Review Thank you Campo

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for your long service.
Thank you for being one of our first assistants from outside the club.
Thank you for your leadership in 2015.

Our midfield was underperforming, and it's time to go, but thanks for your input over the years.

Brett Burton can * right off.

Yes, it is a shame Campo has been tarred with the same brush as Burton.

He was not a great coach and stayed here too long. But he did some good things for us.

But he is not a bad guy nor was he negligent in what he did.

It was time for him to move on when Pyke was appointed though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep, I have no particular disdain for Campo. Served the club well, did some good things and - by external views anyway - some poor aspects of his performance, too. I'll find it hard to believe he was disliked by the players, more perhaps that he was stale. As opposed to certain other staff who were both universally shocking at their jobs, and disliked / unrespected. So thanks for your service, Campo. Time to move on.

giphy.gif

Yeah no, in his 9 years in charge of the midfield his one plan at stoppages was for Sam Jacobs to tap it down to Scott Thompson, once he went so did all the club’s apparent plans at stoppages. He also had Vince, Dangerfield, Sloane & Thompson and did nothing with them and in 2016-2017 we finally get a good forward line and settled backline what let’s us down? The Camporeale led midfield.

And let’s get rid of this fallacy he stepped up after Walsh’s death, he didn’t he was forcibly pushed to do it by the club’s board as he was the most senior member of a very inexperienced box that had Teague (1st year at club), Milburn (3rd Year), he never wanted to be the head coach he arrogantly hates media and being in the spotlight, the bloke treated his position with such contempt he done it on a part time basis for years. Not to mention the coaches like Teague for one he’s pissed off in his time there as he does not play nice with others.

Only reason he lasted so long was worming in and becoming friends with the right people, he was always best mates with the head coach and always has been invited to senior players party’s and weddings, there’s relationships you build as a coach then there’s overstepping and being buddy buddies like ‘good bloke’ Campo has done for a decade.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yeah no, in his 9 years in charge of the midfield his one plan at stoppages was for Sam Jacobs to tap it down to Scott Thompson, once he went so did all the club’s apparent plans at stoppages. He also had Vince, Dangerfield, Sloane & Thompson and did nothing with them and in 2016-2017 we finally get a good forward line and settled backline what let’s us down? The Camporeale led midfield.

And let’s get rid of this fallacy he stepped up after Walsh’s death, he didn’t he was forcibly pushed to do it by the club’s board as he was the most senior member of a very inexperienced box that had Teague (1st year at club), Milburn (3rd Year), he never wanted to be the head coach he arrogantly hates media and being in the spotlight, the bloke treated his position with such contempt he done it on a part time basis for years. Not to mention the coaches like Teague for one he’s pi**ed off in his time there as he does not play nice with others.

Only reason he lasted so long was worming in and becoming friends with the right people, he was always best mates with the head coach and always has been invited to senior players party’s and weddings, there’s relationships you build as a coach then there’s overstepping and being buddy buddies like ‘good bloke’ Campo has done for a decade.
Forced to do it ? Maybe. Doubtful though. Not in those circumstances.
But he took it on anyway and did BRILLIANTLY. So thanks for that . Too many people are being schoolboyish about all of this. Imagine what it must have been like. Ok things went awry but we are outsiders. We don't know what happened And what it takes. I don't think anyone , well at least Campo, would have gone out of his way to be a total prick.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To steer the club to the finals and actually win in Melbourne as pointed out above by many posters is worthy of nothing but respect and thanks all on its own. That was one hell of a coaching job in an unprecedented situation.

On a personal note, that finals game will always hold a special spot for me as I got little AC up to watch with me.

So thanks for helping to provide a memorable moment for me, Campo. Good luck in your next role wherever it may be.

Stepped up to fill in for Phil when he died which was probably the only real plus from this period.

Stayed too long, and wasn't particularly good to begin with considering how much our midfield underperformed, and the issues which have plagued that line for nearly a decade.

I'm willing to just move on and forget about this whole affair.

To steer the club to the finals and actually win in Melbourne as pointed out above by many posters is worthy of nothing but respect and thanks all on its own. That was one hell of a coaching job in an unprecedented situation.

On a personal note, that finals game will always hold a special spot for me as I got little AC up to watch with me.

So thanks for helping to provide a memorable moment for me, Campo. Good luck in your next role wherever it may be.

That game and finish will forever be immortalised in history and be something that everyone will remember.

That run down the wing and kick from Tex that won us the game would easily be in the top 3 greatest highlights for the club since 1998.

Yep, I have no particular disdain for Campo. Served the club well, did some good things and - by external views anyway - some poor aspects of his performance, too. I'll find it hard to believe he was disliked by the players, more perhaps that he was stale. As opposed to certain other staff who were both universally shocking at their jobs, and disliked / unrespected. So thanks for your service, Campo. Time to move on.
I have a similar stance. In this industry you need to do amazing or you won’t last. I don’t think he was amazing or ever head hunted?? But He played his role and I genuinely wish him personal success. As for Burton though, I hope he finds the nose surgeon he desperately needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back