Review Thank Goodness That's Over vs Bullflogs

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
Thank goodness I had a function and couldn’t watch this game.

Excuse me while I go delete the recording and then set fire to my Foxtel box just to make sure.

Then it’s onto the liquor cabinet to drink myself into oblivion and forget this season ever happened. It worked for the Grand Final.

Hopefully when I wake up from my drunken stupor, it’ll be “Don who?”, “Nah mate, he’s long gone.”.

At the point where I just turn it off at half time and don't return.

We're predictable and you can tell early on if we're in chance or not. There's no come back or anything that changes.

This club is stale and is surely turning plenty of supporters off them with how they play.
Yeah, I only watched less than half of the game as most I have been disinterested in for a long time.... so can't comment on who played well.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
The post match on AA was really interesting. I know Rowey cops alot, but he absolutely nailed the sentiment of this board, in a measured, but succinct manner. Paricularly in calling out the issues with Chapman, the board, Roo, and Burton, and how this rolls down to the players and their performance.

Was also really interesting to hear all 3 of them (incuding Bicks) call out Chapman for his press conference earlier in the week where he essentially pre-determined the outcome of the review, and intimated that nothing is too wrong.

There was also a woman who called in who sounded like one of the apricot slice brigade, but was awesome in articulating how she and her hushband felt disprecpected by club, for how the are treated as paying members by the administration of the club. Also made some salient points around the inability of the club to properly develop players like WMj this year.

This basically confirms no major changes will get made.

Burton will stay. Ben Hart will stay.

I’m now expecting Pyke will become a scapegoat as early as Tuesday or Wednesday and get fired.

It seems the most likely scenario. Pyke isn’t one of the boys club, so he’s easy to get rid of.

If he goes, and Burton, Hart, Campo, Clarke et al stay, I will bloody spew.

I’m more than happy for us to give Pyke another shot IF we are putting a broom through the assistants.

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

"we just got into a bit of a funk, really"
Hmmmm.png

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Seems to be where it started.

"Our people" aren't the football club.

It will continue to be the Adelaide Football Club long after they're gone.

They think they are the club though.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The post match on AA was really interesting. I know Rowey cops alot, but he absolutely nailed the sentiment of this board, in a measured, but succinct manner. Paricularly in calling out the issues with Chapman, the board, Roo, and Burton, and how this rolls down to the players and their performance.

Was also really interesting to hear all 3 of them (incuding Bicks) call out Chapman for his press conference earlier in the week where he essentially pre-determined the outcome of the review, and intimated that nothing is too wrong.

There was also a woman who called in who sounded like one of the apricot slice brigade, but was awesome in articulating how she and her hushband felt disprecpected by club, for how the are treated as paying members by the administration of the club. Also made some salient points around the inability of the club to properly develop players like WMj this year.

When she started I thought to myself *here we go, here's another one*...She was actually really measured and really good. If supporters like her are starting to be disillusioned then this club is in a massive hole. The board, admin and football dept should be really worried.

Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
"Our people" aren't the football club.

It will continue to be the Adelaide Football Club long after they're gone.

They think they are the club though.
This is exactly it. They think they are the club.
They are currently hired there, custodians.

It's why I loved one of the many great Phil Walsh quotes or philosophies in his short time: "The club is for the fans and we move on"

It's what we were not about previously. He knew this as well as our other problems such as not being authentic, "spin free club". It's why he put them on the table.

We've gone back that way and worse.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
Wow. "those bloody useless players again hey".

The treatment of the players and supporters of this club by the board and football dept is unbelievable. It's like they are purposely trying to destroy the club and push players out the door.
The players and supporters are not their circle of trust. So attack them to protect ourselves.

All of this over time is some of the most shameful behaviour you can remember from the off field group at a club.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It seems the most likely scenario. Pyke isn’t one of the boys club, so he’s easy to get rid of.

If he goes, and Burton, Hart, Campo, Clarke et al stay, I will bloody spew.

I’m more than happy for us to give Pyke another shot IF we are putting a broom through the assistants.

Hart might get shifted to a player development role due to, “increased opportunities outside of the club”, but that will be the full extent of the broom. The GWS offer will be a ruse and Sauce will sign on for 2020 where he and ROB will be neck and neck during the preseason and Sauce will suit up in round 1. As will Mackay. There will be no change because these employees think there’s nothing wrong.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Gotta back the boys in

If Roo actually said that :mad: , he's got to go (ie it's further proof that he's got to go!).
Supporters do not have to back in duds like Burton/ Hass/ Hart/ Campo whose failures at their jobs is clear for all to see.
If they had any self-respect and love for the Club, they'd admit their deficiencies/incompetence and step away. Fat chance.

Back