Toast Thank you Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know if we need this mods, merge if you think appropriate.

Thanks Brad. Been a bumpy ride with high's and low's. Today being typical heart in the mouth North Melbourne style but the right result.
Will always remember those finals wins and how close we came.
Think we part as friends and the way the last couple of days have panned out > much respect.

Good luck going forward and glad we can count you as a Shinboner. 👍

Thought that counts Tas ☺

Oh, on that note then I'd like to thank him for his efforts over the years, I know the place wasn't ideal when he first came but we had some good times along the way and most of all, even though 50% win/loss rate isn't hall of fame level of coaching, he still won 102 games. Thank you, Brad, for not being Alan Richardson who won 41 of 120 games (35%), Chris Fagan 16 of 53 games (30.19%), Brendon Bolton 21 of 80 games (26.25%) or Stuart Dew 7 of 31 games (22.58%).

My main concern is we will do worse than Brad, we are no guarantee of doing better. I hope we do better and it annoys me that the players had more of a dip when it was too late to save his job. If you actually play for the guy, you do it week in, week out, not when the hangman has the noose around his neck already.

I doubt he reads BigFooty.
Just need Kingy to and then he can relay them on that way brad catches wind of the positives

In all seriousness he was good in the Media. When we had him and Brayshaw in charge I feel like we had a big media presence compared to majority of coach and presidents

Kept us competitive over the years
At lease tried to target the best players in the game even though it didn’t succeed at least we tried
Back to back prelims
Think he chose 2 very good captains in his time in Swallow and Ziebell

Wasted a decade for our football club (albeir tried hard). I'm not that thankful for that.

He's done very well financially out of North. Supporters not so much.

Nice guy, poor coach. I'm thankful we are finally moving forward.

Last edited:
Potting someone who's just left the club regardless of what you think of them is low. You have every right to criticise until the day they're shown the door, but as soon as they call it time, you cease and move on with your life just as they have moved on with theirs.

Otherwise you're just a petty flog who lives in the past and can't be grateful you're not being left a basket case like Carlton or Melbourne. I expect better from the North faithful to at least have some respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just putting the facts out there for you emotional types.

Yep, Pagan's career at Carlton is highly relevant Chris.

...........and I'M the emotional one?

LOL.

What are the positives?

Significantly more stable club than when he took over.
Engaged playing group (not leaving despite comparative advantage at other clubs).
Higher membership.
Increased professionalism.
Strong community engagement.
Strong relationships with major sponsors.
Good quality people in the playing group.

Final results are in:

Pagan win %: 50.30%
Scott win %: 50.24%
Pagan 2 flags in 3 GF’s
Scott 0 flags in 0 GF’s

Thanks Brad, good luck earning half a mill a year in the media or in Gil’s Ivory Tower.

As Ariana puts it; thank u next.

Good to see this thread has gone the way of all Brad Scott threads. Kudos to the usual suspects.
Possible to hold a nuanced view that ultimately his output reflects his ability, but that 50% conceals a fair range of actual happenings? That's how I experienced these 10 years...some wild highs, some awful lows, fair bit of mediocrity. Categorically not a terrible or a brilliant coach. But how you shut the door does reflect a bit of class I reckon - there's been ample opportunity to express displeasure, maybe keep one space safe (LOL) to express something more subtle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back