Universal Love Thank you Brett Deledio

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Sad way to end up, but he gave his all in that last game to give the rest of the boys the best chance to win. Lids has been a mighty AFL competitor over many years, and although we never saw his best at the Giants, I can only say thanks for all of your efforts for our team over the last 3 years, and I wish you and your family all the very best in the future.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Legend of the game.

I take it there is no glimmer of hope left he could make it back for a grand final (should you proceed past the Pies?).

Will go down as one of the best to never win a flag. Left the Tigers a year before there's. It'd be truly bittersweet if GWS were to overcome the odds this year and win it all without him on the ground.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Feeling really sad for Lids. Whichever way the result goes, it's likely Lids won't be on the ground, and he'll be on the sidelines watching either his current side lift the cup or his old. The footy gods can be cruel sometimes - as well as the everday God given the revelations during that recent interview he gave. :huh:

All the very best for your future Lids.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Feeling really sad for Lids. Whichever way the result goes, it's likely Lids won't be on the ground, and he'll be on the sidelines watching either his current side lift the cup or his old. The footy gods can be cruel sometimes - as well as the everday God given the revelations during that recent interview he gave. :huh:

All the very best for your future Lids.
Is he a chance do you think?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

cowgirl_99

Senior List
Jun 13, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney
He was weeping inconsolably for a time last night at the 'G...it's what a player dreams of doing & it must have been so close but yet so far.....I went up to Lids and told him you are a part of this you helped the boys get them to where they are today..enjoy the week..remember your work..the heart you showed to this club was amazing..he was really cool about what I said...man i felt for him..he's a true champ..and why oh why the AFL doesn't award a premiership medal to every player who has played in an AFL game during the season for 4 premiership points is beyond me..sure the 20 on the day is sacred..but the players who helped get those 4 points to tally up to a finals berth / top 8 ladder position deserve much better recognition..with all the talk about players mental health & well being..well what about doing something like the above..The winning NFL Superbowl teams award rings to all of the players & staff on the roster. Why cant the AFl do something similar for the players. Lids SO deserves this if the Giants win on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back