News Thank you Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite sad about this. Not just for Bolton but for the club who - once again - sees a coach in and out the door after a few short years.

Thanks Bolts. It was an unenviable task to be the head honcho of a list that started at the bottom and needed to be stripped out from there. Best of luck to him in another gig.

Now we have the pleasure of scrutinising the process of choosing the next coach and their performance until our eyes bleed for the next few years again. Yay.

He has no doubt earned his 12 month pay out (guessing that's the deal).

Enjoy the time with your family! He will bob up at another club soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit sad about this. Wanted Bolts to succeed and reap the fruits of his teaching and mentoring. No doubt he seems like a genuine person and tried his best. We haven't really had a single kid "demand out".

But, tactically and mentally the kids look shot. They look confused and the gameplan, if any, just isn't working and doesn't look like it ever will.

I have no doubt we have some great young talent at the club. Maybe the next coach can extract the best from them now.

I also have no doubt Bolts gave it his best. Thanks Bolts.

Thanks Bolts, Sad to see you go like this.

I am grateful you never put your position before the direction you wanted the club to go.

Unfortunately thats the way the cookie crumbles in a performance based industry.

Feel like you never really had the chance to show what you could have achieved.

Took on a ridiculously tough coaching job. Gave it his best.

At the game yesterday though, I couldn't help but be dismayed at how dysfunctional we were. Sure, I've seen us play some great footy in patches this year, but that awful mid-fwd connection has kept rearing its ugly head.

You run through the individual capabilities of Cripps, Walsh, SPS, Fisher, McKay, Curnow, Weitering, Cunningham and Stocker (off the top of my head) and can't help but think we should be doing much better.

I'm of the view that the list is in a decent spot with a few holes but with plenty of talent to work with.

All in all, best of luck BB.

Thanks Bolts.

Didn’t want to believe it when I got the text, not sure why I didn’t want to believe it I just didn’t.

The results speak for themselves and they have not gone our way, not by a long shot.

We have improved this year, statistics show that we have.

I’m happy with the people we’ve got in place at the moment.

But this reeks of old Carlton to me.

Bolton did his best FOR the Carlton footy club. Everything he did was for the good of us medium/long term.

He leaves on good terms with most sane blues supporters.

But in the end it became clear he wasn't the COACH to take us further. It was obvious as the weeks went by the last month or so.

We backed him until we could no longer. In the end he has given us his all and we have given him a 4 year career as an AFL senior coach. He's a lucky bloke and now he and Carlton move on.

Did very well in kicking off this rebuild, think he's a terrific human and hope he's successful wherever he ends up.
Agree with all of this. Where he lacked was on match day.

Well done Bolton. Took in the most challenging job in footy. Held it together for 3 very trying years.

Didn’t get a scrap of luck with injuries, player departures and even the fixture. Even then, but for 10 seconds against Gold Coast, an extra 5 seconds vs Hawthorn and some umpiring vs Collingwood, things might be very different.

Time to move on, but he did well, and fully deserves another crack elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back