Toast Thank you Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

I hoped he would prove us critics wrong and do a Hardwick or Buckley break out season.
Fairy tales are just that.

If i'd I ever meet him I'd thank him personally.

But having said that, the coaching clock hit midnight in 2017.
Just doing over time.

It's not his fault his strengths became his weaknesses and the administration of the club is accountable for that more then he is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Agree with the good wishes but can only blame the administration for good faith. Glad Scott showed good faith in the end as he had too much power and the review will show that. Good on him for sticking up for Joyce at the end of the presser. I think Joyce has been very good for North under trying draft positions and trying to get big fish. I don't think people understand how hard it is to move a gun from their organisation when it is public and people are calling the club willing to more their lawn because they love them.

Fare thee well Brad Scott. I may have ranted on Saturday night but it was only because I thought the club has put itself in a really trusting position in regards to the man that has been sacked. He could have torn the club asunder. Air grievances. The club trusted him and he was worthy of that trust.

The review will strongly suggest that does not happen again.

Here's to Brad for his efforts. He did a lot of good things. All the best for the next chapter of his life

Scott's main problem was that he was a poor tactician and matchday coach. Apart from that he was fine. He had some good qualities, spoke well, was passionate, and was a players coach. The respect they showed him yesterday was first class. It does mean something seeing this. Normally players lose focus, crack the shits and are wrapped when the coach eventually gets the arse. Not here. Unfortunately we lost far too many games we should have won under him. It was becoming a bad habit and trademark for our team. It nearly happened again yesterday. A new voice and clear skies as Scott stated today was simply the best way to go. It was a decent and dignified exit. Good luck to him.
Well done Ben. Sniffed the air and got a deal done

It won't hurt the players to experience some unexpected "finality" for the first time in many of their careers.

The clock is ticking for a few of them.

[QUOTE="Mordecai, post: 61060287, member: 24259" Until then I'll take the bad with the good and thank him all the same.
Can you also thank him for the first game this year versus Freo.....That was a wonderful memory I will always have. Smashed by an average team because we decided to play a farked up handball and short pass game.

You're a big boy. You can do it.

He was the coach in arguably two of my most treasured memories beating * and Richmond in back to back elim finals. Moment and videos that will forever be appreciated.

So I thank him for those.

Yesterday at the ground when he walked out to greet the players it was sad.
It was sad because he entered the club as I was exiting my teen years and departs as I’m finishing my 20s.

10 years of reflection upon myself to go with 10 years of reflection upon North Melbourne.
Off field we are going well. In another alternate reality we would be playing games in Ballarat and we wouldn’t have choked so many losses in 2013, we would have put teams like Carlton and Brisbane and Gold Coast away and who knows, Ben Brown dominates a prelim against West Coast and we may have jagged a flag.

Did ok for the club but ultimately you can't have a coach continue after 10 years and no Grand final appearances. I thank Scott for his contribution to the club, clearly there are many players who have appreciated his input into their careers. Loved those big finals wins and loved the fact we finished above expectations last year when I was expecting a bit more of a bottom out.

LOL "thanks Brad"....

Thanks for wasting 10 years, for making the club a laughing stock in the AFL and trashing the Shinboner spirit.

Funny how you think that the replacement is so sure to do any better. But if you blame it all on Brad, I guess its logical. On the other hand, if there are also structural and historical reasons for our performance ...

Have abstained from comment because the speed at which this all unfolded has been faster than anyone could've predicted. Still finding my feet!

I'm not sure of the reality concerning Brad. There are those I know have dealt with him first hand who can't speak highly enough of him. There are those on here who I trust who hint at a more Machiavellian type of figure. Who knows.

It's not enjoyable watching a relationship end. As much as I've (hopefully objectively) questioned him it was sad to see him present as a 'former' North Melbourne person. In some bizarre world I want everyone to stay part of the NMFC fold forever.

The significant form lift in the last game was eye-catching and a frustrating "where was this? kick as much as anything. Why have Brad and the playing group often needed the shackles lifted (finals out of contention etc) to play with such dare and energy?

He's been a good coach. We didn't get the next Alistair Clarkson 10 years ago but we didn't get a 10 years window of Bailey (RIP), Neeld, Craig and Roos either.

Sometimes you change jobs and get to shed your old persona. You enter the new environment with a clean slate, able to start from day one without some mental impediment you saddled yourself with at the last gig.

Maybe Brad was too entrenched as a 'player' coach at North and was never going to be able to pull back enough from that track to be clinical enough for real success. Maybe in a new gig he can maintain more distance from the get-go while holding on to his clearly strong interpersonal traits. Who knows? And frankly, no longer my/our concern.

It's been a rollercoaster, I'll side with the view that he was more good rather than bad as a presence. Thanks for the fun times like doing Richmond in front of their rabid supporter base in a final as their prodigal son in Tripod Nahas and nemesis in Waite did some damage. 9 of the top 10 Scott memories would strangely be routs of Richmond I'd say. Thanks for some super exciting football in 2013 that was a lot of fun to watch. Probably the best North team under him but went unrewarded thanks to some silly lapses.

Good luck and thanks for being part of the North Melbourne Football Club.

Does that justify keeping him?
No. Brad had a good go, and came up short. But supporters also have to be realistic about a range of forces that also impact upon the team's performance. Those won't go a way with a change of coach.
Its a bit like Brexit. Its strange the Tories think a change of leader will make the contradictory forces at play different.

No. Brad had a good go, and came up short. But supporters also have to be realistic about a range of forces that also impact upon the team's performance. Those won't go a way with a change of coach.
Its a bit like Brexit. Its strange the Tories think a change of leader will make the contradictory forces at play different.

All shall be revealed soon enough.

You are underrating how much change can occur when a new coach is brought in.

Sure it work both ways, but implying we are handicapped by these (undisclosed) "forces" is unnecessarily defeatist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not enjoyable watching a relationship end.

He's been a good coach.

I doubt Kangatime has found it unenjoyable!........

50 per cent record suggests average rather than good, especially as I've always rated our list higher than the media etc.

I've been very happy with the dismissal, but i do wish him well.

It will be interesting how it plays out as maybe his next stint (assuming he gets one as many expect) will better determine his quality as a coach.

You are underrating how much change can occur when a new coach is brought in.

Sure it work both ways, but implying we are handicapped by these (undisclosed) "forces" is unnecessarily defeatist.
Yep. The coach is the single most important factor to success. A s**t coach can make a good list mediocre, and a good coach can make an average list much more than the sum of their parts.

Hi all,
Daily reader, extremely rare poster.
Curious if anyone knows on where the leak to Slobbo on Friday come from?
Was it from the club or Scott’s camp?
The sh1t canning the club is copping in the media in mainly around the players not knowing prior to the media..
Thanks

Potting someone who's just left the club regardless of what you think of them is low. You have every right to criticise until the day they're shown the door, but as soon as they call it time, you cease and move on with your life just as they have moved on with theirs.

Otherwise you're just a petty flog who lives in the past and can't be grateful you're not being left a basket case like Carlton or Melbourne. I expect better from the North faithful to at least have some respect.
Great post. The players knew how good he was. He will coach again.

The players knew how good he was. He will coach again.

They're probably all on Domain now looking for their next investment property.

No wonder they were so upset to lose their personal financial adviser and occasional footy coach.

They're probably all on Domain now looking for their next investment property.

No wonder they were so upset to lose their personal financial adviser and occasional footy coach.
Yeah Cunners and Tarrant would struggle to get a game at most clubs. Lucky Scott carried them for 10 years.

Scott has shown a lot more class on the way out than a lot of North fans. It’s why he is so respected in the footy community.

Hi all,
Daily reader, extremely rare poster.
Curious if anyone knows on where the leak to Slobbo on Friday come from?
Was it from the club or Scott’s camp?
The sh1t canning the club is copping in the media in mainly around the players not knowing prior to the media..
Thanks

I did it.

Of course it is relevant. That is his career %. He choose Carlton and he had Carey.

*chose

Ie; He "chose" to go back to school because he didn't know the difference between "chose" and "choose". Most likely the same goes for "lose" and "loose"

I agree we should thank Brad for his loyal service....I am sure he will go on and coach again and potentially inherit / coach a better list that delivers him that elusive premiership....and he will for many years celebrate that premiership........unlike his "boys" at North..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back