Thank God for Rawlings

Remove this Banner Ad

Moti.com

Senior List
May 10, 2001
Rooville
Had the same amount of possessions as Stevens (17), did four times as much with them. His effort was better than Stevo and Simpson combined. Nothing beats skills, and we couldn't today.
Hats off to Baird and Petrie when he was on, much better than Burton. Pagan was killed today, absolutely.
Next week, Bye bye to Byron, either Jase or Morrell and Sinclair.

Forgot Harding, he was awful. Has no defensive side to his game at all and jogs most of the game.
Agree with Danny, need something forward, might even be time to give a guy like Hale a go, saw him today and he has definately worked on his upper body, just about right.

Apart from Harvey, Makepeace and a couple of others the rest should hand their pay back. What is the go with King and Grant maybe a stint in the twos would do them good. Even the Captain has the yips. Is it just me or am I the only person that thinks if a guy gets 30 or so possessions that at least half of them should be effective.( read the name Simpson ) His lack of being able to hit a team mate is soooo frustrating.

I am very dissapointed with these reports, I went out, couldnt watch the game, come back- read the headline "Pies to strong for Kangas" I was expecting to lose..

But geees, I thought we would have given some type of effort? It appears not?

Go Roos

Originally posted by Moti.com

Next week, Bye bye to Byron, either Jase or Morrell and Sinclair

Jase? Is it more of a matter of still playing him out of position? I can see the logic in using at CHF for variety but far out, his most effective games are in defence. Play him there! I hope he's not played out of defence just to keep Leigh there.

Jess was ok. He had plenty of mates in the ****house stakes.

Forgot Harding, he was awful. Has no defensive side to his game at all and jogs most of the game.

Bit harsh. His shots on goal are becoming so frustrating but at least he has a bit of run and flair. Dunno about saying his has no defensive side, he has some pretty good tackles through the year. Again, he'd have quite a few mates in the crappy defence skills stakes..

Gee he impressed when he got his chance. His quick hands and vision to an unmarked player in space were exceptional. Dissapointed when he bombed long on one occasion to a no contest but he wasn't the lone ranger there. All you people out there who reckon we should trade him lay off. He is younger than any of these trade baits who have not proven themselves ....... McLaren, Sinclair, Bourke, Lange, Watt, Harding, Motlop, Tragenza, And Cooper. And you can throw Cochrane, Clayton, Morrel, Teague and Baird into that mix if you like.

Originally posted by stevo10
Gee he impressed when he got his chance. His quick hands and vision to an unmarked player in space were exceptional. Dissapointed when he bombed long on one occasion to a no contest but he wasn't the lone ranger there. All you people out there who reckon we should trade him lay off. He is younger than any of these trade baits who have not proven themselves ....... McLaren, Sinclair, Bourke, Lange, Watt, Harding, Motlop, Tragenza, And Cooper. And you can throw Cochrane, Clayton, Morrel, Teague and Baird into that mix if you like.

if you ask me he was our second best midfielder by a country mile, with sinclair after him

How come this was his first game for the year?
Rawlings is a good player. His kicking is a bit of a worry at times but hey this is North Melbourne.:)

All i can say it is pretty easy for rawlings to sit out on the wing and get an easy kick he wouldn,t no hard ball if it hit him.

We have had it to good for too long nows its our turn to be on in the lower part of the ladder and all use people just whinge and wine about thing that is just shizenhausen.

We have to get some forwards which hase been addressed by the club in recruiting David Hale but he would not be able to handle the real game not the easy stuff in the reserves.

Tregenza is a rookie and can not be selected but he is a bit of an unknown quantity as he had knee reconstruction after he arrived at the club and has only played about ten or eleven games for north.

Last and not least bag simpson or stevens one more time, that will be last thing you ever do because you are putting down everybody who buys a membership for North Melbourne so you are having a go at me so go and get well and truly F***ed.

Good Night

The Smiling Assassin

you can't have a team of people who go in and under...if anything we have too many of those types of players....it's good to see a tallish type player who can run all day in the team....someone to compliment simmo....

we already have robbins, harris, smith, stevens, grant(*cough*) who can do the in and unders....

I just believe that rawlings isnt the answer and that he has no idea on whats right and what isn,t.
We have to get a burst player and leigh harding is going to be great help with his pace around the packs .

But North has alot of work to do at the draft at the end of the year , the job has been started for the last two years everybody is very impatient when we were up for ten years.

Moti have a have good look at yourself.

The Smiling Assassin

jeez on the angry pills tonite! i think our young guns need to pull their socks up, harding has been woaful the last few games because he can't hang onto the bloody ball! then when he does get it he can't kick it straight!!!

meanwhile d.smith did nothing to suggest that he's going to be anything in the collingwood in the time he was on (which wasn't much to be fair to him)

i think rawlings was very good for his first game of the year (which is what you have to look at it as....you have to remember this is the first taste of AFL for a lot of these boys and it's quite a big step up from VFL footy....

i just hope they can develop more with more gametime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harding is the key

With Corey Jones due back soon, a marking option will arrive but in the meantime Harding has the pace to burn but ain't using it.

I'd have Harding running as a spare back man (five up forward)
then move and float on the wing and be creative as he should run through the lines. Nobody is doing this much apart from a streaming Boomer.

King should be played on the ball....attacking is the best type of footy we aspire to. Simmo as the effecient tagger and Shagga on the half forward flank most of the game. STUFF the over-rotating system, it's just a very negative / backward gameplan that doesn't help us win. IMO.

Need to blow the Saints off early otherwise Grant Thomas will have every chance to OUTCOACH us = another dumb loss:mad:

IMHO

Originally posted by woosha
All i can say it is pretty easy for rawlings to sit out on the wing and get an easy kick he wouldn,t no hard ball if it hit him.

if a couple more players had of sat out on the wings we may of stopped some more of collingwoods clearances from defence

We have had it to good for too long nows its our turn to be on in the lower part of the ladder and all use people just whinge and wine about thing that is just shizenhausen.

we were spoilt by having the king at north, and did not make backup plans for his demise be it now or thru injury later on. how many forwards did north give away to keep the chf spot vacant. Players like kingsly stevens welsh and even mckernan. who did we think would take his spot.

Last and not least bag simpson or stevens one more time, that will be last thing you ever do because you are putting down everybody who buys a membership for North Melbourne so you are having a go at me so go and get well and truly F***ed.

[/Bat last someone who speaks thier mind, we have had almost 9 yrs of success and at the first sign of severe failure you start calling for blood

if it was not for these valuable players showing there true shinboner spirit, the roos may as well pack up shop now.

you so called footy experts typing away at the keyboards, picking names out of a hat to be drafted to the club as the miracle cures for all the roos woes short term answers and hoping to pick up big name players in the draft wont work.

if we cant pay our current list on time FACT where are we gonna get money for pavlich or black etc. who would take our so called hacks in a trade if you dont think thier fit to be footballers?

quotes by The Smiling Assassin

agreeing wholeheartedly

mighty mick the devils advocate,

Originally posted by woosha

Don't agree with 'being our turn of being middle of the ladder team' Making the 8 is an achievement. I don't take it for granted. I believe we have a better squad than 10 other teams!
We don't have a big injury list....no excuses...just poor form atm.

We have to get some forwards which hase been addressed by the club in recruiting David Hale but he would not be able to handle the real game not the easy stuff in the reserves

Agree, but you gotta put the boys among the men to have them play like men....ie: Carey, Archer, Dermie !

I see all remained in the selected side this week.

Suffice to say, there is the proof that suggests that you know ABSOULTELY NOTHING about football.

If you hate the team that much, why on earth do you barrack for us?

You are a complete idiot.

:eek: ---------------------------------------:eek:

"Woops Mrs.Miggins, you're sitting on my artichokes"

Re: Re: Thank God for Rawlings

Originally posted by The Rewboy

I see all remained in the selected side this week.

Suffice to say, there is the proof that suggests that you know ABSOULTELY NOTHING about football.

If you hate the team that much, why on earth do you barrack for us?

You are a complete idiot.

:eek: ---------------------------------------:eek:

"Woops Mrs.Miggins, you're sitting on my artichokes"

Do you do anything other than bag other people and their opinions? If you hate what other people have to say so much why do you bother reading and replying to them?

collingwood the real deal so this loss isnt as bad as it may of seemed last week.

now after the saints game im sure youur tunes will change,

byron is an integral part of the team hes not a possion player but does enuf around the ground

well jason didnt have a choice but im glad he missed otherwise pagan would of kept him at chf and petrie may not got enuf game time, thank god he did cos next week petrie will be an immediate inclusion in the team.

digby and baird are just making it harder and harder to choose to be put back on the rookie list

and finally sinclair still finds himself around the ball enuf and playing better all the time.

so really moti is the difference in being beaten or winning a game that makes u pick players to drop, i see grant as doing us all a favour so he has no choice about being dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back