome my infractions and the advice I have received from Joseph as the turning point in my posting career. I am definitely a stronger and more wholesome poster as a result. I hope one day I can become a junior Mod too.

Friend I think you might be selling yourself short. I have always seen you as a far more than elite poster. I'm glad you have been able to turning your infraction points into a positive experience friend, maybe one day in the future you too could become a Moderator :thumbsu::rainbow:

Thank you for your kind words Porked friend. :) I am humbled by them. However, as I said earlier, I think I can work on myself to become a better poster. There's always room for improvement. All of us should be encouraged by our mistakes because they can be the catalyst for great change.

The Bigfooty community is a large one so it is up to us all to become better posters so that we can participate together in discussion at a more enhanced level. Often posters beat themselves up when they receive infraction points instead of seeing them as a mistake and asking themselves what they could do better next time around.

Friend, I believe you could be a moderator now. You are a fantastic poster who writes eloquently with direction and purpose. The Bigfooty moderating group and Chief would be lucky to have a poster like yourself keeping this large family that we call Bigfooty together.

On a personal level, maybe one day I could be a moderator; however, I will leave it up to the gods. If it is to happen it will, but if not then I will be fine with that too. I am happy to be just your regular poster who contributes to our Bigfooty family. :)

Thank you for your kind words Porked friend. :) I am humbled by them. However, as I said earlier, I think I can work on myself to become a better poster. There's always room for improvement. All of us should be encouraged by our mistakes because they can be the catalyst for great change.

The Bigfooty community is a large one so it is up to us all to become better posters so that we can participate together in discussion at a more enhanced level. Often posters beat themselves up when they receive infraction points instead of seeing them as a mistake and asking themselves what they could do better next time around.

Friend, I believe you could be a moderator now. You are a fantastic poster who writes eloquently with direction and purpose. The Bigfooty moderating group and Chief would be lucky to have a poster like yourself keeping this large family that we call Bigfooty together.

On a personal level, maybe one day I could be a moderator; however, I will leave it up to the gods. If it is to happen it will, but if not then I will be fine with that too. I am happy to be just your regular poster who contributes to our Bigfooty family. :)
Simply beautiful posting friend :):thumbsu:

Excuse me friend Yidaki as a wipe the tears from my eyes from reading such eloquent and beautiful posting :):cry::thumbsu:

I'm touched by your opinion that I could one-day become a Mod but alas I don't think I'm suitable; an injured back from years ago will prevent me from giving 'likes' to my fellow Mods. I understand that an integral part of being a Mod is liking each post your fellow Moderator makes and my ruptured c-4 simply could not cope with this constant extension.

Your words resonate with so much truth. When I was initially Thread-banned from saying 'it looks like the Crows played their Grand Final the week before', I blamed the Moderator in charge. However on reflection, I have come to realise that I should be following this Moderator's advice. Especially when he told me to take my male anatomy out of another posters mouth last week when I was praising another poster; a post that gained him more than 10 likes! If I follow this Moderator's lead and make similar witty and humorous comments, maybe one-day I can have a 10:1 + like ratio!! We really are blessed and privileged to have such esteemed role-models who uphold strong societal morals.

Friend Yidaki I think you are selling yourself way too short. Along with RIOLIUSTAR and Marto_, you are my favourite Bigfooty poster. Please don't classify yourself as a regular poster, you are in the very top echelon of Bigfooty posters. Even now I feel humbled and privileged to be posting alongside you :):thumbsu:

Simply beautiful posting friend :):thumbsu:
Isn't it just? Friend Yidaki would make simply a wonderful Mod one day :)

Excuse me friend Yidaki as a wipe the tears from my eyes from reading such eloquent and beautiful posting :):cry::thumbsu:

I'm touched by your opinion that I could one-day become a Mod but alas I don't think I'm suitable; an injured back from years ago will prevent me from giving 'likes' to my fellow Mods. I understand that an integral part of being a Mod is liking each post your fellow Moderator makes and my ruptured c-4 simply could not cope with this constant extension.

Your words resonate with so much truth. When I was initially Thread-banned from saying 'it looks like the Crows played their Grand Final the week before', I blamed the Moderator in charge. However on reflection, I have come to realise that I should be following this Moderator's advice. Especially when he told me to take my male anatomy out of another posters mouth last week when I was praising another poster; a post that gained him more than 10 likes! If I follow this Moderator's lead and make similar witty and humorous comments, maybe one-day I can have a 10:1 + like ratio!! We really are blessed and privileged to have such esteemed role-models who uphold strong societal morals.

Friend Yidaki I think you are selling yourself way too short. Along with RIOLIUSTAR and Marto_, you are my favourite Bigfooty poster. Please don't classify yourself as a regular poster, you are in the very top echelon of Bigfooty posters. Even now I feel humbled and privileged to be posting alongside you :):thumbsu:

Now I'm the one who had to wipe away the tears from my face friend :):cry:. I'm honoured to be considered as one of your favourite posters Porked friend. To be honest, I am quite lost for words, so all I can say is thank you for considering me in your top posters group. You friend are already one of my favourite posters. In fact, if people don't have you as a their favourite poster, then I would question what they value in a poster and would strongly suggest that they re-evaluate their group of favourite posters. It is such a great privilege to be posting during the Porked era right alongside you friend. :thumbsu:

I for one am thankful to be on Bigfooty during the beginning of the Porked era. We are all lucky and better off for having a poster like yourself grace the boards of Bigfooty, particularly the Bay. Imagine if I were to sign up in 10 years time! :eek: I may have never known or read your work friend. Your work is why I believe you will be at 10:1 likes in no time and as such, will be a mod candidate in the very near future. I'm sorry about your back troubles friend, but don't worry about the like system. It really is only a new thing, so don't make that a criteria to prevent you from becoming one of the best mods on Bigfooty.

Take care friend.

Now I'm the one who had to wipe away the tears from my face friend :):cry:. I'm honoured to be considered as one of your favourite posters Porked friend. To be honest, I am quite lost for words, so all I can say is thank you for considering me in your top posters group. You friend are already one of my favourite posters. In fact, if people don't have you as a their favourite poster, then I would question what they value in a poster and would strongly suggest that they re-evaluate their group of favourite posters. It is such a great privilege to be posting during the Porked era right alongside you friend. :thumbsu:

I for one am thankful to be on Bigfooty during the beginning of the Porked era. We are all lucky and better off for having a poster like yourself grace the boards of Bigfooty, particularly the Bay. Imagine if I were to sign up in 10 years time! :eek: I may have never known or read your work friend. Your work is why I believe you will be at 10:1 likes in no time and as such, will be a mod candidate in the very near future. I'm sorry about your back troubles friend, but don't worry about the like system. It really is only a new thing, so don't make that a criteria to prevent you from becoming one of the best mods on Bigfooty.

Take care friend.
threw up a little.gif

I'm thinking a shift to the GD/Main Board of this thread to generate further Admin/Mod appreciation.

Chief I'd welcome your feedback and assistance however you if think it's a silly idea, I'm happy for this suggestion to slap into Neville's gloves.

No rush mate :thumbsu:

I wish I could be a moderator on BigFooty. Definitely a goal I'm striving towards in 2016.

Wishing everyone of my terrific BigFooty superiors a safe and happy new year.

I wish I could be a moderator on BigFooty. Definitely a goal I'm striving towards in 2016.

Wishing everyone of my terrific BigFooty superiors a safe and happy new year.
Great post Thomas.

In essence we all should strive to be moderators on bigfooty (posting quality will inevitably improve), but due time constraints or frankly stinking as posters, like for instance Jazny or boydshow , we all don't quite make it. ;)

This is why our Moderators should be applauded. It's an arduous process and one the Admin don't take lightly in who is worthy.

There's a reason this site is world class.

Please feel free to post any positive interaction with our Moderators in the future.

Happy Posting Thomas :):thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back