Toast Thank you Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

Too late sadly. After North successfully employed width to go around the zone a week earlier - we should have planned for this Hawks response from the get-go.

Out web was set up poorly - too narrow and close to the boundary line - from the outset and it cost us the game by half way through the second quarter. Lack of intensity (where the bloody hell was the "time to hunt" mantra?!?!), defensive pressure, composure and skill execution compounded the strategic failure.

This was the saddest thing of the day.

Literally no effort, hunt, want, desire, pressure, what ever you want to call it!

So so sad to watch and I'm sure it will burn with the players until redemption (if it ever happens).

We had the gameplan, players and skills to beat Hawthorn, everyone knew that, we just didn't turn up. And we may never get such a great opportunity again.

Burn burn burn burn burn, I hope it burns.

The psychological and mental attitude of our players really needs to be worked on over summer.

Simpson is out of Contract ? he had a 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd year . Adelaide would/ should be making a play for him . Surprised Essondon Carlton didnt do a Ross lyin and come at Simmo
Not sure if serious but first two years 2014, 2015. Option of third 2016. So they're re signing him before he comes out of contract at the end of next year

Not sure if serious but first two years 2014, 2015. Option of third 2016. So they're re signing him before he comes out of contract at the end of next year
He did have a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd year 2016. Which I didnt realise was triggered at the end of last season so yes he is contracted til end of 2016 ... My mistake

Out web was set up poorly - too narrow and close to the boundary line - from the outset and it cost us the game by half way through the second quarter. Lack of intensity (where the bloody hell was the "time to hunt" mantra?!?!), defensive pressure, composure and skill execution compounded the strategic failure.
Made the hawks kick OOB a few times, I thought it was going ok. Remember we had more scoring shots in the first qtr. If we had put a few more through, our confidence may have got up, maybe the Hawks may have dropped off a bit with the scoreboard pressure and we may have won.

It was the fumbles and deer in headlights attitude that cost us. But yes, failed tackles and no pressure (lazy?) just sealed the deal.

my2c

sympathy liked

82173.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if this has been covered in another thread (apologies if it has), but it's fair to say Simmo needs a LOT of credit for Sam Mitchell's recruitment.

Even if we weren't able to get Sam over to play for a year or two, the fact we were at the front of the queue to get him in as an assistant coach is a huge benefit to the club. He would have been very sought after in coaching circles.

Mitch also mentioned Vozzo had done a lot of work to get this over the line as well. Thanks Simmo / Vozzo, nice to see the club at the forefront of innovation!

Hearing Simmo last night he is seething.

Bodes well.

Can expect a really good shake next season, regardless of the tough draw.

Urgh. Flashbacks to Simmos speech at the BnF 2016. Hoping his 'talk is cheap' line resounds with the boys this time around. Walk the walk boys.

Hearing Simmo last night he is seething.

Bodes well.

Can expect a really good shake next season, regardless of the tough draw.

Have his wife a bit of a clip as well. Nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back